Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Ahhh another confused noob for you all...


    I would love some help answering some (or even all) of the questions I have.

    My partner and I have set up an adult paysite. We have all the content, we have built the site, we have a host, all I thought I had left to do was find the billing company.

    I am based in the UK, and wanted to use ccbill. They ask for business id numbers (what?) and vat numbers and such. So do I need to register as a business? If so... can I register it abroad to avoid the Uk's high taxes, if so how do you go about this?

    Also do I need to set up a new bank account, or can I use an existing personal one?

    Both my partner and I are creative, and can do all that side, I'm also fairly internet savvy, but need help businesswise!

    Thank you


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Hi! Megan!

    Well setting up a website abroad to Avoid taxes is a good idea but the difficulties still come in place.

    1. Most countries will need you to have a ban there
    2. Most countries need for you to be a resident
    3. All most all need a billing address in that country!

    if you want to have a VAT ID and Business ID.

  3. #3
    Thank you for the reply

    Okay then... well I don't mind paying uk taxes... I just want to get things moving!

    So do I definitely need to be a registered company... and if so does anyone know if its LTD, PLC, etc?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I'd say forming a Limited company would be your best bet.

    It allows you to get yourself a business bank account, and avail of some other services which may come in handy.
    Adam Hoban.
    ManobanWeb Group
    UK and US - Shared & Reseller Hosting Solutions

  5. #5
    Thank you Manoban,

    So I'm looking at a LTD company, and opening a business bank account.

    Assuming neither are quick to set up...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Well, I know here in Ireland it can all be done online and you recieve your certs in around a week. I'm not 100% certain about the UK though, maybe someone else could shead some light on the time frame.
    Adam Hoban.
    ManobanWeb Group
    UK and US - Shared & Reseller Hosting Solutions

  7. #7
    There are sites on google that are a "Third Party" registration agent, they can get your company registered etc and so all of the dirty work for you, Ive used it in the past when i did to become LTD they had 3 options, one of which was only around 17gbp for a full registration and virtual certificate, or around 10 more for an actual certificate.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    London / Los Angeles
    If you're a UK citizen you can register the company and setup a local bank account on the Isle of man.

    Natwest bank offer this kind of service just filling a couple of forms.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Nottingham, UK

    You will find a lot of helpful information at they are the official UK government register of UK companies. but this isn't a pre-request of getting a business bank account in the UK, talk to your personal banker and they will be only too happy get get you all the info you need.


Similar Threads

  1. ahhh my new car
    By Project X in forum Web Hosting Lounge
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 07-03-2006, 02:34 AM
  2. ahhh?
    By michael-lane in forum Programming Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-24-2005, 11:54 AM
  3. Ahhh, need PC Help
    By Mekhu in forum Web Hosting Lounge
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-07-2004, 12:26 AM
  4. Ahhh!
    By ken124578 in forum Programming Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-19-2003, 10:47 PM
  5. help ahhh!
    By ckizer in forum Dedicated Server
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-11-2001, 04:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts