Career Opportunity - Sr. Web Hosting Administrator/.NET Development Support
Searching for a Sr. Web Hosting Administrator/.NET Development Support Professional to work with Fortune 500 company and industry leader. They offer a competitive base salary, annual bonus and a comprehensive benefits package. This company has been listed several times in "The 100 Best Places to Work in IT", by Computer Weekly magazine.
Locations: Tustin, CA (Preferred) but we would consider candidates from Atlanta, Miami, Woodbury (St. Paul, MN) and Milwaukee. No relocation expenses available for this position.
70% of work will be setup/troubleshoot/admin of Microsoft IIS Server ver 6 (in the process of upgrading to 7) including setting up applications and working with developers.
20% of work will be supporting Apache web servers including load balancing, troubleshooting of web services, managing internet protocols, etc.
10% of work will be supporting the .NET development team (helpful to have Java) .
You will provide planning, implementation and support for a subset of the Web Hosting infrastructure utilized by hundreds of applications across many sites. All of the functions consist of complex hardware and software configurations and interact regularly with other functions across the company. (Network, Security, Infrastructure, Procurement, Helpdesks, applications, etc.) You will also provide development support to .NET developers both in the US and Ireland.
• Completion of Bachelor's degree in MIS, CS, Technical Certification, etc. and/or 5+ years of experience
• Strong IIS 6 and 7 and Windows Server 2003 skills
• .NET Framework installation and performance tuning
• Experience in developing and debugging complex ASP.NET web applications
• Experience in developing .NET Windows applications such as console applications or Windows services
• Basic understanding of SQL Server, Oracle, or DB2 Database clients. As well as basic query syntax
• General understanding of TCP/IP networks, HTTP, and DNS technologies
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong knowledge of web applications and infrastructure
• Strong knowledge of distributed systems
• Experience in application architecture, design, and development a plus