Exclamation Geekstorage Review, Geekstorage VPS Review

I was looking for a Virtuozzo VPS for some testing purposes some time back.

Thought to give Geekstorage unmanaged VPS a try.

After ordering I opened a ticket to get an update on the status. After more than 3.5 hours I got a response and they sent the details needed to verify the order.

After around 4 hours I was told it would be ready that day. I was very happy as everything went smoothly till then.

Ticket response time is some 2hours-8hours on average from my experience, that is the good part there.

After I saw the VPS login details I went to the cPanel but ...
    1. The cPanel was outdated (2-3 versions back do not remember exactly).
    2. I tried from more than one connection and from more than one computer to make sure it was not any error on my part, but the cPanel would either time out or take a dead-long time to open.

cPanel either not opening or taking a long time to open can not be accepted on a VPS even if it can be accepted on shared hosting/reseller hosting.

I reported it to them in ticket, their answer was "It is possible to see slowdowns on cPanel access during peak hours" (on a VPS)

So i told them to cancel it and provide a refund. A week went away after that I did not say them anything, but the ticket got closed after a week without any reply or refund.

I then updated the ticket again. And they refunded me excluding $18.

I almost forgot about that in 1 week as I remain busy with other stuff and the price was not that amount, but I got an email after a week saying the ticket was closed. I checked to see no one replied or refunded when I 'poked' them again.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the community but glad to see your payment refunded and overall experience positive.
    █• CirtexHosting • Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    █• LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    █• HostV VPS • Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    █• We transfer your sites over quickly! • I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Quote Originally Posted by Cirtex View Post
    Thanks for sharing your experience with the community but glad to see your payment refunded and overall experience positive.
    It doesn't sound overly positive to me. I'm a little confused though, did they refund you everything except for $18? Any reason why that could be? (i.e. non-refundable license costs)

Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustHosting View Post
    It doesn't sound overly positive to me.
    Same from my side.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustHosting View Post
    Any reason why that could be? (i.e. non-refundable license costs)
    I assume it might be the cost of the licences. As per their TOS

Due to the time involved in provisioning VPS orders and the licensing costs involved, all VPS orders are subject to a $15 non-refundable fee upon cancellation. Payments made for setup fees, control panel licensing, dedicated server purchases, domain registrations or account upgrades are non refundable

Thanks for providing a review about them..
    What happens to cloud when it rains ?

Well I have just taken a look at their website and I do not see any unmanaged VPS offering. What plan were you having with them?
    Aspiration Hosting [US • UK • SG • AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    • LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo •

• Web Development Support • Unmetered Bandwidth • Aspiration CDN • Magento Optimized •

Quote Originally Posted by JLHC View Post
    Well I have just taken a look at their website and I do not see any unmanaged VPS offering. What plan were you having with them?
    They advertise managed but apparently its not.

thanks for sharing and that's good you got partial refund which is better than nothing at all.
    QuickWeb™ -We Host Servers Like a Boss!
    New Zealand - USA - UK - Germany Virtual Servers
    Worldwide hosting provider with proven 24x7 and 25-Minute Support!
    www.quickweb.co.nz and GETVZ - Complete VPS Package with SSD Drive