14 client CPanel host for sale -- Unique niche, great upside potential

I've been running a small CPanel host for just under 2 years now. It's in a really unique niche, specializing in providing web hosting for gaming clans and game server operators. I haven't had time or money to do any SEO or marketing and it's a great time for somebody with that kind of experience to take things over.

I'm using a reseller account which costs ~$350 annually depending on how far in advance you pay. I had slightly over $800 in revenue in 2008 and just under $900 so far in 2009.

I have 14 clients who pay $4.95 - $9.95 monthly, $39.95 - $99.95 annually, or $9.95 annually for gaming server statistics web app hosting only.

I also just got a $100 Google Adwords coupon that I can include. The sale includes the PSD files for the great looking XHTML/CSS/jQuery design I created. It also includes the host name and the domain name. The website does very well naturally in results for searches related to hosting for game server stats software. Billing and support tickets are handled with WHMCS/PayPal. Another benefit of this niche is that the clients have a decent amount of technical knowledge and don't have that many support tickets.

Please PM me if you're interested in discussing the purchase of the host. No NDA required. Please, no lowballs -- I'd prefer to sell this to someone who can make the most of this opportunity to grow the host instead of just rolling the clients in with their own. I expect to sell by the end of October.

PM me the details including website/domain name, expenses, etc.

Update: For now I'm going to update bidders on the current sale price by PM manually. I'd appreciate it if you got back to me with offers quickly so I can update the other interested parties. If it gets too hectic I'll switch to posting it in a Twitter/RSS feed. Auction ends at the end of 10/31/2009 Pacific time.
    -------------------

One more thing that I didn't address fully in my first post. The current clients are mostly gaming clans or game server operators. They have relationships with many similar potential customers.

Most of the potential clients already pay around $20-$80/month to other companies for their gaming servers and have already shown a great willingness to pay. I think that whoever buys the host can get some great returns right off the bat if they set up a serious affiliate program and are willing to lay down cash for new clients from this lucrative vertical.

The clients could also use their game servers to advertise their affiliate links. The games that are popular with my customers have features that let server operators display image based ads to connecting users that can be linked to actual websites. They can also display non-clickable ads on 3D surfaces in-game.

There's also all kinds of gaming specific up-selling that I didn't have the means to offer, e.g. Ventrilo or Teamspeak servers.

I also have an idea for an innovative way to compete in game server hosting with services like gameservers.com (which has seen 2x growth in traffic this year even with the current economy http://siteanalytics.compete.com/gameservers.com -- staying in and gaming is a lot cheaper than going out). It would be way easier to setup, and cheaper and easier for customers. It was too much for me to do by myself, but if the web host buyer is interested I'd be happy to let you know about the idea.

Purchasing this host would be a great opportunity for someone who already has a host but wants to target a narrow vertical instead of competing directly with giant hosts like HostGator. Ideally I see it going to someone who can do all the things that I wanted to do with it but couldn't afford to.

PM me detail please...
    █ Providing Quality Litespeed Web Hosting
    Data Centre - USA - UK - Malaysia
    █ 24/7 Fast Support / 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    30 Day Money Back Guarantee

Please PM me details
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

Quote Originally Posted by hostbeingsold View Post
    Update: For now I'm going to update bidders on the current sale price by PM manually.
    Since this appears to now be an auction, we need this post to comply with the following rules,

Rules regarding auctions:

Auctions must be conducted under the following guidelines.

If you are selling:

1. If you have a reserve, start the bidding at your reserved price.
    2. Clearly post an end date and time expressed in GMT.
    3. State accepted payment methods.
    4. If an auction is not exclusive to WHT, you must display the URL(s) within the thread.
    5. End the auction at the end date and time you stated. Or when the "Buy It Now" price is reached, if you listed one.
    6. Transfer ownership to the winner.

If you are buying:

1. You are responsible for the bids you post. Bid only if you plan to buy.
    2. Publicly post your bid.
    3. If you win an auction, pay the seller.

1. No reserve
    2. End date is Nov. 1 at 7:00 AM GMT, which is midnight between Oct. 31 and Nov. 1 in PDT
    3. Accepted payment methods are: PayPal for reputable WHT posters, escrow for others

I'll start the bidding at $50
    EQHosting - Experience the Difference
    Web Hosting - Game Servers - Ventrilo Servers - Dedicated Servers
    █ 24/7 Support - Instant Setup - 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    EQHosting.com - Twitter

The current bid is $50. Do I hear $51?

I'll bid $60

Is there a way for us to chat over IM? I'm interested in discussing further with you.

I'll go $70.

HostBeingSold, if you can PM or IM me I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
    NEPA Fiber
    AS 394868 - Wilkes-Barre, PA
    █ Fiber Internet, Dedicated Servers, Colocation, Cloud
    100% Uptime SLA - 24/7/365 Support

Would you please PM us more details.
    HostingScene - Reliable web hosting since 2003!
    XEN powered VPS - Learn More!
    Nick @ Hostingscene.com - 877-244-5650
    http://www.hostingscene.com

Small update: one customer just upgraded to a $39.95 annual account from a $9.95 account.

$85 here. Fast sale.
    Also PM me the details including website/domain name, expenses, etc.

I'd like to make an offer, but before I do can you please PM me more details including a more detailed break down of the clients (what they are paying, billing cycles, etc), which DC is being used, resources being used/plan breakdown, website/domain name, expenses.

Thanks!

Update: After a brief interlude due to WHT username/bureaucratic issues, the thread is back!

I'm pushing the sale date back to November 6 at 8:00 am GMT, which is midnight between November 5 and 6 Pacific time.

The current bid price, which I received via e-mail, is $300.

I would be interested in the sale for 200 USD if all can be verified.

Quote Originally Posted by Coryvmcs1 View Post
    I would be interested in the sale for 200 USD if all can be verified.
    That's an interesting auction strategy.

thats because you are really not running an auction since offers were to $85 and then you get an email for $300 which was not part of WHT auction so I can not verify if it is legitimate or not.

That's an interesting auction strategy.

You wrote "if all can be verified". If it was verified at $300, how would your $200 bid make sense?

You wrote "if all can be verified". If it was verified at $300, how would your $200 bid make sense?
    In an auction on WHT, private bids are not acceptable as binding, only public bids are. The highest public bid is currently $200, depending on verification of details of the sale.
    Carry on.
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

Hi, Just sent you a PM. Thanks.

Please PM me more information

Has this been Sold?

Please sent me your plan details. I can give you a better offer.

Quote Originally Posted by THAMAN View Post
    Has this been Sold?
    Still for sale, auction terminates at the end of Nov. 5 at midnight Pacific time.

You still havn't PMd me any information on this.

Please can you PM me the Site details.

Please send me site details - info [at] yukonhost [dot] com

Whats the current price?
    Boutique Host || Driven by our Uptime and Customer Service Record with proven 99.9% uptime.
    Shared and Reseller Packages - cPanel - Softaculous - RVSiteBuilder - CloudFlare.
    Live Chat || 24/7 Technical Support || 30 Minute Average Technical Response Time.

I will bid 210 if the company is still for sale
    Boutique Host || Driven by our Uptime and Customer Service Record with proven 99.9% uptime.
    Shared and Reseller Packages - cPanel - Softaculous - RVSiteBuilder - CloudFlare.
    Live Chat || 24/7 Technical Support || 30 Minute Average Technical Response Time.

Looks like the current bid is $210. The auction ends in about 12 hours at midnight Pacific time, which is 8 am GMT tomorrow.

I'll bid $230

I will bid $240

I'm assuming this is over, but i don't see it closed by OP. So I'll bid $300 just in case.