Host for New Zealand

I have a client in New Zealand and I'm looking for a host. Just a shared host at a reasonable price. Nothing too expensive.

I heard Australia can be slow, so go for the US. Is this a good choice?

Thanks!

In most cases it should be fine as long as you find a good host.
    bihira.com | 10+ Years of Web Hosting Experience!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    cPanel | CloudLinux | R1Soft | Softaculous
    Find us on facebook and follow us on twitter @bihira

Have you searched the "shared hosting offers" forum for keyword: New Zealand?

I just searched and found a handful of web hosts with servers in N.Z.
    What's your budget?

Seriously, what's your budget?

In terms of latency from NZ (which has a small but sometimes noticeable effect on speed in web hosting), Australia would be in between NZ and the USA. But hosting in Aus would probably cost as much as in NZ so there would be no real benefit to you.

My recommendation would be to host locally (NZ) if your market is local and you can afford it. For a more widespread audience or if your budget won't stretch to local hosting, look to the US West coast.

Edit: Also, if you're looking for a local host, don't assume that just because the business is based in NZ, they must be using servers in NZ. Always ask (and check!)
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

Quote Originally Posted by mhcueball2 View Post
    I have a client in New Zealand and I'm looking for a host. Just a shared host at a reasonable price. Nothing too expensive.

I heard Australia can be slow, so go for the US. Is this a good choice?

Thanks!
    I assume Australian webhosting will be more fasters for him then the one in United states. webhostingtalk.com.au is the place where you can search the web hosting for.
    And as suggested do the search within offers section here. I assume you will be able to get a couple hosts from there
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization

Highly recommend KiwiHosting (www.kiwihosting.net.nz) having used them for a few years now - they use servers in The Planet (US) though, not NZ. Fantastic support and although the prices are higher than a lot of the offers going around these days, you do get what you pay for, and they definitely still fall in the 'budget' category despite that.

It really depends on the host itself, if whether they offer a good service or not. Try checking to offer section forum. When you find a host that you like then try to look at a few reviews on them.

Try Assorted Internet, one of the carriers they have is AT&T which I have always heard yields good connectivity to Australia and New Zealand.