Dedicated Server for Offsite Backups

Hello,

What would you recommend for backup servers?

We do rsync incremental backups.

Need lot of inbound bandwidth and low price per server (which could also be seen as "low price per GB").

I believe the best deal would be servers with Celeron or Atom processors and 2x1TB HD (software raid) or 2x2TB HD (software raid). What do you think?

At this moment we have some backup servers around but we think we are paying too much for them.

Thanks !

Where in the world are you needing this server to be located?

Could be anywhere in the world if the price is worth it. The nearest to South America better. It is also important to be able to have a great download (Server -> Internet) so if we need a file we can have it faster.

What kind of price range?
    Charles W. @ Nexeon Technologies, Inc. - Have a question? PM or email me directly! - c[@]nexeon.com
    Dedicated servers, colocation, cloud, game servers, on-site & remote DDoS protection, and more! Managed options available.
    Data Centers in Chicago, New York, & more! IPv4 and IPv6 available! Contact us for data center buildout & network consultation.
    InstantDedis.com - Instantly delivered dedicated servers located in Chicago, New York, and Dallas.

The cheaper we could get with the most storage

Even having to pay a one-time fee for the big HD's.

We are paying at this moment $75/server to Sagonet (2GB RAM old Pentium with 2x750GB). We got this server long time ago and they did not have bigger HD's so we had to go with 750GB (we had to pay a high setup fee - around $550).

FDC has $49 atom servers that would fit you perfectly.

FDC would be the best option but we have a full rack on FDC so we need to keep our backup at another IDC

Quote Originally Posted by brc_csf View Post
    FDC would be the best option but we have a full rack on FDC so we need to keep our backup at another IDC
    Offsite backup would be your best choice, since your doing rsync have you looked at r1soft.com?

Quote Originally Posted by brc_csf View Post
    I believe the best deal would be servers with Celeron or Atom processors and 2x1TB HD (software raid) or 2x2TB HD (software raid). What do you think?
    How much data do you actually need to back up? I know it sounds dumb, but I've seen lots of people saying "but I get a better price per GB if I rent a server with 2 TB of disk space" and ignoring the fact that they only have 100 GB of data to store. There's no point getting a good price on disk space you're never going to use...
    Dr. Colin Percival, FreeBSD Security Officer
    Online backups for the truly paranoid: http://www.tarsnap.com/

We are backing up several servers, each of them got around 200GB-1TB of data (and increasing everyday )