Shared Hosting with best support?

I've searched and am having some trouble finding similar topics here. Apologies in advance if this is a duplicate.

I'm looking for a shared hosting provider for a business web page. Price is not a major concern, and my goal is to find something with the absolute best in stability and support.

I'll only be using a couple of gigs of storage and will likely use under 20gb of bandwidth per month. I don't need any fancy cPanel features - just FTP access (and ASP support). I also don't want a host who will go too far in overselling the box I'm on. I understand that overselling is a necessity, but I've experienced slowdowns related to that before and I don't like it.

Something about all these hosts offering $10/month shared hosting makes me nervous. I'm looking at HostGator right now and I've seen a number of positive reviews of it here, but I'm sure there's something out there that's designed with business users in mind.

I've looked at Rackspace's Cloud Sites and I don't think that would be the right option for me. Their support is top-notch though, and that's what I want to try and find from another provider.

Any ideas?

Stability and support are definitely much more important than price.
    You can look in the offers section and reviews on the site to find an appropriate host.

Here's a few you might consider:

HostGator
    HawkHost
    SharkSpace
    HJI Technologies, LLC - A New Uncompromising Experience, Since 2014
    Shared Hosting | Resellers Hosting | VPS Hosting
    Add Incredible Value to YOUR Business | 30-Day Money Back Guarantee*
    Get Started Today! | Sales: (806) 724-8004

Quote Originally Posted by DotXM-Hamza View Post
    Here's a few you might consider:

HostGator
    HawkHost
    SharkSpace
    None of those offer ASP support.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito View Post
    None of those offer ASP support.

I missed that part. lol My bad.
    HJI Technologies, LLC - A New Uncompromising Experience, Since 2014
    Shared Hosting | Resellers Hosting | VPS Hosting
    Add Incredible Value to YOUR Business | 30-Day Money Back Guarantee*
    Get Started Today! | Sales: (806) 724-8004

Quote Originally Posted by J2f9Cm3fB View Post
    Something about all these hosts offering $10/month shared hosting makes me nervous.
    You shouldn't be, $10 a month can be a valid pricing, depending on the package they are offering of course. As you may have understood already you have to be careful about vastly oversold hosts, but all the others could be taken in consideration.

Of course do your background checks on companies, and do not make the mistake of choosing hosts because because they scream the loudest and have the largest marketing budget (so they show up in every top 10 hosts site).

Hope these tips help you to find a host for your site; as with the requirements you have you may probably just sign up with any reliable host.

cPanel and ASP would not really match (ASP implementation on *nix systems is just not the same as on windows); you should find a windows host for this.

you should find a windows host for this.
    Fair assessment. Moving thread to a better fitting forum section.

Like 040Hosting said $10 is a very valid price for hosting. I know the host that I recommend the most for ASP, discountasp.net, is only $10 a month. They have always been reliable and extremely knowledgeable when it comes to ASP so I've always found it easy to recommend them to anyone looking for good ASP hosting
    -Jay-

Watch out where the huskies go and don't you eat that yellow snow!

I don't need any fancy cPanel features - just FTP access (and ASP support). I also don't want a host who will go too far in overselling the box I'm on. I understand that overselling is a necessity, but I've experienced slowdowns related to that before and I don't like it.

Something about all these hosts offering $10/month shared hosting makes me nervous. I'm looking at HostGator right now and I've seen a number of positive reviews of it here, but I'm sure there's something out there that's designed with business users in mind.
    Cpanel is a control panel for linux host.
    Popular control panels for windows hosting are Dotnetpanel, Plesk, and some others ...
    If my information is up-to-date, Hostgator does not provide windows hosting.
    I see they provide one plan with asp support but you're better get a windows hosting account to run asp site.
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL SmarterMail Enterprise

If your certain you need asp hosting, check out the offers section, then search for reviews. It doesn't hurt to try a host out to ensure they're the right fit.

And you have every right to be cautious of a sub $10 a month plan, they are plenty of reliable hosts around that rate. If I wasn't in the industry I'd raise an eyebrow at such a low cost for something so critical to my business as email & hosting.

But being in the industry I get "it is what it is".

I would take a look at both CrystalTech and Cartika for Windows based plans. Both are solid companies, but you are probably going to have to pay more than you want for disk space required. Disk space is a premium commododity for those hosts that use smaller/faster SCSI/SAS drives (146/300GB) in raid 10 than a host that uses huge SATA drives. Then you have to take into account in Cartika's case they keep 30 days of restore points to SAS raid arrays, then offsite backups of the backups to SAS raid arrays...so you can see how it gets really expensive compared to a host using 1TB+ SATA drives in their environment.

Overall, it is a bit time consuming looking for a host, but the more time you give on making sure you got the right one, the lesser risk you take. And if you're still not sure, maybe try a host for a month to get a feel of their service.

Try to check http://databasemart.com/ too.

Very knowledgeable in windows environment.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

I've searched and am having some trouble finding similar topics here. Apologies in advance if this is a duplicate.

I'm looking for a shared hosting provider for a business web page. Price is not a major concern, and my goal is to find something with the absolute best in stability and support.

I'll only be using a couple of gigs of storage and will likely use under 20gb of bandwidth per month. I don't need any fancy cPanel features - just FTP access (and ASP support). I also don't want a host who will go too far in overselling the box I'm on. I understand that overselling is a necessity, but I've experienced slowdowns related to that before and I don't like it.

I've looked at Rackspace's Cloud Sites and I don't think that would be the right option for me. Their support is top-notch though, and that's what I want to try and find from another provider.

Any ideas?
    You have to request ASP with Hostgator as they do support it.

Chilisoft environment is thrid party.

I use HostGator and The Planet for my free hosting services and the support has been 100%.