Thread: WHMCS Queries

WHMCS Queries

I have set the title to WHMCS as I may need more help setting this up. Hope that's ok

Is it possible to change the default currency in WHMCS (such as when I log in, it says 'Income today: $xx.xx....' Is it possible to change this to 's?

Thanks

I think the only way to change the default currency is to go to Setup -> Currencies and make a new currency for USD. Then edit the old USD, the one with no delete icon, edit that to euros or pounds or whatever, and it will change the currency of all invoices and WHMCS without changing the value.

Does that make sense and do what you want it to do?
    FazeWire Web Services.
    || We have provided great prices and better support since 2006. Located in Seattle, WA!
    || -----------------
    || Shared Hosting - VPS - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Software Licenses

Go to Setup>Curriences and create GBP in there and then make the currency 1.0000 (making it the main currency) and delete any other ones you don't want.

Thanks, that's solved that problem which is great

Next question (sorry): If a customer orders a web hosting package, is there a way for WHMCS to automatically set that up in WHM? I thought I'd found it and entered the details for my server but must've done something wrong because it didn't work when I tested it.

Thanks

Yeah that is possible,

As long as you have your server setup in whmcs as cpanel/whm and you have your username and password or Access Key setup .

All that needs setting up then is your service in whmcs to have the package set with the correct name you set in whm as your package and also select the default server for your package in whmcs.

Once they are set and a customer orders as long as it is set to auto setup when a payment is recieved then it should auto-setup, that how we do it anyway

Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by N1HOST View Post
    Yeah that is possible,

As long as you have your server setup in whmcs as cpanel/whm and you have your username and password or Access Key setup .

All that needs setting up then is your service in whmcs to have the package set with the correct name you set in whm as your package and also select the default server for your package in whmcs.

Once they are set and a customer orders as long as it is set to auto setup when a payment is recieved then it should auto-setup, that how we do it anyway

Daniel
    Thanks for your post. I have done all that but it didnt work. When I was setting it up, I did notice it said for cPanel I need an Access Key rather than Password. Would this make a difference as I just used my root user and password. Where would I find the 'Access Key'?

Thanks again

If you go into whm on the left hand side it should says Remote Access Key

This is used just as a alternative to the password to make it more secure.

Quote Originally Posted by N1HOST View Post
    If you go into whm on the left hand side it should says Remote Access Key

This is used just as a alternative to the password to make it more secure.
    Thanks, I'll have a look. I can tell this is going to take some time

Sorry, but I have another question

How do I set up WHMCS to automatically setup accounts in WHM when a client orders it? I have been looking but can't seem to find it.

When you create a new product, under the Modules tab, there should be a choice of Create Instantly, After Payments, After the Order is Accepted, etc. In order to see this you need to select a control panel your hosting is based on, E.g. cPanel. Also setup a server.
    Ian Lai - www.fyianlai.com
    Web Design & Development
    System Operator & Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by MrSaints View Post
    When you create a new product, under the Modules tab, there should be a choice of Create Instantly, After Payments, After the Order is Accepted, etc. In order to see this you need to select a control panel your hosting is based on, E.g. cPanel. Also setup a server.
    Hi,
    I had done all that. Set up my server (I assume this is set up correctly because the cPanel/WHM Import function worked), and I set the module up to 'cPanel' then entered the package name and clicked 'Automatically setup the product as soon as an order is placed' however, it doesn't set the account up.

Any suggestions would be great.

Did you manually add the order or did you order the product through the cart?
    Web Design & Development

Did you manually add the order or did you order the product through the cart?
    I ordered it through the cart.

You are all suggesting that citycm configures automatic account setup. I always thought this was somewhat dangerous since it leaves you open to server abuse by spammers who get in and get out in a hurry. Would the host not be wiser reviewing the signup first (and doing his own fraud checklist) and then clicking to accept the order?

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by vito View Post
    You are all suggesting that citycm configures automatic account setup. I always thought this was somewhat dangerous since it leaves you open to server abuse by spammers who get in and get out in a hurry. Would the host not be wiser reviewing the signup first (and doing his own fraud checklist) and then clicking to accept the order?

Vito
    Even if I did that, it should be possible to automatically set up the accounts when I accept the order in WHMCS.

I strongly suggest you open a support ticket with WHMCS (on their website). They'll be able to assist you better seeing as there may be many factors affecting the reason to it not automatically setting up. In addition to this, auto setups normally send an e-mail to the administrator too informing the status of the auto setup and if it failed.
    Web Design & Development

Quote Originally Posted by citycm View Post
    Even if I did that, it should be possible to automatically set up the accounts when I accept the order in WHMCS.
    Yes. You can.

I strongly suggest you open a support ticket with WHMCS (on their website). They'll be able to assist you better seeing as there may be many factors affecting the reason to it not automatically setting up. In addition to this, auto setups normally send an e-mail to the administrator too informing the status of the auto setup and if it failed.
    I tried to do that but because my license is a trial license, they won't support me

Quote Originally Posted by citycm View Post
    I tried to do that but because my license is a trial license, they won't support me
    Have you tried posting your questions in their forum? They also have some pretty good documentation.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials