SolusVM Views on Company?

Do you think that SolusVM makes your company look cheap? I have been weighing down my options for the in-production company I work for and I couldn't figure out what to use. Currently, I'm stuck between SolusVM and VDSManager. Price isn't an issue, but I believe that SolusVM is much better for the end user. VDSManager however seems more professional. What would you recommend?

I would recommend solusVM. Its person friendly although every vps you sell you have to buy a new license, so then you have to charge more and your vps could get on the pricey side. Its perhaps best to use a VPS Control panel which allows say 50 vps per license.

Quote Originally Posted by offshorehostingnl View Post
    I would recommend solusVM. Its person friendly although every vps you sell you have to buy a new license, so then you have to charge more and your vps could get on the pricey side. Its perhaps best to use a VPS Control panel which allows say 50 vps per license.
    I think you have mis-read the licensing... you pay per node so you can have as many virtual machines on the node as you like. You only buy another licence when you purchase another server and start putting virtual machines on that.

As for professionalism - I don't quite understand what you mean, Spunkyasp. Are you referring to the look of the panel or something else?
    I personally love it. It's stable, seems secure and the updates are coming thick and fast. The guy who owns it is all over his forums giving advice and taking feedback and the support is great. I had to get some help installing it due to some server-specific issues and he figured it out straight away.

I can't compare to any other panels but I'm more than happy with it.
    AdelaideHost - providing shared and VPS hosting.
    Reliability and professionalism at prices that don't hurt your wallet!

I recommend VDSmanager.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivap View Post
    I recommend VDSmanager.
    Normally when you quote another Option it is best to explain why you would recommend VDSmanager and what you think has to offer that SolusVM dosen't.

,Ashley
    ZXPlay
    Premium Virtual Private Servers | Dedicated Media Streaming Servers
    Dedicated Resources | EU Based
    www.zxplay.co.uk

Do you think that SolusVM makes your company look cheap?
    Not at all. SolusVM is an excellent product, and we have been working closely with the developers since the initial release implementing ideas and bugfixing.

The level of support is excellent, and from what I have seen it also appears to be very secure and stable.

It's still a very young product, but nothing else I have tried compares to it at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Spunkyasp View Post
    Do you think that SolusVM makes your company look cheap? I have been weighing down my options for the in-production company I work for and I couldn't figure out what to use. Currently, I'm stuck between SolusVM and VDSManager. Price isn't an issue, but I believe that SolusVM is much better for the end user. VDSManager however seems more professional. What would you recommend?
    Solusvm as a product seems quite good. However rebranding their website with a $10 template doesnt do their reputation much good!

I liked the old site, more unique.

Quote Originally Posted by wise View Post
    Solusvm as a product seems quite good. However rebranding their website with a $10 template doesnt do their reputation much good!
    I thought the exact same thing about that, Ive been checking out vePortal, there control panel seems to get better on every release, I did see a post on here about a security flaw but after brief questioning they claim this has been completely fixed. There forums also say yet another hugely improved version is right on the horizon now.

I think i'm going with vePortal when they release the next version, the pricing is slightly higher than Solus but it looks a much more professional outfit.

We've been happily using SolusVM and we aren't looking back. Previously we were using VePortal which was riddled with bugs.

Why? If they were in the design industry then yes, rebranding with a template is a reputation killer, but they are not.

They are a company that sells a control panel that manages VPSes. In my opinion the website is fine for what they do. It displays all the details that a prospective client would want.

To the OP, If I was in your shoes I would set up a couple nodes and install the competing software on them and test them for myself, I would also set up a demo account and email a few of your clients and ask them to demo the control panels.

Having real client feedback is more helpful than you would guess.

I have not worked with either of the panels so I am unable to offer any experiences.

All i can say is 'damned if we do, damned if we don't'. It seems that we can't please all of the people all of the time. With the old website we didn't put a feature list on the site as new features were being added all the time - this prompted complaints from people who were unable to navigate to the forum or the wiki. Now there is a full featurelist on the site and plenty of information we're being damned for using a '$10 template'. As has been pointed out, we are not web developers or graphics artists and we wanted a complete site in a hurry. A template is the obvious way to get a site online quickly - probably the reason there are so many template sites out there.

As has already been suggested, try the product - that way you will know for sure if it meets your requirement or not. No website is going to be able to make that decision for you.
    * www.valuevps.co.uk - Quality VPS's at affordable prices, UK and USA
    * Full and part cabinets - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - cPanel Hosting - Windows VPS - DirectAdmin Hosting - Reseller Accounts

I think that if you had simply added the features list to the existing website it would have been ample, instead you have stated you used a $10 template as your designer was working on valuevps.com

I'm not damming Solus - it seems a fine product.

SolusVM is a fantastic product, it's not unprofessional at all. That's like saying OSS software is unprofessional because it's free.
    They have full themeing support coming out soon to so it doesn't even have to look like SolusVM

Thank you for your inputs. After testing SolusVM I realized that it truly is a great product. The only bugs I see are in the WHMCS module but that's bearable.

The script is cheap (about the same as their website) but the code its self appears to work.
    If your selling cheap vps services I suppose it would fit well, but its never going to compare to virtozzo kind of coding and looks...
    All depends who your aiming to sell to...
    - Buying up websites, side-projects and companies - PM Me! -

Who cares if their site cost 1 or 10,000. Their business is software, not web development. It might be a template, but had that link not been posted, it looks professional and it serves a purpose.

Yes SolusVM is cheap, but it's a very good product.

The code "appears to work"? I notice you are using vePortal, which uses sudo for operations vs SolusVM which has a custom core written in C with multiple layers of security. Big difference... I'm not a programmer but a lot of thought has gone into the coding of SolusVM. It's secure, its snappy and it will be fully skinnable shortly.

You cant compare a product like Virtuozzo which has been subject for ongoing development for years and years, to something like SolusVM which has been under development less than 6 months. It also targets a different market, yes SolusVM is intended more the the cost-concious customer.

Personally my opinion on Virtuozzo and other Parallels products still is and always has been, a slow, bloated and overpriced bit of software. The only exception being OpenVZ which is an excellent bit of software. With an open-source setup I have full control and the ability to customize whatever I want. You simply can't get that kind of flexability with commercial software.

Quote Originally Posted by PCS-Chris View Post
    Who cares if their site cost 1 or 10,000. Their business is software, not web development. It might be a template, but had that link not been posted, it looks professional and it serves a purpose.

Yes SolusVM is cheap, but it's a very good product.

The code "appears to work"? I notice you are using vePortal, which uses sudo for operations vs SolusVM which has a custom core written in C with multiple layers of security. Big difference... I'm not a programmer but a lot of thought has gone into the coding of SolusVM. It's secure, its snappy and it will be fully skinnable shortly.

You cant compare a product like Virtuozzo which has been subject for ongoing development for years and years, to something like SolusVM which has been under development less than 6 months. It also targets a different market, yes SolusVM is intended more the the cost-concious customer.

Personally my opinion on Virtuozzo and other Parallels products still is and always has been, a slow, bloated and overpriced bit of software. The only exception being OpenVZ which is an excellent bit of software. With an open-source setup I have full control and the ability to customize whatever I want. You simply can't get that kind of flexability with commercial software.
    Couldn't agree more.

We've been involved with SolusLabs since their initial release and I am impressed with the professionalism of the company and the functionality of the software from day one.

We moved from HyperVM to Forasse initially, which was a complete disaster as the developers got bored and cleared off; leaving us with useless software despite their initial promises and grand ideas.

We then scouted out all possible solutions open to us, at the time that was FluidVM, SolusVM and VEPortal. At the time VEPortal didn't have reloads as a feature, which was what put me off it - otherwise I thought it wasn't bad. FluidVM I didn't like very much and the customer feedback was enough to put me off. SolusVM had everything we needed from day 1 and I liked the 'feel' of it. We moved all nodes over when they released the first public edition following numerous reassurances from Phill at Solus and I am very happy to say that we haven't looked back.

The whole bitching and back biting between SolusVM and VEPortal is nothing more than a competitive relationship, much the same as Apple VS Microsoft and Apple Fans VS Microsoft Fans... Always ends up messy. So take all of it with a pinch of salt, let the software speak for itself and all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by hertzwebsolutions View Post
    Couldn't agree more.

We've been involved with SolusLabs since their initial release and I am impressed with the professionalism of the company and the functionality of the software from day one.

We moved from HyperVM to Forasse initially, which was a complete disaster as the developers got bored and cleared off; leaving us with useless software despite their initial promises and grand ideas.

We then scouted out all possible solutions open to us, at the time that was FluidVM, SolusVM and VEPortal. At the time VEPortal didn't have reloads as a feature, which was what put me off it - otherwise I thought it wasn't bad. FluidVM I didn't like very much and the customer feedback was enough to put me off. SolusVM had everything we needed from day 1 and I liked the 'feel' of it. We moved all nodes over when they released the first public edition following numerous reassurances from Phill at Solus and I am very happy to say that we haven't looked back.

The whole bitching and back biting between SolusVM and VEPortal is nothing more than a competitive relationship, much the same as Apple VS Microsoft and Apple Fans VS Microsoft Fans... Always ends up messy. So take all of it with a pinch of salt, let the software speak for itself and all is well.

I agree with you, but until now i confuse to choice both.
    on vePortal i still afraid about bugs apache

I haven't found many people who care one way or the other which panel you use. Hell, we're using WebVZ now on all of our nodes and not a single client has complained.

Have you taken a trial of SolusVM?
    I have not tried solusvm, Now i try veportal first.

I will compare both after try and will write my review here

Any one tried vcPanel?
    Any thoughts on it?
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

Quote Originally Posted by vinsar View Post
    Any one tried vcPanel?
    Any thoughts on it?
    I like the Veportal user control panel but I like SolusVM price better. On the back end Admin stuff I think Solus is a bit better designed.

So far Veportal has not proven to me, both in their attitude and product, that they deserve the price premium over Solus.

I asked about vcPanel not vePortal.

There are many reviews on vePortal and SolusVM which we can read, but I am interested if some one has used/tested vcpanel?

Quote Originally Posted by vinsar View Post
    I asked about vcPanel not vePortal.

There are many reviews on vePortal and SolusVM which we can read, but I am interested if some one has used/tested vcpanel?
    My bad.

Yet another one to try...sigh.

Looks like they are trying to put VPS limits on their licensing which is kind of a deal breaker for me.

Maybe a new thread for that one?
    Actually I mentioned it here as the only other vcPanel thread is not very informative.

I'm sure I saw them offering to make a custom based CP for companies recently based on vcpanel. They seemed quite confident in their abilities, but to be fair I did not test it out

I tried VDSmanager when moving some vps from hyperVM, for some reason any containers created on hyperVM would get stuck restarting over and over on VDSmanager, after them attempting to solve this problem for several days I gave up and tested solusVM, worked great first time, imported all containers no problems, no running issues yet at all. VDSmanager looks really nice but for me it just would not work.