VPS control panel question

I am basically a network person and run a small virtual ISP in Manchester, UK. I have numerous colocation cabinets full of servers but now want to start selling VPS services. I know the server spec I need but I am unsure of the best control panel for a non-Linux coder....

Basically I want to be able to buy my server; install the software and be able to set up VPS (automatically upon payment?)

I have read quite a bit on forums and via searches etc. but any pointers would be gratefully received by this thick Brit!

I recommend Cpanel.Cpanel is the most user-friendly one.

Many thanks! Mind you after reading all the posts regarding VPS / VDS and etc. I may just stick to dedicated servers rather than virtual!

Hi there,

I think VPS is the way to go as you can easily move your VPS from one server to another without any hardware compat issues. Basically now we virtualize everything as it gives us a lot more control over the running of the service.

Cheers,

Mark

You may want to check out our new VPS Control Panel, Vizzo. It is currently in development and will be released early next year. It integrates with ModernBill to auto-magically create VPS(s) upon checkout.
    boxVPS.com - How big is your box?

web design - web hosting - Seo
    http://www.casitecenter.com

If you need a paid one
    Cpanel is the best i think,if you need a free one
    go for LXAdmin.

I think Virtuozzo has an API which allows you to automatically deploy VPS etc.

HyperVM + LxAdmin, together with WHMCS to handle payment. They are integrated.

Quote Originally Posted by iClaudius View Post
    I know the server spec I need but I am unsure of the best control panel for a non-Linux coder....!
    Which virtualisation technology have you selected?
    Andrew Ogilvie | Xtraordinary Hosting | AS30827 | Member of LINX
    Dedicated Servers in Central London | Xen VPS Linux & Windows | Complex Hosting | London BGP4 Bandwidth

we use Parallel products

and they cater for both window and linux platform and there is modernbill (which they bought this year) or their own control panel for automatic billing as well as deployment.

I personally have stay cleared of windown platform after switching over to linux about 5 years ago. The hardware requirement is a lot lower and security issues are much lower as well.

For setting up a dedicated server, the user who buys from you will need to know what they doing including maintenance etc if it is without a control panel. With the increase cost of co-lo price, this should only be sold to the really hard-core customers as low-cost servers are not going to give you enough ROI.

Therefore, with a very good server, duel-core/quad-core, 8GB ram and 750GB of disk. This can easily setup with 30 VPS on with guarantee resources and only occupy 1U/2U. This will give you much better return in a long run.

If you would like to talk it through more, PM me.
    Managed VPS - JUSTrackz.com

I would recommend Virtuozzo for a complete product (http://www.parallels.com/uk/products/virtuozzo/).

Whatever you do, do not go near HyperVM - just search this forums and look and posts from the past 24 hours (it as always been a terrible product though).

I'm unsure why people are recommending DirectAdmin, cPanel etc when the question seemed so clear.

If you don't mind me asking, where is your rackspace in (presumably) Manchester? We're looking to get some space there if we can next year.

Thanks and good luck.

Mike

Plesk Panel

I will suggest you Cpanel.Cpanel is the best & most user friendly.

Take a look at InterWorx, I have it running on 2 VPSes and everything works great. You can get a free single domain license to try it out. InterWorx is defiantly user friendly, and has an awesome API for integration and such.
    Nothing of interest here.

I think VDSmanager and Virtuozzo are the best VPS management systems.

Cpanel is the best any time

I second Virtuozzo
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." - Sir Winston Churchill

I would say Virtuozzo is the best with the help of WHMCS to help manage the billing part of it.

They integrate together.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrquarter View Post
    I would say Virtuozzo is the best with the help of WHMCS to help manage the billing part of it.

They integrate together.
    Yes, if you develop a custom module they can work together. WHMCS does not currently have a module to make them work together.

We use Virtuozzo as well, and highly recommend it!
    John Lee
    Vodien Internet Solutions Pte Ltd -------------- Latest Intel Servers Now Available!
    Singapore Datacentre ★★ Native English staff ★★ Singapore Web Hosting
    http://www.vodien.com ★★ 24/7 Super Support ★★ Call +6562886264

Virtuozzo (the lesser of evils) is indeed the best way to go (especially if the licensing cost is affordable). As far as integration for billing/provisioning is concerned, been hearing only about WHMCS all the time (but have no experience on that). We've had our own proprietary prov/billing system

I would suggest Virtuozzo for best visualization.
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting | Dedicated Servers
    KeserHosting.Com

take a look at SolusVM for managing VPS container in OpenVZ (Xen, KVM support soon), they are great and integrates well with WHMCS.
    QuickWeb™ -We Host Servers Like a Boss!
    New Zealand - USA - UK - Germany Virtual Servers
    Worldwide hosting provider with proven 24x7 and 25-Minute Support!
    www.quickweb.co.nz