Thread: Video Hosting

Post Video Hosting

Hello,
    I need your help to get Video hosting website or company Like you tube.
    That youtube is banned in my country.

Could you please share your information about Good Video hosting company (Free Or Commercial )

First of all there is no free hosting for video, it is impossible.

Anotehr thing is recommendations isn't you way.
    Better if write here what you are going to do, how much traffic do you expect, waht type movies will be there and etc.)
    I think it is better if you focus on vps firstly, and after that focus to dedicated servers

Quote Originally Posted by aladdin14251 View Post
    Hello,
    I need your help to get Video hosting website or company Like you tube.
    That youtube is banned in my country.

Could you please share your information about Good Video hosting company (Free Or Commercial )
    What exactly are you looking for? A web host to host your video files, or a site to upload them to for public viewing?
    Loop Internet
    AS 394868 - Wilkes-Barre, PA
    █ Fiber Internet and Colocation
    99.999% Uptime SLA - 24/7/365 Support

Question

Most hosts will allow a video (or 2 or 3) in your web site on a regular account with them. The problem would be if you got like one million hits on the video and it was 4 minutes long it would be too big for a shared environment. We have may clients with various videos on their sites to illustrate products or such for their businesses but they don't get thousands of views per month. Only a few views from people looking for that type product or service who decide to watch the video.
    If you wanted to have a site where other people could upload videos like YouTube you would quickly exhaust the space & traffic requirements of a normal host like us (even the ones that offer "unlimited" would shut you down for too much resource use)
    In that case you would need a VPS at the least and probably a dedicated server...that's IF these will be for public viewing and you expect many people to view them and you want to allow other people to upload their videos like YouTube.

You would have to set up a virtual or real server to handle that type traffic and depending on how popular it was you might quickly exhaust those resources. Remember the big sites like YouTube run on hundreds of very powerful servers.

We would have to know what you plan to do with more details to offer advice. It could be anything for some "family fun" videos or such that could be hosted in a shared environment up to needing a fairly powerful server of your own--depends on the type "video site" you want to do.
    New Idea Hosting NO Overselling-Business-Grade, Shared Only! New-In House Design Team.
    High Speed & Uptime; , DIY Pro-Site Builder-Daily Backups-Custom Plans, All Dual Xeon Quad Intel servers w/ ECC DDR3 RAM SCSI RAID minimums.
    We Concentrate on Shared Hosting ...doing one thing and doing it VERY well

Since you mentioned YouTube, if you're looking for a you-tube like service, you can find a list at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...video_services. Hopefully they're not all banned in your country, but you may have to check through each to see.

If you find one that works (and that you like), make sure you check through their terms - I seem to recall reading that some have the condition that they "own" whatever you put up there - to the extent that they're allowed to do whatever they want with it anyway. But check just to see.

Otherwise, the above posts give some good suggestions if you're looking to self-host them, and providing a little information about how many videos you're hosting (and many hits you're expecting) would probably help a lot in the way of people giving you specific recommendations as to what you'll need.

Alternately, if I misunderstood what you said in the beginning (just re-read it and it could be interpreted a couple ways), and you're looking to start up a service *like* YouTube for your country, then you'd probably be looking at a dedicated server at the absolute minimum, probably in (or near) your country if possible, and if it really grew you could expect to be buying multiple servers.
    EyeglassRetailerReviews.com - Save money by buying glasses online!

There are lots of proxies you can likely use to get to those sort of sites...

http://www.proxy.org/
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    There are lots of proxies you can likely use to get to those sort of sites...

http://www.proxy.org/
    you can also try www.pagewash.com

What exactly are you looking for? A web host to host your video files, or a site to upload them to for public viewing?
    try to check hostv.com for video hosting

If you are aiming hosting streaming videos then I thinks you should look for VPS environment. As I think there might be issue on shared server if your site get huge traffics then your account might get suspended due to causing high resources on server by the admin for security purpose without any prior notice.
    SUPPORT FACILITY | 24/7 TECH SUPPORT
    SERVER MANAGEMENT | WEB HOSTING SUPPORT | WP EXPERTS

Many thanks for your all replies. I really appreciate your collaboration..
    I read your all posts and visit the suggested websites...
    Depending on what I saw I prefer to find a website like youtube.

Thank you "jdi_knght" for Wikipedia link, it provide nice information...

Now Could you please provide me with your feedback If you test any FREE Video sharing website...

Why find a website *like* youtube when you can use one that *is* youtube via a proxy?
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    Why find a website *like* youtube when you can use one that *is* youtube via a proxy?
    Thanks for reply.
    You know.. I want to provide these videos to my target visitors in my country. Some users don't like to use proxy... So I'm searching for tested website provide services like youtube.

Thanks again