Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Why is JustHost everywhere?

Hi all

I've heard/read many bad reviews about JustHost. Even couple of my friends had very bad experience with them and i witnessed it. But my question is that Why is it everywhere?

Whenever i search on google "best webhosts", "good webhosts", i always get JustHost between top 5. On the other hand my hosting "Hostgator" many times ranks in 7 to 10 position. I am highly satisfied with my host.

Why is it so? Why JustHost ranks top?

Regards.

Chances are they have a good marketing director and they know how to invest their money wisely.
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

Perhaps a huge advertising budget. You're likely to see JustHost along with many of the other "big boys" ranked as "top 10" web hosts on many hosting toplists or review sites.

Chances are they have a good marketing director and they know how to invest their money wisely.
    Exactly, I was never with, Affiliated, Never signed up for any service or newsletter but somehow managed to get "Just Host" mail trying to sell me webhosting.

If you can call that a Good Marketing Technique then be my guest
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

The same reason you see some of the others mentioned all the time. High affiliate payouts and lots of advertising. Lately I've seen on a lot of forums random people spamming fatcow for example all affiliate link driven. I'm sure if I look around on enough forums I see the same thing with hostgator or justhost or whomever as well.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and Cloud Hosting
    PHP 5.2.x - PHP 8.1.X Support!

Its true, i see justhost everywhere and almost bought from them once but luckily i did read all the bad reviews.

My rule of thumb is, IF it looks to good to be true, then it probably is.

Having said that i haven't seen them on WHT?

Well for starters, a lot of those top 10 sites, JustHost may pay thousands to get to that number 1 spot or the webmaster of that site earns a big commission for very sale made. Those Review sites are not always the best. Stick to the forums for real reviews.

There have been plenty of review of JustHost here, do a search and I'm sure they'll make entertaining reading.

Just Host Banned From Google ?

Is justhost banned from google ? See screenshot in attachment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails justhost banned from google.PNG  

HAHA i think they are. Well the google adwords will cost them loads if everyone that searched justhost clicked it. Sucks for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Saber S View Post
    Is justhost banned from google ? See screenshot in attachment.

I don't think so. It might be that the term is very general even if they own justhost.com it's tough to beat out other popular sites. They're still listed if you do a search justhost.com they show up.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and Cloud Hosting
    PHP 5.2.x - PHP 8.1.X Support!

Unfortunately while they are terrible at providing hosting, they do a good job on SEO with their potentially large collection of review/affiliate sites and link building. Their massive advertising appears to be working very well for them, enough to negate any bad press.

JustHost has one of the highest paying affiliate programs. <- Theres your answer.
    PRESSD - Dynamic WordPress Hosting v2 is in BETA status, set to launch 1st q 2019.
    PRESSD is an OKTANE.COMPANY

yes, affiliate programs may be good reasons. Whatever the case be, they surely attract alots of newbei with their deals and high advertisement.

Quote Originally Posted by ATH-Sean View Post
    Exactly, I was never with, Affiliated, Never signed up for any service or newsletter but somehow managed to get "Just Host" mail trying to sell me webhosting.

If you can call that a Good Marketing Technique then be my guest
    I've never obtained e-mails from them so that's news to me. Perhaps you need to contact them requesting to be removed. I meant good advertising like Google Adwords, purchasing advertising and things of that nature.
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

Quote Originally Posted by dandy12 View Post
    Hi all

I've heard/read many bad reviews about JustHost. Even couple of my friends had very bad experience with them and i witnessed it. But my question is that Why is it everywhere?

Whenever i search on google "best webhosts", "good webhosts", i always get JustHost between top 5. On the other hand my hosting "Hostgator" many times ranks in 7 to 10 position. I am highly satisfied with my host.

Why is it so? Why JustHost ranks top?

Regards.
    One reason that comes to mind is cause of threads like these ?
    12+ years -same website , new server [SSD Inside] providing shared/reseller hosting only !
    These things we do not provide/offer : Unlimited Storage ! Unlimited Bandwidth ! But Why? Cause, we were unable to put such a large number on our pages, it just would not fit.
    So check out the numbers that actually fit >> << the page as well as your budget too !

I've never obtained e-mails from them so that's news to me. Perhaps you need to contact them requesting to be removed. I meant good advertising like Google Adwords, purchasing advertising and things of that nature.
    It is either that, Or, It was Spammers targeting users on WHT and sending them mail...
    You would be suprised how people would spam you
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

Lately I've seen on a lot of forums random people spamming fatcow for example all affiliate link driven. I'm sure if I look around on enough forums I see the same thing with hostgator or justhost or whomever as well.
    JustHost has one of the highest paying affiliate programs. <- Theres your answer.
    The high paying affiliate program is certainly a very important part. That's not everything though. The second part is that these hosts are cheaper than most. That makes it them easier to sell, and they have coupons (once you try to leave the shopping cart) that will take even more off the price. All in all, they're much likely to close the sale than most of their direct competitors, and affiliates sense that like sharks do blood.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    The high paying affiliate program is certainly a very important part. That's not everything though. The second part is that these hosts are cheaper than most. That makes it them easier to sell, and they have coupons (once you try to leave the shopping cart) that will take even more off the price. All in all, they're much likely to close the sale than most of their direct competitors, and affiliates sense that like sharks do blood.

Yeah, and everyone loves getting the world for Sub $5 monthly Now if Only 100mbps and 10x1000gb Drives were $5 too.
    PRESSD - Dynamic WordPress Hosting v2 is in BETA status, set to launch 1st q 2019.
    PRESSD is an OKTANE.COMPANY

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    I don't think so. It might be that the term is very general even if they own justhost.com it's tough to beat out other popular sites. They're still listed if you do a search justhost.com they show up.
    They've definitely got a major penaltly. Not banned, but it's a major penalty. If you search for:

Web Hosting : Professional Web Hosting from Just Host

or even:

"Web Hosting : Professional Web Hosting from Just Host"

You won't get justhost.com come up, even though that's their <title> All things considered it's basically impossible that they haven't got a massive penalty.

Of course, searching for "justhost.com" and "site:justhost.com" works though, meaning that they aren't banned, merely they've have a massive penalty.

This suggests (since these sorts of penalties really aren't too common) that they've done something pretty spammy to try and 'cheat' Google and get towards the top of the SERPs. I'm quite into SEO and this sort of thing definitely isn't common, especially such a strong penalty against such an established site.

It's easy to do a bit more digging to provide further evidence that they've got a massive Google penalty, although it should be pretty clear from a couple of minutes of searching
    Last edited by Tristan Perry; 10-26-2009 at 10:40 AM.
    Plagiarism Guard - Protect Against Content Theft
    Tristan Perry - Personal blog

more affiliate payout = more ranking in "top 10" listings everywhere

Not only big budgets can make you everywhere on web.

I think first think is good marketing strategy (as somebody mentioned)
    Perfect service (without it any budget or strategies won't help)
    Bad reviews isn't big thing, peoples talking even when they don't understand what are they saying

Offer the world for pennies and pay your affiliates outrageous amounts of money per referral and you're bound to get listed everywhere. I just hope that you can handle the payouts while you wait a couple of years to recoup the costs from your new customers.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

The listings on Google have to do with SEO (Search Engine Optimization). They can do this by taking one IP from every C block they purchase for the purpose of SEO. This doesn't necessarily mean that they "deserve" the top spot on Google, but they can "force" it with SEO. I want to point out that I don't know if they are in fact using SEO to raise their Google ranking and I am not pointing fingers, simply stating that it is possible.

This type of behavior has brought about many debates on the ethical use of SEO as you can sort of inflate your ranking without earning it. I won't get into ethics, just know that it can be done and it is done all the time.

DavidJames: They're using SEO (of course) but the key here is that if you look closely, they don't have the top normal result (or any result immediately apparent), just a sponsored link. Search, say, "hewlett-packard" and you'll see two results, a sponsored one up top and a normal one right below it.
    Last edited by klisja; 10-26-2009 at 02:37 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast