Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1

    Need Advice Reseller

    Hi i plan to start reselling soon. I am new to the hosting bussines but i have the teck experience. what should my montly budget price be. any info would help. this will be my first tiem reselling
      0 Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    19,185
    Hello,
    Your monthly budget is more of a personal prefrence then a written in stone number. Here is what mine what wehn I started.

    Month 1 : Getting Started
    $200(ish) for forming the business
    $10-50 for your domain and customers domains.
    $19.99 for a Reseller Account
    $50.00 for first design (I am not a web dsigner)
    $15.00 for WHMCS
    -------------
    $330.00

    Month 2:
    $19.99 for Reseller Account
    $15.00 for WHMCS
    -------------
    $35.00

    Just 1 Tip : DO NOT go with Unlimited plans These are normally scams.
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Geek Survival Guide - Reviews and Advice for Geeks
      0 Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by KDisk View Post
    Hello,

    Just 1 Tip : DO NOT go with Unlimited plans These are normally scams.

    yes u are right i know that for sure
      0 Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    2,570
    Perhaps a small start-up reseller plan should be sufficient if you're just starting off and then just upgrade as you gain more customers or need more resources (disk space, bandwidth, etc.).
      0 Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Internet Tech
    Posts
    17
    well, i cant say how much you need to start, some reseller provider offer completed reseller solution, full automatic , full software include ready website reseller..and this not so expensive only $25-50/month, great support, uptime and reliable server..
      0 Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    8,872
    Quote Originally Posted by KDisk View Post
    Hello,
    Your monthly budget is more of a personal prefrence then a written in stone number. Here is what mine what wehn I started.

    Month 1 : Getting Started
    $200(ish) for forming the business
    $10-50 for your domain and customers domains.
    $19.99 for a Reseller Account
    $50.00 for first design (I am not a web dsigner)
    $15.00 for WHMCS
    -------------
    $330.00

    Month 2:
    $19.99 for Reseller Account
    $15.00 for WHMCS
    -------------
    $35.00

    Just 1 Tip : DO NOT go with Unlimited plans These are normally scams.


    This is a great list to start off with but also remember that some resellers offer free billing systems along with other perks.
    Currently hosting with Big Brain Global Networks
      0 Not allowed!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    19,185
    Quote Originally Posted by MichelleH View Post
    This is a great list to start off with but also remember that some resellers offer free billing systems along with other perks.
    Hello,
    You are correct, however my first reseller did not (Aside from the ones in Fantastico). I now have an owned WHMCS License (Which is worth it if you plan to stay in hosting for a long time)

    Of course I am now paying over $600 per month, but....
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Geek Survival Guide - Reviews and Advice for Geeks
      0 Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    367
    Well one question you should ask is how much you are willing to invest into your company? What are you looking to sell?
      0 Not allowed!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by SenatorS View Post
    Hi i plan to start reselling soon. I am new to the hosting bussines but i have the teck experience. what should my montly budget price be. any info would help. this will be my first tiem reselling
    Hi SenatorS,

    Welcome to WHT Forum and I hope you find it useful for your company.

    Does your government offer support, such as a start up loan/grant?
      0 Not allowed!

  10. #10
    You said about $50 for a Website Budget

    I have found a really nice (U.S) design who has pre-designed hosting sites.

    He is a really good free lance and for $49/one off it’s a bargain.

    http://www.paytondesigns.com/templates.html
      0 Not allowed!

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by KDisk View Post
    Just 1 Tip : DO NOT go with Unlimited plans These are normally scams.[/INDENT]
    Not really scams as much as overselling. But it depends where you plan on starting. Id say its more important off the start to put as much money into advertising as you can. Server size can be small to begin due to the fact that you will find yourself atfirst strugling to find customers.

    The biggest tip that i can give to someone about hosting is DONT GIVE UP!!!!!. At first it's going to be really slow. But as soon as you get a few customers it should start to pick up a bit. GOOD LUCK
      0 Not allowed!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    33
    if you mean reseller plan, you only need $27.5 until $60.5/month
      0 Not allowed!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Posts
    1,473
    Quote Originally Posted by SenatorS View Post
    yes u are right i know that for sure
    HostGator, GoDaddy and other major hosts sell unlimited plans and they do not appear to be a scam.... You do have to watch for those 1 month old hosts that sell $2/month unlimited plans or lifetime plans as those are to be sure to dissapear.
    JixHost | U.S.A. based hosting & support for 8+ years. | Powerful, reliable network.
    JixHost.com | Instant Activation | Trusted by over 115,000 clients served globally.
    █ Cloud VPS | Alpha Reseller | Master Reseller | Reseller | BBB Rated "A+".
    █ 24/7/365 Help desk support | Recurring Affiliate Program available.
      0 Not allowed!

  14. #14
    Try to buy VPS and manage buy your self mate.
      0 Not allowed!

  15. #15
    VPS is the way to go, am just making steps to get it
      0 Not allowed!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by fastnetspace View Post
    well, i cant say how much you need to start, some reseller provider offer completed reseller solution, full automatic , full software include ready website reseller..and this not so expensive only $25-50/month, great support, uptime and reliable server..
    Thatís true, a lot of reseller has not expensive price and some of them have a good package offer too.
      0 Not allowed!

  17. why not just get a dedicated server and partition it off?
      0 Not allowed!

  18. #18
      0 Not allowed!

  19. #19
    If you are just starting, get a provider that will give tech support for you and your customers. It will be worth the price.
      0 Not allowed!

  20. I always used to think VPS was the way to go until i got a dedi, you have full control over CPU usage this means that your can do more! I for one had a few scripts that chowed memory to a point where my server crashed (VPS) dedi i can control these better. Cloud computing is a hybrid between the two you might want to investigate. its scalable which means you can upgrade it redily
      0 Not allowed!

Similar Threads

  1. Advice on reseller
    By clov78 in forum Reseller Hosting
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-26-2007, 01:00 PM
  2. reseller advice?
    By yoopergal in forum Reseller Hosting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-19-2004, 05:22 PM
  3. Reseller Advice...
    By NCGNow in forum Reseller Hosting
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-13-2004, 03:23 AM
  4. Need some Reseller Advice...
    By Mekhu in forum Reseller Hosting
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-06-2002, 05:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •