Which host for Joomla! website + vBulletin forum ?

Hello,

I'm promting a new Joomla! website and a new vBulletin forum. The website serves to news articles, some statistics (related to a football club) and also a small photo and video gallery. The forum would have an average of 40-50 online users.

I'm considering to choose the baby package offered by Host Gator. Would that be a good choice?

Thanks in advance.

Look up the reviews on HostGator. Keep in mind to have enough flexibility to switch plans or buy additional resources when your requirements change. Good luck.

mostly dont go with a site that has unlimted space and bandwith

check the offer section you will find good host
    HostNotch Hosting Services 99.9% uptime Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting
    yajur | Sales Team
    CPanel Hosting R1 Soft Offsite-Backup Great Uptime
    http://hostnotch.com sales @ hostnotch.com

Quote Originally Posted by Il_Fenomeno View Post
    Hello,

I'm promting a new Joomla! website and a new vBulletin forum. The website serves to news articles, some statistics (related to a football club) and also a small photo and video gallery. The forum would have an average of 40-50 online users.

I'm considering to choose the baby package offered by Host Gator. Would that be a good choice?

Thanks in advance.
    What sort of requirements are you looking for? (space, bandwidth, etc).

IMHO, is not a good idea to go with an unlimited space/bandwidth in general, but less good is to go when you run a site using many resources like what could be a forum + Joomla (alone already does use lots of RAM/CPU)
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

HostGator should suit a small forum just fine, go for it, they are fairly reliable solid and cheap. Oh and they've been in the hosting game for many years. Granted I don't agree with the premise of 'unlimited' but as long as you understand that there is no such thing as unlimited when going into it you should be fine.

If you really want to take the Unlimited Route, Hostgator should be "Perfect" ...
    If your sites are not going to be excessive on usage such as Ram and CPU then you should not have too much worries even if they offer "Unlimited" as part of their packages, As much as I am offended by the concept of "Unlimited" in your case their are exceptions
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

I suppose to get started with the commonplace web applications like yours would not be a problem with any shared linux web host

For the small web sites that would be ok to start with the smallest web hosting service account so I assume you are ok and you are on the right way
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization

It is always good to discuss your usage with the host first, and see what they advise. Give them as many details as you can about your software and usage levels.
    Last edited by ldcdc; 10-26-2009 at 11:17 AM.

If you don't have experience with Joomla, choose hosting provider who offers simple instalation (with few clicks or similar). You can choose unlimtied bandwidth, just read reviews.
    Make your to 3 hosting providers and ask here one more time for opinions