Ping Monitoring/Reboot Service?

Hello,

I am looking for a ping monitoring service which can email my DC to have the server rebooted when it becomes unresponsive.

Can someone point me in the direction of one?

Thanks.

Any monitoring service should work, and just add your datacenter's e-mail as one of the contacts, but be sure to ask them before you do this, so they can arrange it, as I'm sure this is doable.
    478east
    High Bandwidth Servers
    Custom Hosting Solutions

Hyperspin is good, you can add notes to notifications which can include stuff like your customer number, rack/server ID.
    Ekin Ersoy
    Stagnom Servers | Europe Dedicated Servers with Redefined Support
    Follow us on Twitter: @StagnomUK | Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/Stagnom

Pingdom gets my vote butu Hyperspin is also good.

Quote Originally Posted by XFactorServers View Post
    I used Pingdom for a short period of time last year. I thought it was pretty decent.

Quote Originally Posted by XFactorServers View Post
    We use Pingdom and love it, definitely reccomended

Ethan has been in the biz a long time and created an affordable solution for this over at:

http://platinumservermanagement.com/
    Jerald @ Acenet
    www.ace-host.net
    Web Hosting, Reseller Plans, Virtual Servers & Dedicated Servers.

Shouldn't all those hosts that say they self monitor 24x7 already be busy rebooting?

Yes, I think your host should be able to at least do simple PING monitoring and reboot when it goes down.
    Anything above that needs more interaction than a simple reboot anyways.

I prefer human intervention over just braindead rebooting to be honest as most of the times a short outage tends to be just a network glitch or maybe just an admin making a mistake on the firewall (that never happens!)

Of course if your NOC will log in and do simple checks for you, they will certainly be able to handle an automated email from monitoring on your behalf.
    Most systems will automatically open a ticket on email

Pingdom will be fine. Besides it hypersin is another good name.
    SUPPORT FACILITY | 24/7 TECH SUPPORT
    SERVER MANAGEMENT | WEB HOSTING SUPPORT | WP EXPERTS

Pingdom is definitely a good solution - however - monitoring just Ping is not sufficient. Heck, monitoring Ping/HTTP alone like PSM does is insufficient.

There are many other factors that can cause your websites to not appear - DNS issues, Server Load, and so on.

If this is a mission-critical website you're definitely going to want to monitor most, if not all, major services on your server, not just Ping/HTTP.
    Big things coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by Nick H View Post
    Pingdom is definitely a good solution - however - monitoring just Ping is not sufficient. Heck, monitoring Ping/HTTP alone like PSM does is insufficient.
    You have signed up with our service many times over the last few years, as recently as about 2 months ago, so I don't know why you are saying it's insufficient.

The OP is looking for PING monitoring service, and are asking for suggestions who to go with. Nobody asked who they should not go with, and nobody asked for comments on us.

The OP simply wants a monitoring service to PING their server and send a reboot request if it's down, and that is just about the most basic request for any monitoring service. Any monitoring service should be able to do this.
    PlatinumServerManagement (also known as PSM)
    The OLDEST and LARGEST and MOST TRUSTED server management provider in the USA, with 15+ employees and growing!
    Providing quality support for OVER 21 years! Currently supporting over 3,000+ servers monthly!

www.PlatinumServerManagement.com Proud member of the NJ BBB & Chamber of Commerce & Authorized cPanel Partner.