Getting tired of Vietnam and fraud

Hi Guys

Every morning when I go in to the office I see two fraud orders from Vietnam.

I have now blocked two net ranges they seem to be using but they are now using companies like WHOLESALEINTERNET and Register.com to proxy in to our network and order.

deny from 123.17.187.
    deny from 123.28.

We use UberSmith DE any ideas what I should be doing to filter these things out?

Thanks in advance.

Internet users that come from Vietnam are on dynamic IPs or some cases via some national proxies 203.162.* addresses. Please remember that fraud orders can be done from anywhere around the world, not just from Vietnam; and that there are many vietnamese users that can be trusted. So the solution of locking IPs is not exact. Are those fraud orders via PayPal or CC?
    vpsoffers.com - a modest place for vps offers by sim so dep

Always Credit Card because they seem to be using cards located in USA/Canada and IP's from VN/proxies/dedicated servers.

I implemented minfraud premim from MaxMind which helps me visualize the problem so I dont make the mistake of processing an account that is fraud.

Absolutely, I get many fraud orders from Vietnam. But i got many trustworthy and good clients from this country but still 90% orders are fraud. Always use a verification method to protect your company from fraud orders.

We have lots of legitimate customers from Vietnam, so blocking the whole country is likely going to cost you some lost sales. (Assuming you are marketing globally?)

The solution is to set up your billing system so that any order where the billing address does not match the IP address is put into a "manual verification" queue.

Then call the phone number for the customer and ask them to confirm the order...
    Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

Quote Originally Posted by chriscm View Post
    Hi Guys

Every morning when I go in to the office I see two fraud orders from Vietnam.

I have now blocked two net ranges they seem to be using but they are now using companies like WHOLESALEINTERNET and Register.com to proxy in to our network and order.

deny from 123.17.187.
    deny from 123.28.

We use UberSmith DE any ideas what I should be doing to filter these things out?

Thanks in advance.
    Chalk it up as cost of doing business.
    All My Data From small shared web hosting accounts to powerful dedicated servers.
    Now offering Affordable UNIX shells and IRCd hosting!

i am blocking many countries just because they dont have a market in which my hosting company will succeed.

your market is Europe, canada, usa, india, china.

thats it the rest does not matter.

I believe the best option to simply block the countries from which you are receiving a high number of fraudulent orders - when we started experiencing this, we simply update CSF to block entire country blocks, and using MaxMind Fraud screening, we've reduced the fraudulent orders to nill!

We cant get rid of frauds anyway.But try to earn something when there is a fraud happens.Maybe be careful the next order with similar info come from the same location,check the order IP and their login IP if you are using WHMCS.That is useful.In one word,do confirm something cant be a wrong thing.
    Regards.
    HostEase Hosting - Professional Web Hosting
    SoftLayer Datacenter and 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    24/7/365 Technical Support
    Support Center|Call us at (302)-353-4678.

Use MaxMind Fraud screening, it will help you a lot

Fraud is a major problem for most hosts. We got a client from Japan last 3 months ago and boy o boy did we ever screen that order. When I say that I do not mean it in a bad way. What I mean is that you have to be extra careful with orders outside of your home country because of the likely hood of they using your services and not paying and I am surely not going to run after an international customer for a couple of bucks. I am happy to say that our Japanese client has now turned into a Japanese friend
    If you're the smartest person in the room then you're in the wrong room

Yeah, looking at the ubersmith website I'm not sure if they integrate with 3rd party fraud checking services, I know the Maxmind one (the one that calls customers to verify as well as fraud checking) is very good - Maybe you could see if a modules available for ubersmith or see if you can get one coded?

What peeves me off the most is that one paypal order i get a week that charges back withing hours of me confirming the users existence and its fraud. bah!
    Anthony H. Webmaster of 3Dx Hosting
    Hosting: 3dxhosting.com & My Design Blog: Anthony Hays.com
    We provide low cost standard & custom shared hosting solutions.