Need a Datacenter in USA

I'm currently hiring a colocation in Europe. They have very good bandwidth prices. But one problem I'm seeing, is that their power are a bit more expensive than USA providers.

Can anyone indicate a Datacenter (colocation) in USA that could provide cheap Mbit pricing for an initial comitment no bigger than 100mbps? No matter what city/state, can be anywhere. We would need 1/2 rack initially.

We just need it to offer remote hands services, when needed.

Sorry if it's the wrong place in this forum for this message, I don't know where to start.

Thanks

What do you pay per megabit? what is your commitment? what do you pay for power?

Please keep in mind, that Europe has 230 volts and USA 110 volts. So for every 1 Amp of EU power you need a little more then 2 amps of USA power.
    Swiftway.net Your Business deserves our Quality - Experts on Hand since 2005. Europe & US locations, we operate our own network AS35017 Support response time <15 minutes 24/7
    Introducing our new Entry level server line ! Support response time <15 minutes 24/7. Technology Fast 50 & Fast 500 award winning for multiple years, Your Business deserves Swiftway Quality.

Sure. But what I have noticed, is that power in the USA costs less than in Europe. In the other hand, Mbit pricing may be lower in Europe.

What per Megabit are you looking for?
    EasyDCIM.com - DataCenter Infrastructure Management - HELLO DEDICATED SERVER & COLO PROVIDERS! - Reach Me: chris@easydcim.com
    Bandwidth Billing | Inventory & Asset Management | Server Control
    Order Forms | Reboots | IPMI Control | IP Management | Reverse&Forward DNS | Rack Management

what pricing are you looking for and how much power ?

I would need a 1/2 rack or a full rack, with initially 20A circuit, and 50Mbps of link.

What is the price that you are looking for on this project?
    James Lumby

8. CAN U EXPLAIN MORE ON THAT ?

Well.. The price should be as low as possible, I'm preferring a well known company with at least 5 years in the market..

I have offers up to US$ 700 mo.

The great point is that I don't have preference for a location, as I'm from out of the USA. Any US State is OK.

We are hiring a Datacenter in Europe, and we're willing to hire one more in the US.

$700 for a full cabinet w/20A and including 50Mbps seems pretty low...
    EasyDCIM.com - DataCenter Infrastructure Management - HELLO DEDICATED SERVER & COLO PROVIDERS! - Reach Me: chris@easydcim.com
    Bandwidth Billing | Inventory & Asset Management | Server Control
    Order Forms | Reboots | IPMI Control | IP Management | Reverse&Forward DNS | Rack Management

Quote Originally Posted by CGotzmann View Post
    $700 for a full cabinet w/20A and including 50Mbps seems pretty low...
    I would have to agree. Unless it is pure Cogent or HE.
    James Lumby

$700 for 20a and 50 megs is going to be a budget facility nothing more.

Most companies wont touch that pricing i know i wont

Quote Originally Posted by lordcage View Post
    Well.. The price should be as low as possible, I'm preferring a well known company with at least 5 years in the market..

I have offers up to US$ 700 mo.

The great point is that I don't have preference for a location, as I'm from out of the USA. Any US State is OK.

We are hiring a Datacenter in Europe, and we're willing to hire one more in the US.

Sorry, such pricing was for a 1/2 cabinet not a full one. One of the offers I seen was from Pacificrack.

Quote Originally Posted by lumbyjj View Post
    I would have to agree. Unless it is pure Cogent or HE.
    Probably HE only or something like that.

With $700 for 50 Mb/s (dedicated) and 20 AMP/110V circuit with Tier1 providers and multihoming there is no profit at all.

May be single homed or Tier 2 providers DCs will be able to offer this price - but you'll get what you are paying for.

If you have customers in Europe - you may want to ask if DC has a good connectivity to Europe.
    Professional Streaming services - http://www.tulix.com - info at tulix.com
    Double optimized - AS36820) network, best for live streaming/VoIP/gaming
    The best quality network - AS7219

Quote Originally Posted by tulix View Post
    Probably HE only or something like that.

With $700 for 50 Mb/s (dedicated) and 20 AMP/110V circuit with Tier1 providers and multihoming there is no profit at all.

May be single homed or Tier 2 providers DCs will be able to offer this price - but you'll get what you are paying for.

If you have customers in Europe - you may want to ask if DC has a good connectivity to Europe.
    Tulix, what are you thinking would be a better price for this? I have seen 1/2 cabinets, (1) 20a 120v drop and 50mbps in the $900 to $1,000 range.
    NationalNet
    Hosting. Handled.

Managed Hosting | Dedicated Hosting | Atlanta Colocation
    sales@nationalnet.com
    | 888-4-NATNET | www.nationalnet.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hesser View Post
    Tulix, what are you thinking would be a better price for this? I have seen 1/2 cabinets, (1) 20a 120v drop and 50mbps in the $900 to $1,000 range.
    I would agree with you - again this is a price for quality services, OP can always find budget/low quality hosting for lower price.
    Professional Streaming services - http://www.tulix.com - info at tulix.com
    Double optimized - AS36820) network, best for live streaming/VoIP/gaming
    The best quality network - AS7219