Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Priceless

Priceless

american flag and gasoline
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pricelessflagburner.jpg  

haha saw that along time ago...
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

i was about to say.. how dare you post a pic of a burnin flag... then i read it and it was funny

Ha. Funny. Never seen it before.

And why not?

Its just a flag imho...

Originally posted by squirrel
    i was about to say.. how dare you post a pic of a burnin flag... then i read it and it was funny

best "priceless" picture yet.
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

Originally posted by edude
    And why not?

Its just a flag imho...

Just a flag? where you from?
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

Australia..

yes its just a flag, a piece of material, big deal..

Australia..

yes its just a flag, a piece of material, big deal..
    well in american (assuming you don;'t know this) people have died for that flag...so no its not "just a flag"...
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

No, people never die for "flags", always another motive behind it, political issues and especially money.

LMAO just shows your ignorance its called a symbal o' smart one...
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

Ok, go ahead die for your flag, a piece of material..

Enjoy.

PS: Maybe it shows your "ignorance", because someone has a different view, it doesnt mean they are "ignorant"..

No, people never die for "flags", always another motive behind it, political issues and especially money.

like I aid shows your ignorance...if we didn't have that flag you and most of the rest of the world would be speaking german right now.
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

Right, the Flag beat the germans...

Wow, this flag must have magical powers

arg you have a dense head if you have one at all...you know what i mean.
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

No, your just gullible..

No, your just gullible..
    puchie suka
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

Originally posted by interactive
    like I aid shows your ignorance...if we didn't have that flag you and most of the rest of the world would be speaking german right now.
    What is wrong with german ?

I touched a few flags and they always seemed like material to me. Unfortunately I never had chance to touch American flag. It might be different case with it. Even if it is I do not believe that there are many people who will willingly die for it. As a prof you might wanna ask around. Majority of people who "died for a flag" had no choice, were uninformed or simply mistaken.

Sasha i 100% agree with you, great comments there

Originally posted by sasha

I touched a few flags and they always seemed like material to me. Unfortunately I never had chance to touch American flag. It might be different case with it. Even if it is I do not believe that there are many people who will willingly die for it. As a prof you might wanna ask around. Majority of people who "died for a flag" had no choice, were uninformed or simply mistaken.

nah its just liberals thee days who dont want to protect thier freedom...
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

Ok, go ahead die for your flag, a piece of material..
    My guess is you haven't served in any armed forces. I don't know if Australia is any different, but in America, the flag is a symbol. Burning it has a large significance.

Why do you think anti-Americans burn the American flag and display it upside down? Why not just burn a t-shirt and hold a tea-cup upside down? The t-shirt and tea-cup don't mean anything -- the flag does.

Ignorance was the correct word; however, don't mistake it for stupidity.

They burn the flag to get your attention, but really you shouldn't be giving it to them..

Its a piece of material, nothing else...

When it comes down to the facts, none of you would really give your lives for that piece of material, unless forced to.

Originally posted by allera

My guess is you haven't served in any armed forces. I don't know if Australia is any different, but in America, the flag is a symbol. Burning it has a large significance.

Why do you think anti-Americans burn the American flag and display it upside down? Why not just burn a t-shirt and hold a tea-cup upside down? The t-shirt and tea-cup don't mean anything -- the flag does.

Ignorance was the correct word; however, don't mistake it for stupidity.

lol thanks for the "agreeance"
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

Even if it is I do not believe that there are many people who will willingly die for it. As a prof you might wanna ask around. Majority of people who "died for a flag" had no choice, were uninformed or simply mistaken.
    Have you ever seen the movie "The Patriot?" If not, watch the last 1/4 of it and then re-state your statement.

Life isn't based on movies, but movies are often based on life.

If a flag does not stand for a country, why do countries have flags?

Yes i've seen the patriot..

In that case, if it wasn't for the French you'd all be poms..

mr interactive

french didn't help that much movie is inacurate...
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

For anyone still confused as to what the meaning of a flag really is:

flag
    n.
    A piece of cloth, usually rectangular, of distinctive color and design, used as a symbol, standard, signal, or emblem.
    http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=flag

The physical attributes of a flag bears no meaning other than distinction from other flags; it's the purpose of the flag that is significant -- and is what many, many people have died for.

I didn't think I'd have to actually pull out this definition...

Never saw the movie, but saw couple "real world" wars. I saw flag being used as bandage, bondage, blanket, bad, toilet paper and more.

Hmm, maybe I did misjudged the true value of the flag.

sasha...what country you from?
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

Again you are too "proud" of your flag to admit it wouldn't be the flag it is now nor the country if it wasn't for the French, ofcourse history classes in your country do not give credit to the French, they would like to think the "americans" liberated themselves, i suggest you read some "non biased" history books, or maybe i can fish some up for you..

But later, i'm off for now.

Again you are too "proud" of your flag to admit it wouldn't be the flag it is now nor the country if it wasn't for the French, ofcourse history classes in your country do not give credit to the French, they would like to think the "americans" liberated themselves, i suggest you read some "non biased" history books, or maybe i can fish some up for you..

But later, i'm off for now.
    kinda funny how i dont goto public school so i wouldn't be reading your "biased history books". my brother has a 4 year degree in polical science....I pick alot up from him
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

Right.

Polical science, whatever that is.

kinda funny how i dont goto public school so i wouldn't be reading your "biased history books". my brother has a 4 year degree in polical science....I pick alot up from him

Right.

Polical science, whatever that is.

they dont have political science in aussy land?
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

What does this have to do with the price of tea in china?

And for your information, our history classes DO give credit to the French and any other country that aided us or allied with us in any situation.

I suggest you understand what you are talking about before you make accusations you cannot back up.

Obviously you're the ignorant one.

Only ignorant people like you would never even be aware of the fact that countires other than the U.S were involved in WWII.

The U.S did not "save" the world from the Nazi's...

And why not?

Its just a flag imho...
    That shows your complete and total ignorance. It's fine with me that you don't agree with anything the US does. It's fine with me if you hate Americans. What am I going to do about it? But when you go off and insult someone for their views on the flag, that's another thing "dude." It may just be a piece of material to you, but some people are proud of that piece of material. Their brothers, fathers, husbands, have fought and died for that piece of material that you like to call it.

hmmm... I could've sworn how in my History book it said the french aided americans in the revolutionary and many others. I could've sworn how it said England has also aided American's many times also. So until you read our history don't say a thing, because you don't know about them.

The US didn't save the world from Hitler and his Nazi's however they sure helped. A bunch of good 'ole boys in England held of the Nazi's for a long period of time before America finally came in and helped out.

edude,

It is clear from your previous threads that you have some issues with the United States. Lets just review a few things...

1. You used to own ValuableHost.com. You talk about our messed up morals and values, yet you had no problem vacationing for a week when your servers were down. You had no problem providing absolutely horrible support. Your business ethics were horrendous, and your thought process differed greatly from rationality, yet you stand alone, willing to take a shot at the US whenever possible.

2. The flag has little material value, just as the Mona Lisa, the Hope Diamond, and many other goods. They have value because of the beliefs attached to them. If you are unable to grasp that concept as a political science major in college im even more worried. As a History major with a minor in Political Science, one quickly learns the political, emotional, and other sentiments attached to material objects.

3. Your inability to get past the black and white, right and wrong, stage of life scares me. Psychologically you should have started to see deeper meaning at age 7, and by 14 it should have been fully developed. You're a bit behind my friend.

You were able to change your nick from HostEXP to edude, but sadly you havent changed a bit.

I thought burning a flag was the dignified way of putting it to rest when it's done its time and being replaced by a new one on one's frontyard pole?

Which of course is very unlike burning it upside down in the street.

Edude: take it easy, you can have your point of view understood without provoking people.

Interactive: Americans were indeed the key player in the defeat of the nazis. However, I can't help but giggle when I read "if we didn't have that flag". How exactly were you personnally part of this?
    One thing that saddens me most in America is how ill-treated war Veterans are. Don't you, on top of that, pretend to be their speaker. I have talked to some veterans who are way more open-minded than you are.
    http://www.voilaweb.com - the Social Internet Toolbox.

*Yawns* In my opinion the flag is a symbol, although one myself don't really care about but will respect which is what you can do at least edude you may not like something but you should respect it .

Now with that said to me the flag is a mere piece of material nothing more nothing less, to others it symbolizes people who have died for America.

The U.S. I will admit is a key player in the whole ordeal of WWII. My grandfather, grandmother both served in WWII. Without the U.S. the Germans most likeley would have won that war, as they were allied with Japan when perl harbor went down the U.S. nuked them twice showing a truely powerfull face that they weren't afraid to use again. Once hitler new it was over he killed himself ;o).

That's my 0.02, as this is nothing to argue over.

Originally posted by 311

Obviously you're the ignorant one.

Only ignorant people like you would never even be aware of the fact that countires other than the U.S were involved in WWII.

lmao...then who did the canadians?
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast