Would Apprechiate a Review Please

Hey Guys,

My first post on these forums, as a host and hearing so much about this place I thought I would come and see what all the fuss was about. Great sorce of info.

Can someone do me a review on the new design of my hosting company website. Got a designer to have a go at it and im quite happy with the job.

Can I have your thoughts?

My site is:

www.2-host.com

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Thanks

Mark @
    2- HOST

Good site -- nice color scheme, I like the suddle colors. Maybe get a little more creative with fonts. I like the gradient backgrounds - gives the site the XP feel. It's easy to navigate through and organized. But It looks like the title logo gets cut off though on the right side, maybe stick a border around there to give it a more finished feel. And I'd out your main links below the logo, not above. Overall nice site - good work.

Thumbs up

I like it not cluttered and everything fits nicely. I have no complaints with that layout at all
    http://www.spingen.com :: Internet Solutions
    Multiple Domain Hosting Packages
    msn: [email protected]

I would suggest you look into decrease the logo font size by 1 or 2.

Good! Text in the logo seems a bit large, as already mentioned. Also, what looks to be a double footer bar (for the copyright and links) and the bottom of the page seems like a mistake, though maybe it's intentional. You could really lose the second bar and place the copyright below the footer links. (Just an example.)

Other than those picky details, I really like it. Easy to get around, great color scheme, very professional. Very nice work.

In addition to Jtru's points, the navlinks at the top seem to dwarf the rest of the content. I'd try cutting the hight of those in half and maybe add a rollover to them.

General layout and colours are very appealing.
    Proud member of the RIAA closed quaters combat cell !!!
    You'd better drop that CD-R before I shoot you !!!

like debug said, the font size of the buttons is quite big. It looks even bigger when you see smaller text on that page.

Thanks for your comments huys, much appreciated.

I will try to implement the changes suggested soon.

I had a few of those in mind already, so you have confirmed what I was thinking!

Thanks again!

Mark @
    2-HOST

For such a nice template, you should organize your content to go with it. I dont like the size of the buttons and there position. I think you should move them between the top graphic and the lower main body to provide better navigation. You have a decent front page but your other pages are just plain text. Fill the remaining pages with graphics and text.
    IQ Studio
    www.IQStudio.net
    [email protected]
    Create.Design.Innovate

very nice! I think the buttons could be a little smaller though, they drown out certain other aspects.
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

Well this is just great. At this forum alone, I see 2mhost.com, r2host.com and now 2-host.com. Not only that, but 2-host.com even has a link on it's own site that goes to my site (2host.com). 2m and r2 are one thing, but a hyphenated version now? This is getting to be a little much. I might have to pursue this one (after all, even *2-host.com* made the mistake of putting a link to *my* 2host.com site's domain on their own pages!) All is fair in Internet domain names, but this is a little much.
    Robert McGregor
    URL: http://www.2host.com
    Email: robertm@(nospam)2host.com

Originally posted by 2host.com
    Well this is just great. At this forum alone, I see 2mhost.com, r2host.com and now 2-host.com. Not only that, but 2-host.com even has a link on it's own site that goes to my site (2host.com). 2m and r2 are one thing, but a hyphenated version now? This is getting to be a little much. I might have to pursue this one (after all, even *2-host.com* made the mistake of putting a link to *my* 2host.com site's domain on their own pages!) All is fair in Internet domain names, but this is a little much.
    Not to my knowledge Mr McGregor.

I have a totally different design and logo, I am not getting into an arguement, moreover, this domain name was unregistered, if you had a problem with it you should have registered it. I have consulted a solicitor here in the UK and he advised me you have no legal recourse, I am not out to gain your customers, nor have I made an attempt to copy your site.

For the same token if you owned webhosting.com would you make offers of $10 (like you made to me) to take *************.com - If you owned eggs.com would you try to claim you are entitled to eeggs.com - try them - different companies. I will m ake it clear before all here that I will not accept your attempts to threaten and intimidate me by emai. Nor will I engage in any other discussion. I mean who offers $10 to buy a domain name with the site design and the cutomer base I have built up! - NO SALE!

Mark @ (and always at)
    2-HOST

Originally posted by 2-HOST

Not to my knowledge Mr McGregor.
    I'm not sure what you mean 'not to your knowledge'?

I have a totally different design and logo,
    I did not claim you did.

I am not getting into an arguement,
    There is no argument.

moreover, this domain name was unregistered, if you had a problem with it you should have registered it.
    I am no more required to register every possible combination of the name than msn.com would with theirs, or jaguarpc.com with theirs. You don't have the right to register and use jaguar-pc.com though. Just an example of a regular member here you might recognize. As to why I didn't register it previous, is irrelevant, I don't have to (I won't get into why I didn't, but there is a reason).

I have consulted a solicitor here in the UK and he advised me you have no legal recourse,
    Of course. You told him I claimed this was due to your design/logo. I did not state it was.

I am not out to gain your customers, nor have I made an attempt to copy your site.
    I didn't say you attempted to copy my site. I said the domain is confusing. You yourself link to my site's domain multiple times on the same page. I have screen shots and downloaded the documents of this. If it confuses YOU, it will confuse clients.

For the same token if you owned webhosting.com would you make offers of $10 (like you made to me) to take *************.com - If you owned eggs.com would you try to claim you are entitled to eeggs.com - try them - different companies.
    A different scenario. We're not talking about 2host.com vs. hosting.com, we're talking about 2host.com vs. 2-host.com.

I will m ake it clear before all here that I will not accept your attempts to threaten and intimidate me by emai.
    I made absolutely no attempt to 'threaten' you. I also made it clear that due to your own confusion, it supports that the domain is too close and is grounds for a domain dispute. Nothing more, other than to try and remedy this.

Nor will I engage in any other discussion.
    I did not require that you do.

I mean who offers $10 to buy a domain name with the site design and the cutomer base I have built up! - NO SALE!

Mark @ (and always at)
    2-HOST
    Well Mark, you've been in business under that domain for a very short time. I doubt you have a large customer base (unless you count it from you other hosting business (I won't post the name of it here)). Someone also posted, posed as another user here, saying they are your customer, whom never posted their URL and suddendly disappeared. This looked suspicious. Not that I'm saying it wasn't true, but how it looked. People emailed *me* asking about it.

I made an effort to deal with this civily and fairly, and you instead deemed any effort to resolve this as a threat and intimidating. So be it, you can think I'm out to get you or am threatening you or have no case and just want to complain or take your domain. Your intentions are clear and you've made your choice. I'll make mine in response. Thank you for making your stance clear. I have responded to your email a moment ago. We'll see wher it goes from here. Perhaps this is unfortunate.
    Last edited by 2host.com; 11-21-2002 at 05:56 PM.
    Robert McGregor
    URL: http://www.2host.com
    Email: robertm@(nospam)2host.com

Looks great. Like your prices do something about button fonts.