Need dedicated with lots of IPs

Hello,

I need 2 dedicated servers with lots of IP addresses from different c-classes. Prefferably 6x128 (at least 4x128) IPs would work for us very good. Servers must be hosted at USA which should be very near to Softlayer and there should be low latency between them.

I will give full requirements and reason of these IPs to the provider we talk.

Please recommend us something.

Thank you very much.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

What are you planning on using the IP's for if you don't mind me asking.

For that much IP space and if you want them to be clean it is very likely that you may have to consider paying a premium for the IPs. Sounds like you are at least prepared to submit justification for the IP space which is a good thing, good luck with your search.

I will give full requirements and reason of these IPs to the provider we talk.

But it's emailling in short. Our mails comply with all known rules and we will get the IPs whitelisted by big ISPs. So everything is legit and no SPAM.

@caromark, we'll get the IPs cleaned if they hit spam traps or blacklists before. It's not a big deal for us.
    And yes we can provide an ARIN/just. Additionally we currently pay $1/IP to our provider (Softlayer transportable IPs. Other IPs are 0.50$ a month) but it seems they will not provide us more IPs in future. As our business requires IPs, we need to find a solution for future.

Thank you for your interest.

I think www.b2netsolutions.com would be a good person to speak to. Contact Kevin in sales.

Okay I will keep them in mind.

Please let me know more if you have something else. These guys seem to be at Canada which is a bit far away from Softlayer Dallas datacenters.

Best regards.

B2Net has multiple data centers if you read their website you would know that.

Thanks

With that many IP's like CaroMark said you might have to pay a premium. But I've never seen a provider even give that many IP's.
    They call me the bread baker

Please update this ticket if you find what your looking for. I can see why Softlayer won't participate in this and they are usually pretty liberal with ip assignments.

Caro knows a thing or two about ip's, we couldn't get more then 2 per server with them due to their ip issues with Arin.
    James Paul Woods
    Operations Manager
    HostKitty Internet Services

I believe he said Softlayer is already providing him with quite a number of IPs, but won't allow him any more (as he probably has a ton), thus he is looking for an additional provider to get the IP's from.
    EasyDCIM.com - DataCenter Infrastructure Management - HELLO DEDICATED SERVER & COLO PROVIDERS! - Reach Me: chris@easydcim.com
    Bandwidth Billing | Inventory & Asset Management | Server Control
    Order Forms | Reboots | IPMI Control | IP Management | Reverse&Forward DNS | Rack Management

He needs to apply to ARIN if he already has a huge amount.

The hosts that I know that can provide large quantities of IP as you are requesting may very well also want a security deposit to safeguard their IP space, which as you establish a long term relationship may be able to be reduced.

Spammers have hurt the online community and hosts have learned that it is very important for them to protect their IP space. Setting up a dialogue with a long term commitment to the space could help you in securing your goal. Additionally if you own your own IPs and they are portable I would recommend asking the hosts if they can announce your IPs and that you might also consider acquiring additional IP space that is yours, to which you are responsible for maintaining the integrity of.

Hope this information continues to help.

Quote Originally Posted by IRCCo Jeff View Post
    He needs to apply to ARIN if he already has a huge amount.
    Could be the best long term solution too, because they are then transportable.
    edgedirector.com
    managed dns global failover and load balance (gslb)
    exactstate.com
    uptime report for webhostingtalk.com

Why don't you go with Softlayer themselves if you want to be nearby?

Quote Originally Posted by matthall28 View Post
    Why don't you go with Softlayer themselves if you want to be nearby?
    perhaps this is why...

Quote Originally Posted by justify View Post
    it seems they will not provide us more IPs
    Last edited by JG; 10-24-2009 at 03:07 AM.

Try softlayer. Talk with them on live support before you place the order and they will make an offer for you

Quote Originally Posted by JG View Post
    perhaps this is why...
    Wow, sorry, i'm blind today apparently

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Try softlayer. Talk with them on live support before you place the order and they will make an offer for you

5 postings mention he's already at Softlayer.