What is EPNDomain?

I hope this is the right section to post (If not please admin or moderator move it to proper section). Actually I've a website and I want to sell that. Now I have an interested party which need me to upload a file "epndomain.txt" (which have a code inside) to my website to verify that I'm the owner of the site.

I want to ask that does any budy have experience with this type of issue? and is it safe to upload that file to my website?

Thank you

Text (.txt) files are safe to upload. Uploading the file gives the buyer confidence that you are the owner - or at least have webmaster rights - and are not a scammer. I believe the term EPNdomain originated with the eBay Partner Network as a way to validate domain ownership. The file should contain just one line - your validation code - and no PHP or active code tags. Google does similar validation when you sign up for Webmaster Tools.
    Last edited by Techno; 10-23-2009 at 09:54 AM.

Thank you very much for your information. I've uploaded the file.

Thank you once again.

I have had the same email and if you do some research you will realise its a scam. I think to get fake ebay partner network accounts.

I asked them for their url and got this epndomain(dot)tel not very professional, the file name of the txt file "epndomain.txt" is exactly the same as ebay partner network requires.

Nice try though.