Transfer to Godaddy failed anyway, so what?

Hello everybody. I noticed there was a similar topic on this ( but still want to know if it is correct for Godaddy to charge for failed transfer when it has the following statement on their transfer page said clearly -

Your transfer is absolutely risk-free. If it fails to go through for any reason at all, we'll refund your fee, no questions asked.††

††.ES and .EU domain transfers not included. Fees on failed .EU transfers may not be refunded in all cases.

Check the link yourself or find the attached screen shot where it is marked out for you:

The page address is just a normal page leading to a transfer, i don't know if you all have noticed it or not. Before I made my transfer i did read about it carefully before i apply for the transfer, but after several successful cases, i did have a failure case. Now the money has been charged, and i don't know how to get a refund. It seemed like i paid for nothing i received. This is obviously not "Risk Free" in anyway.

Update/ I like the company for its stable service, but this seems like a bone in my throat. I hope the company really take some actions to help the users. For me, i am OK if they give me another chance to transfer (re-initiate transfer) OR gieve me a refund ( i used paypal so it's no pain) OR give me credit on file (because I am not yet so hurt to quit all its service). Anyway, if the company sees this post, please treat your customers fairly like all the others do. /Update

Any ideas fellows, great appreciation.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails godaddytransfer.png  
    Last edited by scyllar; 10-23-2009 at 05:42 AM.

Update: filed a support ticket and received the following answers from; now i don't know if i was required to respond to this ticket or not. It seems that I was required to wait...
    Thank you for contacting Online Support.

I have requested that a refund be applied to your account as per your request. As some of our services are non-refundable, the request must be reviewed and approved by our billing department. Please allow 48 hours for my request to be processed and for the credit to appear in the order history of your account, if approved.

Once the credit appears in your account, please allow 5-7 business days to see the funds applied to the associated payment method. If we are not able to process a refund for this service you will be contacted. Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Please let us know if we can assist you in any other way.

Amy P.
    Online Support Team

Last edited by scyllar; 10-23-2009 at 09:03 PM.

I got refunded from Godaddy

This morning when I checked my email I found a notice of refund from, and I log into my paypal a/c and found the amount has been refunded.

What confused me till now is that when you google "godaddy transfer fail refund" you will find many posts / blogs about godaddy's failure to refund for a failure transfer. When I began this transfer to godaddy i do checked the terms carefully and I did find their statement on "RISK FREE" transfer. I assume that maybe godaddy has just changed this or those people are really blind? Anyway, i admit that i was misled somehow in the beginning.

Though, I still believe there is a lot of work godaddy can do better. For instance, an automatic refund on failed transfer, and a detailed instruction on how to get a refund if it can't provide the purchased service.

Anyway, it is all well if it ends well
    I hope this is useful to others who are with Godaddy.