Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1

    Need Dedicated Server

    Hey guys,

    Been browsing the forums ALL AFTERNOON,

    I have looked at a million different places and have had no luck..


    List of already looked at:
    rapidswitch.com/Servers.aspx - Bad reports
    ovh.co.uk/ - No paypal
    racksrv.com - Out of stock
    poundhost.com/dedicated-servers/ - Was really looking forward to these guys, Got to the payment... No paypal
    ukdedicated.com - Prices weren't listed
    uk2.net - Looked great.... before i saw the setup fee

    Alright,
    Server Requirements:
    Location: Europe, Preferably UK
    Specs:
    Core 2 Duo, 2+GHZ
    Ram: 2gb
    HDD: 100GB+ (Pref 250Gb)
    Bandwidth: 5000GB+
    OS: LINUX
    Max Price: $200 USD
    Must accept Paypal!!!!
    I will be managing it.


    Thanks, Mooka91.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    /home
    Posts
    248
    Does the server have to be in EU?

    If not, I recommend looking at Limestone Networks. Open a live chat and see what they can offer. Just remember that they aren't located in EU. I haven't seen a provider that is in EU and supports paypal, at least a reputable provider for that matter.

    And yes, they offer Paypal!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by XENnode View Post
    Does the server have to be in EU?

    If not, I recommend looking at Limestone Networks. Open a live chat and see what they can offer. Just remember that they aren't located in EU. I haven't seen a provider that is in EU and supports paypal, at least a reputable provider for that matter.

    And yes, they offer Paypal!
    It can't be in the U.S for legal reasons.

    Any other countries fine... Canada is fine as far as i know.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,183
    Legal reasons you say? What will the server be used for if I may be this curious?
    www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands with DAILY support, also on weekends
    DDOS Protected network - 100% Money Back if it doesn't work for you
    Streaming / IPTV allowed | Up to 10 Gbit ports | 100% Network Uptime

  5. #5
    If you must know, it will be used to host a World of Warcraft private server. A group of people i know from America have decided that the current owner of there server is to stupid to operate a server, So they have hired me to find and manager there server.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by mooka91 View Post
    It can't be in the U.S for legal reasons.

    Any other countries fine... Canada is fine as far as i know.
    I've heard good reports for ***********. Note: I'm not recommending them, just one I've come across in my search. They seem pretty big in Canada. Might want to look around the forums for reviews.

    Edit: Hmm it seams as though that hosts name has been blocked? Does anyone know what that means? lol

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    North West England
    Posts
    612
    Of course, you don't have to go for the bigger companies - sometimes you'll get better support (if you ever need it) from smaller companies.

    Just make sure that you 'test' them first - try their support by logging a ticket and seeing how long they take to reply and how good that reply is.
    Regards,
    Leigh

    Host High - reliable UK hosting

  8. #8
    For your price and spec, you can easily get a very reliable server in the UK. Or, you can simply contact some providers for a custom quote!

  9. #9

  10. #10

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brexit Island
    Posts
    2,821
    Quote Originally Posted by IamDH4 View Post
    I've heard good reports for ***********. Note: I'm not recommending them, just one I've come across in my search. They seem pretty big in Canada. Might want to look around the forums for reviews.

    Edit: Hmm it seams as though that hosts name has been blocked? Does anyone know what that means? lol
    Blocked = Not good. Not trusted, not recommended to WHT users by iNet/WHT.

    I'd reccommend the guys at ifusehosting.com - they take PayPal!

  12. #12
    Check with Craig over at Kualo, they have a portion of their network located in the UK and are great guys to work with.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by JSCL View Post
    Blocked = Not good. Not trusted, not recommended to WHT users by iNet/WHT.

    I'd reccommend the guys at ifusehosting.com - they take PayPal!
    Ok so... basically *********** -- which you wont be able to see has such a bad reputation on WHT that their name has been blocked??? We'll I'm glad I tried posting their name before I even thought about signing up with them... I wish I could tell you guys what Host I'm talking about so you can avoid them... Because they do have a high position on Google's results. Least when you search for "dedicated unmetered server canada" I suppose I can give a hint, begins with an E then refers to SECUREity, and ends with something related to DATA storage. ;-)... Yeah I know... subtle right? Hope I don't get banned for that... :-\ BTW DO NOT USE THEM!!!




    dnt forget .com

  14. #14
    I requested a quote from Both Kualo and IFuse.

    Any more suggestions would be wonderful.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by mooka91 View Post
    Hey guys,

    Been browsing the forums ALL AFTERNOON,

    I have looked at a million different places and have had no luck..


    List of already looked at:
    rapidswitch.com/Servers.aspx - Bad reports
    ovh.co.uk/ - No paypal
    racksrv.com - Out of stock
    poundhost.com/dedicated-servers/ - Was really looking forward to these guys, Got to the payment... No paypal
    ukdedicated.com - Prices weren't listed
    uk2.net - Looked great.... before i saw the setup fee

    Alright,
    Server Requirements:
    Location: Europe, Preferably UK
    Specs:
    Core 2 Duo, 2+GHZ
    Ram: 2gb
    HDD: 100GB+ (Pref 250Gb)
    Bandwidth: 5000GB+
    OS: LINUX
    Max Price: $200 USD
    Must accept Paypal!!!!
    I will be managing it.


    Thanks, Mooka91.
    Cant you generate a Virtual Debit Card from within paypal and buy a OVH server?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by rcolvard View Post
    Cant you generate a Virtual Debit Card from within paypal and buy a OVH server?
    Omg, no don't buy from OVH save yourself the headaches, do you research on the forums, OVH gets one of the worst reputations around here. But I do agree with getting a virtual or even a prepaid debit card. You just have to remember to get a new one, or refill it whenever the balance is running low.

  17. #17
    We decided to give infinitetech.eu a shot, Fingers crossed that everything goes to plan, Sadly they don't operate on the weekend so we lose out there *sad face*

    If for any reason anything happens we are ready to fall back onto ifusehosting.com who responded to my ticket at exceptional speeds.

    Thank you all for your recommendations and support.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by mooka91 View Post
    We decided to give infinitetech.eu a shot, Fingers crossed that everything goes to plan, Sadly they don't operate on the weekend so we lose out there *sad face*

    If for any reason anything happens we are ready to fall back onto ifusehosting.com who responded to my ticket at exceptional speeds.

    Thank you all for your recommendations and support.
    Congrats on finding a host, let us know about your experience them.

    Also don't fret about the weekend, a lot of places don't take orders on the weekend. You'll get through it.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    2,750
    Quote Originally Posted by IamDH4 View Post
    Omg, no don't buy from OVH save yourself the headaches, do you research on the forums, OVH gets one of the worst reputations around here. But I do agree with getting a virtual or even a prepaid debit card. You just have to remember to get a new one, or refill it whenever the balance is running low.
    I think OVH get some very unfair stick, they provide what it say's on the tin "unmanaged" servers at a low cost. Don't go to OVH thinking you'll get support and you'll be fine! you don't pay enough to cover decent support and they have a decent network.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekSRV View Post
    I think OVH get some very unfair stick, they provide what it say's on the tin "unmanaged" servers at a low cost. Don't go to OVH thinking you'll get support and you'll be fine! you don't pay enough to cover decent support and they have a decent network.
    Also don't go OVH thinking you'll get a refund if you don't get what you expected I'm a strong believer that when something goes wrong with the server (hardware wise) "support should fix it" ... I've seen alot of cases where OVH is very slow in doing so, and very slow in upgrades. Hell there was one review I found on here where the guy ordered a server asked for additional IPs, didn't get them after 3 days. ordered a refund and cancellation of the server. weeks later still had access to the server, never got a refund, and never got any IP's. So, he's now seeking legal action.

    Now that's good quality service!

    I'll see if I cant find that review...
    Last edited by IamDH4; 10-24-2009 at 05:38 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. 40% Off Dedicated Server Deals - Natcoweb August Dedicated Server Rush
    By Natcoweb in forum Dedicated Hosting Offers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-17-2009, 03:03 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 07:28 AM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-27-2004, 08:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •