Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why SBYWEB sux

why SBYWEB sux

all other webhosts seem to keep their books well... all other hosts dont have problems in the head... all other hosts dont expect you to read their forum everyday... this is why sbyweb sucks... i would never suggest them to anyone... currently im offline because of thier retardation... trust me on this one folks NEVER use SBYWEB EVER... edgehost was better than them... dialuphost was better than them.... EVERYTHING was better than them... running apache on my computer at home on my cable modem is better than them... they change ur cpanel skins without warning, they change server machines about everyweek and networks everymonth... they are trash and the worst webhost ever... thank you

So based on this should I assume that you don't recommend using them?? :-)
    TeleSouth Network Inc.
    Dedicated and Managed Servers
    11 years of Service and Support with Excellence
    http://www.telesouth1.com/dedicated.php

It would be nice if you could briefly explain why you don't recommend them. Put the proof behind your opinion.

I'll settle this one on my own.

When you ask someone to verify your records, or update them, i think you would expect them to comply. Well that didnt happen here, and then I get this e-mail (pm) from him:

Goodbye, i will no longer be using sbyweb since you cant keep ur ****ing records straight i will require a refund or i will be forced to seek other means. I was one of your first customers i have talked to you and you had all my records on file. i will also write up on webhosting talk about how much you suck. remember do not **** with ME or you will GET ****ED

LOL, oh well, he never was a good customer, so i hope companies read this.

I actually spent some time being hosted by Sbyweb, the service I received wasn't to my liking (Josh offered me a VDS solution, that SBYWeb apparently didn't offer, and I wasn't given a refund either when told they couldn't provide the service I needed). However Josh did keep me informed about all the server changes, and he was actively trying to create a community spirit, increase space / bw allowance for inconveniances caused when moving servers etc.

I'd say SBYWeb is run by a naive bunch of folks who mean well, I wouldn't go back to them however.

Typical, customer doesnt get their way and you get pissed off after an explanation was given to you as to why and what, where, how. You even told us you would deliberatly go to WHT to slander sbyweb.net.... not very bright are you?

For the record, we changed our cpanel skins once, we moved to one server and bought another one. Off the record, if you expect to degrade us, expect those who work for sbyweb to be here to defend itself after you tell us you are going to deliberatly come here and tell us how bad you think we are...

The VDS was at a time (almost 2 months ago i think) when we need the customers, i never remember you asking for a refund, and i'd be more than happy to issue you one, i thought i did.

Anyway, we're far from a naive bunch but thats another story.

Josh I would be very interested in the refund, I will contact you off-the-board. I'm not sure what happened with the VDS, however I did appreciate the SBYWeb community you were building whilst I was with you.

yah fazel if oyu have msn, thats the only thing i ever go online with anymore. shout me a pm.

Just as there is no perfect web hosts, there are also no perfect customers.

A perfect customer would always pay on time even if an invoice is late, never have technical support questions, use a few K of disk space, and get almost zero hits to his web site. They would also hold an extremly high opinion of the host and go about recommending them to everyone.

That's about as hard to ask for from a customer as a perfect web host - but in all reality the key is communications!!!

To the web host: It is up to you to ensure that you communicate with your customers very very clearly.

To the customer: Give a little slack - don't expect the world for less than an (albeit expensive) cup of coffee each month. If you're paying $1000/month, expect that an account manager spend an hour/day just on you alone. If you're paying $10/year, expect to get what you're paying for.
    Travis Doherty
    Web Hosting Services
    http://www.referable.com/

Thank you for your comments, our communications are done through the forums and helpdesk, and all but 2 or 3 customers have not seen the announcement.

I've had experience with SBYWEB's servers personally and they are great. Customers are notified of every change, downtime (if any) is very minimal, great features, new cpanel skins (unlike the same old one everyone else uses), and specialized customer care.

I would recommend them to anyone looking for great hosting.

This guy is bitter and immature. I wouldn't listen to him and i believe this post isnt even valid. I can see it being removed by a moderate any moment now.

- Dean

I have been with SBYWEB for about 2+ months, and the only issue I have had with them is dns took a couple hours too long to propagate. That's it!

Anything else, you must be dreaming. They provider PERFECT support, PERFECT service, you can't ask anything more.

They reply to your tickets on average of 1hr. And Josh was so lenient on my pricing; he gave me a $120/mo. hosting plan for $70 BUCKS!!!!!!

COMEON!!! Give the company a brake. And so what if you have a little miss hap, boo hoo, I was with a host that my server was down more then 5 hrs a week!!!

Now, you want that, go with a host that charges the same, and then comeback to SBYWEB. I think you ge
    t my point!

D A V I D
    SBYWEB FAN for LIFE!!!

Not only our staff but our customers defend us as well. Just another example of what fazel also proved, that we believe in a tight community.

Final note from me: When an honest host comes along, its rare, I've tried my hardest. When a customer does this, it actually does hurt. While i dream of being a big host, it aint bad having 200 and a really tight and great little community of people, who know each other really well.

I appreciate you all who have and will defend SBYWEB, and have a great night,

Joshua Brown
    SBYWEB.net Owner

I myself have worked with Josh and sbyweb, and it was a great time. The support team is very user-friendly and the forums are great for help too. I think Josh has put in alot of work to make sbyweb.net what it is today. I think it is a great host and I recommend it. The reason I moved off of sbyweb servers was because I decided to start my own hosting company which is expected to be launched very soon.
    - 7de5igns

My company has worked with SBYWeb for well over 1 month, and NEVER in my time with them have I witnessed a customer being mistreated. I watch over the company continually, and I constantly keep in touch with Josh. This company is managed as well as any other webhost, if not exceedingly better.

As a customer who went through the billing changes as well, I understand how it might have been annoying. However, the staff gave every client ample time to verify the account information and adjust to the new system, which was only implemented to make payments easier on present customers.

Anyone can call Josh and ask him how much of an annoyance I am, since I require technical support quite often. At NO other host can you ask them to install a script, nor will they actually sit by your side and walk you through using CPanel/WHM for the very first time. Their staff is in no way “naοve”, and if any customer were to take an interest in the company, you would promptly see how much work the staff members put into making each and every customer happy.

Now, I will not continue my spiel on how great they are, but it comes down to this: customers choose SBY for their reliability, flexibility, and approachability … if you can find any other host that meets the quality standards of SBY, I will be astonished. After looking for a host for 2 months, I decided on SBYWeb for one reason and one reason only: SUPPORT.

SBYWeb is the best host on the web, just talk to any other customers, and you will hear them repeat precisely what I just said. In an industry where 1 in 4 web hosts fail, your safest bet is with SBY Web; they’re here to offer you support and flexibility, and they will always be there in the future as well, you have my guarantee.

Mike O

well.. i am a new customer there (2 days) and i have had some technical problems getting my site up and running... Yes they require you to submit thru a support ticket... its not that hard.. i have already submited a few problems. and they have replied within 2 hours max... (if even that) and they are currently working on a problem for me...

so far i have nothing bad to say about them... and i sure hope it stays that way

LOL such media attention! thanks guys for your comments!

So Takaznik, you see that, there are soo many people on SBYWEB's side, it is an extremely unfair fight.

I wish you the best of luck on finding a host better then SBYWEB, they are VERY rair, expect a long search.

David

Guys, thanks so much. Your comments make me sure of the way i run my business is correct. I wish this was all a test, but it isnt, and I appreciate the outporing of comments.

alright, i wont go here, but those who know what this said, you can see what i mean.
    Last edited by XN CEO; 11-18-2002 at 09:16 PM.

Why does every thread about you guys have some sort of drama? Maybe it is just me. Also, your comment -

Not only our staff but our customers defend us as well. Just another example of what fazel also proved, that we believe in a tight community.
    Well, it is easy to do when you post on your forums:

"You can help defend SBYWEB now!"

http://www.sbyweb.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=297

re sbyweb.net

I have been with this providor for only one week and what I have seen and experienced id GOOD.
    I have 3 other plans going with other hosts as well and I can tell you Josh is really onto it.
    When I signed up I forgot about the time difference and he still obliged.

Good on you Josh and team and thanks a lot. By the way in that short week I have alredy got 41 clients hosted , they love it too!!

Col

I signed up for hosting with them the other day and its working just fine for me

Originally posted by UmBillyCord

• AussieHost.com • Aussie Bob, host since 2001 •
    • Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!! •

Originally posted by sbyhost
    .......it aint bad having 200 and a really tight and great little community of people, who know each other really well.
    Members: 59 | Threads: 53 | Posts: 299

It's a start anyways.
    • AussieHost.com • Aussie Bob, host since 2001 •
    • Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!! •

Originally posted by UmBillyCord

So, such things really DO happen?
    YourCheapHost.com - Low cost multi domain hosting solutions. [Legal adult content friendly]
    Reliable web site hosting is our motto. We have Alertra stats to back that up.
    Proven provider of high quality shared and reseller accounts since 2002.

Can't comment on SBYWEB's hosting quality or lack there of, but I find it most interesting that so many of these posters have been customers for "2 days", "1 week" and a month or 2.

Am sorry but I can't consider those recommendations to be reliable. Especially if the host solicited them. Unsolicited praise has more value.

Every time I've picked a new host, I've liked them for the first few months. And in most instances it was 7-10 months before I had serious problems. I were host hunting again, I would consider recommendations from such short term users to be meaningless.

Write back after a year and let us know if you feel the same. I've been with the two hosts I use now for over a year, with no real problems, and only in the past couple months have I felt I had enough experience with them to recommend them.
    KG
    Play rugby! www.daytonrugby.com

I've been hosted by SBYWEB for about 2.5 months now. Before that, i was hosted by a certain host that has been a hot topic on all the forums in the past....they had wings and flew away!

I am extremely happy with SBYWEB service and support. They have been honest with me from the begining and I applaud them for that. Support has been outstanding, very fast response. Josh has made great strides in improving an already great service. SBYWEB has got the best services and prices around.

I don't believe that one persons bad experiance should sway anyone's decision away from SBYWEB. They are a great company!

H

I have had a terrible run at running my website. I was first with Active Webhosting - They got hacked, and I lost all my data. I had a small group of people who visited the site and I lost them.

Then I was with Total host - these guys had a very fast server - but they didn't have a good firewall. What really made me mad was that they tried to blame the hacker that hacked them on me - since the previous one got hacked one a few days before that.

Then quite accidentally I came across, SBY while on Spoono. I took advantage of a special deal they were giving. Josh extended the time for the deal though technically it had expired.

I won't say that I haven't had trouble with SBYweb. That would be wrong. The CPanel didn't do two things the way I wanted it to in relation to subdomains.

The very first day it happened, I lost about 8 hours of productive time. But what really made a staunch supporter of SBYWeb was that they were working the entire time on the problem. At the end it took four of their support staff to get the problem sorted and fixed.

Once the problem was sorted, Mike - who was the main person I talked to - gave me a free subdoamin account, independednt of the main account. For all the trouble that I had. It was a 200 MB - 10 GB account for as long as I was with the company. And he apologised for taking so long to get it fixed.

I've been with a total of 6 different hosts for various things. This was the first time that the hosting company provided support that I loved. I'm a novice in the Webmastering. I don't know how to run CGI scripts, but am adept at PHP ones.

The support people at SBYweb didn't need to help me out installing a blog script, as their services were working fine. The guy from the support downloaded the script that I wanted. Read the documentation and then installed it for me. All with thin 1/2 and hour of IMing him.

If you're really interested, go to their forums and read the recommention that I've given them. They are under the name of NAPPA. It was all before any of this happened, so maybe people will look at that as a possible good reference that is without solicitation.

The company only started in August - most of the customers are new. So far, I've been very happy with their service.

As far as their insistence to use the helpdesk - I find it good. This works both in my favour and theirs. If I have a dispute, I can go back and say they were supposed to do something. The reponse time for the helpdesk has been quite good. Most of the support is IM based - after you make a ticket. And they I assume use it to log how much work each staff did or to see average response time and see if they can get it up faster.

They did change the CPanel without asking - but that's not exactly true that there were no warnings. We were told that they were going to get Xcontroller with Fantastico - when we changed servers. It'd would make it easy for a lot of people. Takaznic : Did you ask them to change it back if you didn't like it? I'm sure they would have if you asked them.

Plus a word to custormers. Try to be polite with people. It works better in your favour. If you threaten people, no matter how professional people are on the other end, they can get reluctant to help. It's something that comes in handy in the real world.

I've seen nothing bad written about them anywhere. Quite frankly I doubt the validity of Takaznic's claims.

I've had dealings with Josh, Matt, David and Mike. As well as one other, who I forget. All of them were nice, polite, and quite happy to help. I sincerely wish SBY prospers. It's to my best interest as I don't have to get a host again then.

I'm thinking of getting a dedicated server in hte near future, and when and If I do - I will be looking to SBY.

Okay that was a long post.

NAPPA
    SBYhosted sites : http://portkey.org
    http://talk.portkey.org (PHP and Mysql Bulletin board)
    http://fanfiction.portkey.org (PHP and MySQL site)
    http://aparecium.portkey.org (HTML and images plain site)

This is my opinion on sbyweb

I was with another hosting company (invisionworld) and well they decided to merge with sbyweb, and i had no choice but to go with sbyweb since i have a year long of hosting with them. At first things were running just fine until i asked for some support. It seemed a bit sluggish and unorganized. They had plenty of support on hand but some seem to not be very knowedgeable in servers and hosting as they couldn't figure out the problem. Also they put major reliance on their forums. For me, i don't visit my host's website everyday because well, its really not needed. I already have gotten what i needed therefore i really don't need anything else from them and their website. I really think they should find some other way to keep customers informed besides using a forum. Because just about 2 days ago, they put a big crititcal notice saying they are suspending accounts if they don't have records of me, I was shocked and in a sense of panic as the cutoff day was tuesday, that day was sunday. Personally i think if its that critical which it is, it should have been sent out on a email. Like their website says, they put the customer first, but then why important infomation such as this isn't brought to our atttention? We the customer had to find out on our own with time to spare or the hard way.

Out of 5 stars I give them 3 stars.

Pros: Great pricing, plenty of support.

Cons: Seems unorganized, needs more knowedgeable support, needs to search of better ways to notify customers of critical news.
    Tin Pham
    Solutions Engineer
    WP Engine - WordPress Hosting, Perfected.

My god, look at the influx of new members WHT is getting.

SBYHOST's community must be a strong one!
    YourCheapHost.com - Low cost multi domain hosting solutions. [Legal adult content friendly]
    Reliable web site hosting is our motto. We have Alertra stats to back that up.
    Proven provider of high quality shared and reseller accounts since 2002.

I would have to agree with net-trend .. Most of these people with 'essays' defending sbyweb are on with less then 5 posts. ( I know I'm not much better). These posts combined with the request to 'Defend Sbyweb' do not do much for the integrity of the praises. It's important to watch out that the tight-comunity does not turn out to be an in-bread family. ...

ok ok that was a bit nasty ... but seriously ... If you have to ask people to come and say that you are good, than it carries little value with it ...

If you can get some of the really nasty people on WHT (You Know who you are guys) to give you a good review .. now that's much better ...

Anyway good luck with your hosting endevours and hope to see good stuff about you here in the future ...

all other webhosts seem to keep their books well... all other hosts dont have problems in the head... all other hosts dont expect you to read their forum everyday... this is why sbyweb sucks... i would never suggest them to anyone... currently im offline because of thier retardation... trust me on this one folks NEVER use SBYWEB EVER... edgehost was better than them... dialuphost was better than them.... EVERYTHING was better than them... running apache on my computer at home on my cable modem is better than them... they change ur cpanel skins without warning, they change server machines about everyweek and networks everymonth... they are trash and the worst webhost ever... thank you
    That post is extremely immature, and unprofessional. Its a rant of a paragraph, that fails to use any type of simple punctuation (except when you are trying to yell) nor has one valid sentence. This does not give you any credit whatsoever. It only demonstrates your age, (I'm guessing below 16 ?) and I suggest that before you try to damage a company, you actually make it worth someone's time to read. You then start saying useless things about how everyone else is better than them. Can't you be like most other people and just move on if a host is not to your liking?

-VoodooMaster

Voodoomaster .. I agree with your point on the immaturity ... that never helps ...
    However sometimes badmouthing a host (or any other company for that matter) or at least the threat thereof is necessary.

There are way too many people out there who, once they have your CC and your money have very little interest in you. Either service or financial problems arise from that. And as the customer you are often left in a less then desirable place, so the only way to fight back is to expose the service provider.

This also translates to the invsetigative journalists who, even though we all hate with a passion, do occasionaly provide a service to the little guy.

So yes I agree that profanity / imaturity and other socialy unacceptable means will not usually get you far, but a calm and collected report on a providers action can be a devistating tool...

Thanks for the comments both good and bad. Tin: NOt sure which customer you are, since your probably on the IW roles. But if you check out the latest announcement on the forums, you'll see the results of our last nights meeting, and organized (better) support is on the top of the list. I added it to the topics covered in the meeting when i saw the reply, so thanks for the suggestion.

In the heat of anger you get in a rush and you can be immature at times. So here goes a mature review (and not 16 im 20).

SBYweb started out great, speed wasnt all there when they were with BurstNET (i could only get 150 KB/s on my cable connection (2 MB/s down Road Runner... I usually pull 250 KB/s off a fast server), When they switched to the NAC the speed picked up and all was grand. Also in the beginning josh would send out weekly emails about what SBYweb was doing and anything that was happening to the server, also explaining downtime and all of that. Those stopped after he claimed no one read them. Next, IM support wasnt all there and half the time it wasnt that knowledgable as a person above said. I had a major problem Ip resolviing to 0.0.0.1 instead of trying to fix it Josh tried to sell me a new domain (later it was fixed by deleting and remaking the account). Another point, SBYweb demands that you view their forums now to see upgrades and announcements and any warnings on account suspension, when you have an almost full time job (30+ hours a week) and full time school, your webhost's forum isnt all that important to you. I prefered it when it was a weekly newsletter sent via email. This made it easier to see what was going on as i would only have to press one button on my keyboard to get to my email. Another thing, I just discovered that there is an sbyweb.com that is owned by another webhost (makes you think....). Finally, I thought the entire company was disorganized. They could not keep simple records of their customers, nor could they setup a account system. They tried to set up phpManager and it didnt work, I have used hosts that had that set up before they even began taking orders. Oh well, my time of horror with sbyweb is over, I'm now with another co using ensim (which Josh told me was for advanced people... pretty much calling me stupid, I'm smart enough to figure it out... in fact i have already... had it for 24 hours or so). I also prefer ensim to cpanel by far... to me cpanel is bloatware, and has many useless features.

oh... man.... they seem to be down.

edit// back up... .man that had me worried
    Last edited by squirrel; 11-19-2002 at 08:56 PM.

Part 1 of 2

I had to split this into 2 parts so the entire content is posted.

I was with them for 1 week with a reseller account, and cancelled the account for reasons as outlined in the following email log. I also attached the threads from the support tickets which drove my cancellation request. I found the response to my Paypal payment dispute particularly interesting, as well as what was posted on their forums about me making threats. They did remove the post when I pointed out that I had not threatened them. I also found it interesting that the notice on their forums about refunds being discontinued was after I attempted to get a refund, although they indicated in the post that it was retroactive to 10/30. This was a expensive lesson at $100 but at least I learned before I had clients set up with them. To be honest, I originally figured that once they got their support a little better organized I would go back to them, but as you will read below, they burned that bridge with me.
    <=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=->
    To: Joshua Brown ::: SBYWEB <[email protected]>
    Date: Friday, November 15, 2002, 3:04:33 PM
    Subject: Cancelling Account.
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Hi Joshua,

I am cancelling my dogbits.net account with you for the time being.. Your support response time is great, however with the 2 help requests I made there seemed to be a lot of confusion. I would appreciate a refund to my paypal account.

The first request was because the IP's and nameservers were not working properly and I received responses ranging from read the forums to wait for it to resolve.. And as it turned out they were not set up properly.

The second request was in regard to the SSL certificate, and I was told it must be set up on a separate domain name with a different IP address. I knew this to be wrong. I have relocated the domain to where I can set it up the way I want, and you can see what I mean by going to https://www.dogbits.net/accounts or http://www.dogbits.net/accounts and both are using the same IP address.

If I had more time, I probably would hang in there and resolve these things with you, however my wife just went to the top of the liver transplant list, and I have to get my business in order for the period which I will not be available during this.
    To: Fred Forrest <[email protected]>
    Date: Friday, November 15, 2002, 3:33:08 PM
    Our support team works very hard, and we feel very betrayed on this. We are not offering refunds, just because we are unable to offer resolving support responses quickly enough for you.
    Date: Friday, November 15, 2002, 4:04:47 PM
    Hi Joshua,

Well, if you want to play the betrayed game.. I feel betrayed because you said I needed to purchase a separate IP address for the SSL certificate. And then tell me that I could not use it on the dogbits.net domain without creating a separate domain name. The separate IP was not required, and it is possible to set up the ssl with the primary domain. To me it was no more than a ploy to sell more high priced IP addresses.

And selling me a static IP address for the site and not having it set up correctly and then the techs saying it has to resolve etc.. I set accounts up all the time with static IP addresses and they work almost instantaneously allowing my customers access to their sites via the IP address. Your senior tech finally resolved the issue, but I did not need the BS prior to him fixing it.

There is a lot more to support than fast response times.. Correct answers as well as stating you are not sure about something but will get the answer means just as much or more.
    Date: Friday, November 15, 2002, 4:16:08 PM
    Correct Reposes do not happen instantly. Techs are trained to go through a routine before going into settings that can hurt the server. The IP Address as far as I know needs its own IP address, our billing area's SSL Cert, has its own IP, because that's what we were told to do, so that was belong me. The IP prices are normal, most places charge $2-5 per month pre IP address. We charge $4 per month per IP, you got 3 for $10 per month but paid them all at one time. Again, we do not offer refunds for issues like the correct response didn't come fast enough, or the we trick clients, because it began with rackshack tricking us into the IP issue.

Aside from all of that, if indeed you wife is in that situation, and that wasn't just BS, then best of luck to her, and best of luck to you in the future. I hope you find a webhost that provides you the answers you want within seconds.

Also Note: Your accounts will be terminated tonight!
    Date: Friday, November 15, 2002, 4:26:52 PM
    Files: <none>
    Hi Joshua,

I am paying $1 per month for static IP addresses with the new host, they are responsive and have correct answers.

It is very real with my wife, she has been on the list for 3 years now.

Taking my site down tonight is fine. I transferred the domain a couple days ago after the SSL issue.
    Date: Friday, November 15, 2002, 4:30:22 PM
    Okay, again I have no hard feelings, so I hope you don't either, our prices are cheap to begin with, so the IP address is realistic. I wish only the best for your wife, as I as well have liver problems and most likely Lime Disease, so Im not going through an easy time either. I stopped the refunding policy, because I was getting taken advantage of, and because I need the money to pay doctors bills, so I hope you wont hold it against me, and that in the future, you will find SBYWEB again.
    Date: Friday, November 15, 2002, 6:36:05 PM
    Hi Joshua,

I understand keeping part of the money for setting the account up, however I do feel I am due a partial refund at minimum. I used your services for 1 week or 1/4 of the term. You charged me $100.00 which was prepaying one month plus your fees for the IP's. I feel I should be refunded $75.00.
    Date: Friday, November 15, 2002, 6:37:47 PM
    I've stated earlier, that the policies we're changed before you joined. The refunding part was removed oct. 30th.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Part 2 of 2

To: [email protected] <[email protected]>
    Date: Friday, November 15, 2002, 7:47:15 PM
    Subject: PayPal: Complaint Received: Case ID - PP-005-236-664
    Dear Fred Forrest,

Thank you for contacting PayPal. We have begun our investigation of the following transaction:
    ------------------------------
    Complaint Details
    Reimbursement Request Details
    ------------------------------
    Transaction Date: Nov 8, 2002
    Transaction Amount: -$100.00
    Case Number: PP-005-236-664
    Seller's Name: Joshua Brown
    Seller's Email: [email protected]
    Date: Friday, November 15, 2002, 8:04:28 PM
    Subject: Paypal Dispute
    Hello,

Earlier tonight we reviewed your case through us, and we're beginning the process of issuing the proper credit.

-70.00 setup
    ---------
    $30.00/4 = $7.50 *3

Proper Refund = $22.50

Upon receipt of transaction dispute from Paypal, we have decided that you do not deserve a refund from us. All of your accounts have been closed, and you have been blacklisted permanently at SBYWEB.

We will make some of these findings public, at popular web hosting communities, so that other web hosts do not have to suffer the same activity on behalf of there customers.

On behalf of the staff at SBYWEB, and our President, Joshua Brown. We hope that with your next host, you do not cheat them, and that you do not jump to conclusions within hours.

Regards,
    The SBY Paypal Team.
    To: SBYWEB Paypal Department <[email protected]>
    Date: Saturday, November 16, 2002, 11:24:05 AM
    Hi Josh,

Why does this not surprise me? I bet you would like me to return the favor and make the info on your company public?

Don't hold your breath waiting on me to do that.. I don't treat libel as lightly as you appear to in your statements below.

Incidentally, I am sure the 3 quality hosts that I have been reselling for would vouch for my integrity in our dealings over the past 4 years.. You see, I seriously thought your service would be a nice addition to my existing portfolio of services to offer my client base. I am glad that things turned out as they did early on in our relationship.. Before it inconvenienced any of my customers. I wish you good luck with Sbyweb, you will need all the luck you can get unless you improve your customer relations and attitude toward clients.
    Date: Saturday, November 16, 2002, 11:30:32 AM
    I think you will need to improve your relations with your host. I have 40 other customers who have read these e-mails, and have all promised me complete backing of our services. So go ahead and do what you need to do because your 1/60 who has ever been so rude to me.
    To: SBYWEB Paypal Department <[email protected]>
    Date: Saturday, November 16, 2002, 11:51:57 AM
    Hi Josh,

I do believe you need to reread what I said in the last post before telling lies as you did in this...

The following was posted in SBYWEB Forums:

Hello,

One of our former customers, dogbits.net is going to attempt to shoot us down. I will give you the run-down very quick.

- All of this happens within 6 hours.

- He says he wants to cancel and wants a refund.
    - I talk with him, and explain our policies changed long before hi signed up that we do not do such a thing.
    - He files a complaint with paypal
    - I call paypal and solve it.

- He threatens in e-mail this morning, to "alert" major forums.

If I get links to anything that he does, all I ask is that you go there and help us defend the company

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast