Thread: XEN vps

* XEN vps

im looking for xen vps which can host 30 to 50K visists per day.
    i was WiredTree costumer and their fit my needs but to expensive for me!
    im at current vps company but they limit me to 1 cpu and thats to bad for me, coz they dont have any tos about this!
    VPS must have 1gb or 2 gb ram.
    reply or contact me asap!

try the servint.net
    Explore our outstanding VPS choices tailored to your budget, and we welcome reasonable offers.
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==

Can you give more specifics as to your sites resource use? I'm going to guess that you want a 1GB+ VPS for under $70/mo since that is what you can get one from wiredtree.

Have you taken a look at the offers section? I have to say that if you want more dedicated cores to your VPS you typically need to pay more. Many hosts do fair share with all the cores so you might want to look at them but that doesn't mean you're going to get all them for your sites.

@Alex-Developer: While I like ServInt for $49 you get a 768MB VPS which may not meet the OPs needs. Besides do they offer Xen?

any discount for servint?

Wrong place to ask, there are the offers forums where you can find current offers and you can just call them directly. What exactly is your price range?

Sorry, if I missed it but are you looking for managed or unmanaged server and what is your monthly budget?
    24Shells in Business Since 2003 - AS55081
    Dedicated Servers, High Bandwidth Servers
    @24Shells - 24shells.net

Hi, Try 6sync.com I think they have a running promo this time...
    Learning...

ServInt uses Virtuozzo, not Xen

Quote Originally Posted by alex-developer View Post
    try the servint.net

Heaps of XEN providers out there, go here http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=104

Take a look at Linode, they do a good job

Rackspace/SliceHost gets my vote
    iWebFusion.Net - Shared / Reseller / VPS / Bare Metal / Colocation / IP Transit / Networking
    *Simply Hosting - Wholly owned networks, in-house staff, legions of fans!

If you are searching for a vps in US try linode.com.
    If you want one in UK try xensmart.co.uk

Linode.com. The Panel is simply awesome!

I used a Link-1 plan VPS from VPSLink before, and their network and service was very good. But the price of their 1GB VPS is not competitive (around $70/month).
    Prgmr.com has some very cheap Xen-base VPS plan, but I don't know how good their service is.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyan View Post
    I have to say that if you want more dedicated cores to your VPS you typically need to pay more. Many hosts do fair share with all the cores so you might want to look at them but that doesn't mean you're going to get all them for your sites.
    Great points Nnyan, and here is the issue with VPS hosting... if hosts do not commit RAM and CPU to a specific user, then you run the same overallocation risks as seen in shared hosting. The only benefit of a VPS then becomes isolation, which is nice, but, honestly not needed for the average customer. With the budget the original poster has, they are better off simply getting a very good shared hosting account. If you want a VPS with guaranteed CPU and RAM allocation ({ie essentially a smaller dedicated server) and fully managed, the costs will go up and significantly. If you figure a fully managed dedicated server from a good proactive company is $500-$1000 - a legitimate slice of a dedicated server, fully and proactively managed will run $100-$500.. this is just the nature of things.. now, if you are willing to share some resources (ie CPU and RAM) and willing to fight for "fair share" allocation, you can drive those costs down, but, then you are still at the mercy of the provider to allocate and manage their resources properly. If they do so, you can reduce costs without a significant hit on performance and reliability. If they get their allocations wrong, or they simply do not care and over allocate like mad, then you run the exact same risks seen in shared hosting.
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems