Marital Status: Married
Birthdate: 08 July 1979
Employment Status: Open to opportunities
A career in a well known hosting company, utilizing my skills and experiences while pursuing interests in programming and Internet security.
- Extensive experience with administration and security of Linux servers.
- Enjoys working in a team environment.
- Fast learning and adaptive abilities.
- Excellent communication, linguistic, and verbal skills.
- strong analytic abilities.
- Strong initiative toward improvement in all aspects of the business.
* Compiled general software packages from source, such as Kernel, Apache, PHP, etc.
* Compile kernel + grsecurity.
* Removal of insecure packages and unnecessary software
* Securing PHP/Apache
* Apache / MySQL tweaking for maximum performance
* Created bash scripts to automate certain tasks
* Coding various C++/perl programs for server side tasks like checking hacking attempts, server migrations, complete server restores and lots more.
* Edited and secured iptables rules for system security
* Server auditing, Managing Logs, Disks Management.
* Updated kernels from vanilla source and Redhat RPM.
* Monitoring system workload and maintained a safe working environment for other applications
* DDOS Attack prevention hacks/tweaks
* first admin hired and had done all of the hiring for the rest of support department,
* designed the infrastructure, configurations, etc. of the servers and the eventual server farm,
* creating custom scripts to facilitate work over said server farm. Everything from Level 1 support to
in-depth server administration, planning and designing of how things go.
* Systems administration and systems design,
* Design of of all servers setup and optimizing it from max performance, configuration, implementation and maintenance of Linux servers.
* Wrote a custom monitoring system, SSH Gateway and a proactive firewall.
Terms of Employment:
monthly salary, payment negotiable.
allow me to add quotes from a couple of previous hosts I worked in:
Originally Posted by 2Mhost
Rwxguru worked for us for some time, He has deep experience in system administration and security tasks and building/managing VPS nodes.
Originally Posted by Espinda LLC
Ahmed is a hard worker and a deeply experienced system administartor, he worked for espinda.com LLC and was responsible for the most critical and advanced tasks, I have to say that we were lucky to have such a man to support our backnbone.
Can you send us your resume, references, and desired wages/salary/compensation to jobs [at] fluidhosting.com?
Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory! Get your N+1 High Availability Enterprise Cloud Equinix Secaucus NY2 (NYC Metro)