Question Advice on hosting a website developed on WAMP

Hi,

I am a newbie in PHP and I develop a website using WAMP. And I want to put that website online now. But not much familiar with hosting plans.

Kindly, suggest me a hosting plan which fulfill all my needs and where i can run my website comfortable and manage it easily...

Thanks,

I suppose you need to start with offers section here. Learn that back and forward for shhared hosting
    Get few names and then compare reviews

Good luck

If it's Windows, Apache, MySQL and PHP, you shouldn't have any problems finding a host, as you can use Linux instead of Windows and save yourself a bundle. If however, it uses MSSQL instead of MySQL, you'll need to find a Windows provider.

U mean I have to go for shared hosting plan supporting WAMP for my website??

And what do u mean by??
    Quote Originally Posted by SiberForum View Post
    Learn that back and forward for shhared hosting

You can go with any shared hosting plan, it doesn't have to be WAMP. The majority of shared hosts run LAMP (which uses Linux instead of Windows). Your applications will run fine on that. The only reason you would need a Windows host is if you were running MSSQL or .NET.

Actually, with wamp as u know we get PHPMyAdmin.
    And I need phpmyadmin to access my database MYSQL. I am not well versed with all hosting plans limits and MYSQL access. Its just my first project and website ready to be online.

In short, I don't want to face any difficulty in managing my database MYSQL and website because of any wrong hosting plan.

Hope its clear this time......

Actually, with wamp as u know we get PHPMyAdmin.
    The vast majority of hosts offer phpmyadmin as a feature of their hosting packages. Typically it is mentioned prominently enough, but if you don't find it listed, contact their sales department and ask about it.

You could install phpmyadmin on your own too (a tutorial for a 1and1 account, but it should all work similarly at other hosts: http://chasesagum.com/setup-phpmyadm...osting-account), if it isn't provided, but given the wide choice of hosts that have it installed, ready to use and easy to access from the control panel, I don't really see why you'd settle for less.

I think you might be confused. There are two major platforms used to host web sites. Windows and *nix based. A Linux platform would work for your site, probably better than the windows platform. PHP and MySQL were originally developed for the *nix platform and later ported to Windows.

A good rule of thumb is, if you use PHP/MySQL, host on Linux, and if you use ASP, ASP.NET or MSSQL, host on windows.
    Sphere Web Hosting, LLC.
    █ Experience our Contagious Support™ and 100% Uptime SLA
    We don't just provide support, we care about your success - it's just the way we do things!
    █ Make your life a little easier and visit http://www.spherewebhosting.com

Ys, I was confused.

My question is not that "whether Windows and Linux support PHP and Mysql or not".
    But my question is that
    If I go for Linux hosting, then I will get PHPMyadmin there or not
    As I am not versed with Mysql much so I need PhpMyadmin to help me in controling my database.

Secondly, If Linux is not giving me that option, then Windows should give me that definitely as per my view........

Yes you will invariably. PHPMyAdmin is incorporated into cPanel as standard and most other panels, too. So just look for any cPanel *nix host and you'll be absolutely fine.

Check this cPanel demo out and you'll see what's included as standard: http://www.cpanel.net/products/cpanelwhm/try-demo.html
    Last edited by Mach4-Chris; 10-22-2009 at 11:09 AM.

Yes, phpMyAdmin is included with Linux hosting plans. I don't ever remember seeing a shared Linux plan that doesn't include phpMyAdmin. Hope this helps.
    Sphere Web Hosting, LLC.
    █ Experience our Contagious Support™ and 100% Uptime SLA
    We don't just provide support, we care about your success - it's just the way we do things!
    █ Make your life a little easier and visit http://www.spherewebhosting.com

ok, then problem is sorted out now.
    Plz suggest me some reliable, affordable, good names in this shared hosting with whom you have experience of working with.

That's almost too much to ask since there are so many. But location is important. Where are your users based?

Quote Originally Posted by SphereWebHosting View Post
    Yes, phpMyAdmin is included with Linux hosting plans. I don't ever remember seeing a shared Linux plan that doesn't include phpMyAdmin. Hope this helps.
    Very true, most shared hosting provider include phpmyadmin, and all cpanel based host offer this.

I would recommend you going with a cpanel based provider, have you taken a look at the demo yet?

http://x3demob.cpx3demo.com:2082/log...b&pass=x3demob

Username: x3demob
    Password: x3demob

My users are India based but domain registered is .net

Have a look at this little lot: Indian shared web hosts and see how you get on. I don't know any of them but once you narrow it down to a few names you can post here and get some feedback. Try creating a new thread with a subject of 'India-shared host providers needed.'

Thanks everyone for your time and useful suggestions.