Rackshack's instant activation.

I'm just curious how the "Instant Activation" part of RS works. Is it a script that sends your data from their webpage to the next available online server?

Well, I am not sure if it applies to now but when I signed up for my Cobalt RaQ at RS and after the initial signup and approval, I was instantly provided with the server login details which I could use immediately.

I guess all servers on-sale are online and probably yes, it would be send to the next available server with the specs you sign on. Of course, any additional items such as additional IPs, RAMs and harddisk would have to be done manually.
    http://www.batchimage.com - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions

I mean though, is it a proprietary script that they use, or some sort of application....?

In this thread here; someone briefly explains how it works.

Mind you, they only explain the process in which the RaQ's use (or used to), so I'm assuming it may be different for the white box servers, etc...

Oh, you were asking about the script and not too much about wanting to sign up with RS.

I guess if that is the case, you might want to get in touch with RS's engineers who would have first-hand knowledge of it.

But if you ask me, it is probably a very simple system. You probably work with a database which includes default information such as specs of the servers probably identified by a Product ID, the IP address and probably the initial login information if necessary. It would probably include a flag which identify if the server is available or not.

Once you sign up, it will scan the database to see the next available server matching your specification and once matched would send you the details and flag that server as SOLD.

It doesn't quite redirect you to the server but provides you with an IP address in which you could access that server.

I guess the application they use is proprietary and actually pretty easy to develop if you want to dab into some programming.
    http://www.batchimage.com - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions

Well, I think it is a bit more to it than that, but in a nutshell:

You make your order, credit card is processed and approved within minutes you will receive an email with your login, RS ID #, admin info (username, password), IP address, gateway address, DNS info etc. All the basics to get you setup and started.

You will be able to login immediately and begin to administer and setup sites.

Oh I was with RS about a year ago...I was merely curious.

Thanks for the replies!