Looking for NYC 1/4 rack colo

We are looking for a 1/4 rack colo in manhattan. So far we have a quote in from enotch and bandcon - and a quote via livechat from NYCNOC.

Any thoughts on those? I know bandcon just leases space in NYC and NYCNOC was double the price of bandwidth than bandcon, and their price for a 1/4 rack is similar if their website is really listing NY prices and not their long island prices.

Looking for a 10 to 20 mbit commit.

Any other providers that anyone would care to recommend?

We already have a datacenter to use in NJ - so don't need suggestions on those.

Thanks

Matt

www.atlanticmetro.net
    www.voxel.net

Both of the above come to mind. We've used atlanticmetro and their uptime was superb. NYNOC is out of LI so I don't think that qualifies as Manhattan.

Check out colocrossing.com (send them an mail) they offer NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by XFactorServers View Post
    Check out colocrossing.com (send them an mail) they offer NYC.
    Yeah my vote's for colocrossing, they'll help ya out and their pricing is great.

If your looking for NY area the NYNOC is out on LI in hicksville if im correct which is only ~30 miles from the city so it's not that big of a deal.
    "Unix is simple. It just takes a genius to understand its simplicity." Dennis Ritchie

Quote Originally Posted by JMele View Post
    Yeah my vote's for colocrossing, they'll help ya out and their pricing is great.

If your looking for NY area the NYNOC is out on LI in hicksville if im correct which is only ~30 miles from the city so it's not that big of a deal.
    YUP, they use Voxel which if better then fantastic Sadly you won't be able to go directly Voxel as they only work at full cabs or more.

Quote Originally Posted by XFactorServers View Post
    YUP, they use Voxel which if better then fantastic Sadly you won't be able to go directly Voxel as they only work at full cabs or more.
    They are connected to Voxel's network but they themselves colo directly with Telx.
    "Unix is simple. It just takes a genius to understand its simplicity." Dennis Ritchie

Quote Originally Posted by JMele View Post
    They are connected to Voxel's network but they themselves colo directly with Telx.
    Yeah,

10 char

Replying -- apparently I can't use the reply code yet...
    -----------------
    atlanticmetro. net voxel. net

Both of the above come to mind. We've used atlanticmetro and their uptime was superb. NYNOC is out of LI so I don't think that qualifies as Manhattan.

----------------------

NYNOC has space at 111 8th ave -- they have long island as well -- but they do have space in manhattan -- just more expensive than their long island facility.

But I will check out atlanticmetro -- thanks!

Matt

steadfast is in S&D (equinix) in north bergen. NJ
    Jay

Atlantic Metro has been building out their DC space, so certainly consider them. I would normally also recommend Voxel, but I'm not sure if they'll sell a partial cabinet, so you might check out a company that uses the Voxel network. We connect to both networks from our Telx racks at 111 8th Avenue.
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions
    *** http://www.bqbackup.com/ ***

Just to clarify, our LI location is not in Hicksville as another user mentioned. It is in Commack, LI and yes we do have space at 111 8th avenue.
    BGP GRID
    UNetLab Network Simulator Hosting
    Prepare for your CCNA/CCNP/CCIE certifications today!