Selling in US but living somewhere else?

Hello,

I'm living in Australia right now and running a small time webhosting place. I'm thinking of getting a server in the US.
    Now I am not sure about the law in the US or anything, I have all the right paper work in AU for this.
    Basically I need to what kind of "Tax" things ect.. you need to have while selling in the US.

Thanks, Charlie

I don't think you need any paperwork just to rent a server in the US. As you are still trading from AU.

You would still be an AU business.
    Hydro Host – Affordable UK Web Hosting - cPanel
    Shared Hosting – Reseller Hosting – Domain Name Registration - Affiliate Program
    www.hydro-host.net

Yes, Hydro_Host seem to be right. I know some people who run US based companies but live in Europe. Everything seems to be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreyfidrya View Post
    Yes, Hydro_Host seem to be right. I know some people who run US based companies but live in Europe. Everything seems to be ok.
    No No. "Based" & "Target" - Don't get these two words mixed up. VirtualRain will still be AU Based, but his target market is in the US. If he is US based it means he is within and operating within the US. He is not. He operates from AU and therefore he is AU based, just with an American Target Market.

Hope this helps further.
    Hydro Host – Affordable UK Web Hosting - cPanel
    Shared Hosting – Reseller Hosting – Domain Name Registration - Affiliate Program
    www.hydro-host.net

Quote Originally Posted by VirtualRain View Post
    Hello,

I'm living in Australia right now and running a small time webhosting place. I'm thinking of getting a server in the US.
    Now I am not sure about the law in the US or anything, I have all the right paper work in AU for this.
    Basically I need to what kind of "Tax" things ect.. you need to have while selling in the US.

Thanks, Charlie

You mean... You need some documents from seller (US based hosts) for submitting TAX in AU for your monthly server expense?
    Scott - HyperBIG.com
    Unmetered Bandwidth Dedicated Servers USA Budget Dedicated Hosting ♦ ♦ 1Gbps Unmetered Dedicated Servers

Quote Originally Posted by Hydro_Host View Post
    No No. "Based" & "Target" - Don't get these two words mixed up. VirtualRain will still be AU Based, but his target market is in the US. If he is US based it means he is within and operating within the US. He is not. He operates from AU and therefore he is AU based, just with an American Target Market.

Hope this helps further.
    Yes, it depends on where your business is based. If you are based in Australia it doesn't matter where in the world your customers are.

I assume that by getting a server you mean ordering a dedicated server? or buying a server and colocationg it?
    You shouldn't have any problems in any of the cases.

You will be subject to Aussie GST / Co. Tax on any profits. Ensure you keep all your hosting receipts etc. to offset income. Apart from that, easy