I have a problem with one of the domain names that I am hosting on a Win 2003 dedicated server. I am using Plesk 9.0.1.
The domain name seems not have an A record set. I checked the domain name using intodns.com. I see this records have errors:
WWW A Records
Nameservers are lame
Glue for NS records
I checked DNS records via Plesk and everything looks fine.
I have other domain names using the same NS and on the same server but working just fine. Now this problem domain doesn't show on different computers. I can see it on mine but this is probably because of the cache, even though I tried to flushdns several times.
What is even strange for me is when I ping the problem domain I get an IP, but I get a different IP when I ping it without using www prefix.
I recently moved several domain names and their hosting from a server to another. All domains are fine except this problem domain and when I ping it with www prefix I get the IP of the old server. I even have both hosting are open and I put a test html page on the new server. I cannot access that test html page when I use the domain name with www prefix on the browser.
Still, this maybe a cache problem on my computer.
I believe the only thing I did differently for this problem domain is to change the IP address that I gave it when I first creating a hosting. I have 4 IPs on Plesk and I switched to another one. After the problem I switched it back to the original one, and even restored DNS settings to defaults on Plesk.
When it didn't work I even deleted the hosting for the problem domain and re-created with different username and pw, but the problem continued.
The whois check on internic shows the correct NS of the new server.
I know this is a loooong question but I am not an expert on DNS stuff so I tried to put in everything that might be relevant.