Angry WARNING : webhostingpad are SCAMMERS !! by videos

Hello WebhostingTalk membes,
    I wanted To warn you guys from dealing with webhostingpad.com
    The are the scammers No.1 and they really know how to manipulat their rules,So you'll be working aginst it.which will lead for a stupid execuse to steal your money.

anyway, here's the videos that proves what I'm saying

WHP Fraud I: Stealing your money and don't gives you the webspace
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J_hIsj4deM

WHP Fraud II: Stealing your money from your Affiliate Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rIHo2kJYik

Thank you
    (Note: If this is a wrong section please move it to the right one)

Tags: webhostingpad.com webhostingpad WHP fraud scam

In the first video you said that you used your card to make the purchase for your customer, using your affiliate link. That almost screams "fraud order" and goes against the vast majority of affiliate programs out there.

I'm not saying you're 100% wrong in your claims, just that things may not be quite as straightforward as you portrayed them.
    Last edited by ldcdc; 10-20-2009 at 08:20 PM.

Agreed with dan

No, If I bought this webspace to my self this will be counted as a fraud because they don't support self affiliates

I contacted them about this issue before I strated it and they told me that it's okay if you provided the contact information of the customer him self

Here's a screen shot of the Ticket
    http://i36.tinypic.com/oaw1at.png

And the information provided is the client info not mine

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    In the first video you said that you used your card to make the purchase for your customer, using your affiliate link.
    that's what has caused your problem.

as Dan has said, it will go against much if not all of the affiliate programs out there.

check the idev affiliate agreement for yourself... I used idev in the past and am pretty sure the rule applies there.

http://www.webhostingpad.com/affiliate_agreement.html
    We do not allow self referrals and all self referral commissions will be removed.
    because you've used your CC and used your affiliate link to purchase, then that's deemed a self referrel and might have caused this problem...maybe someone can clarify it because I've been out of affiliates for a while.

owm
    Last edited by Outlaw Web Master; 10-20-2009 at 08:41 PM.
    ()
    Life's what you make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw Web Master View Post
    that's what has caused your problem.

as Dan has said, it will go against much if not all of the affiliate programs out there.

check the idev affiliate agreement for yourself... I used idev in the past and am pretty sure the rule applies there.

http://www.webhostingpad.com/affiliate_agreement.html

owm
    Maybe you posted your post when I was just posted mine

Quote Originally Posted by Mostafatherock View Post
    No, If I bought this webspace to my self this will be counted as a fraud because they don't support self affiliates

I contacted them about this issue before I strated it and they told me that it's okay if you provided the contact information of the customer him self

Here's a screen shot of the Ticket
    http://i36.tinypic.com/oaw1at.png

And the information provided is the client info not mine

From WHP's affiliate terms:

We do not allow self referrals and all self referral commissions will be removed.
    Now, what their staff advised you may or may not have been against this clause, but it was a surefire way to get that order marked as fraud. What you were trying to do is highly unorthodox.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility that "Ben" from their staff had no idea what he was talking about, or misunderstood your intentions/what you were trying to do.

The issue was back in August. Did they refund that money?

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    From WHP's affiliate terms:

Now, what their staff advised you may or may not have been against this clause, but it was a surefire way to get that order marked as fraud. What you were trying to do is highly unorthodox.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility that "Ben" from their staff had no idea what he was talking about, or misunderstood your intentions/what you were trying to do.
    If this right why didn't this happend in the other 2 sales I made ???

and This is going off the topic

This is not the issue at all for marking this as a fraud

the main problem that they took the money and said that they didn't took any thing even after I provided them "Approval Code" for the transaction. which can be brought by the owner of the card only.

these kind of threads can go on and on forever mate and proved nothing really.

i understand you'll be annoyed and think you've been ripped off, but until we hear what webhostingpad say about this or have said to you about it....then it'll probably go off topic a little from time to time.

when you contacted them about it what did they say....did you speak to a manager or the tea lady?

did they refund your money or are you still out of pocket?

i'd like to believe the title of the thread but the over use of colours in the original post doesn't look too convincing.

i'm sure there has been a mix up and it'll be sorted out.

this is most likely a pretty much isolated incident because I don't seem to remember any other alerts about WHP.

then again....I don't think there's been any scam video alerts on wht before either....so you're first up for the WHT Golden Globe.

owm
    Last edited by Outlaw Web Master; 10-20-2009 at 08:57 PM.
    ()
    Life's what you make it.

no dude, this is what actually happened

According to the first scam they made
    after making a "Dispute" between my bank and their bank
    and after many tickets and posts to give them the Approval code again and again (I gave it to them about three times and they pretend that it don't exist in the post)
    the gave me the webspace, but without all this they wouldn't have given me anything

According to the second one, hell no of course they didn't pay anything and they won't.
    once it comes when they're going to pay that start playing ediots.

(sorry my english is not too good )

oh I forgot to write this

According to this sentence

don't seem to remember any other alerts about WHP
    Google it dude and you'll see lots of complains

once it comes when they're going to pay that start playing ediots.

(sorry my english is not too good )
    so it's the commission you're querying?

and if so..here's the reason..
    I see that as their "get out of paying commission" loophole....but most affiliate programs have the same policy.

I've encountered that with a few hosting company affiliate programs.

owm
    ()
    Life's what you make it.

so it's the commission you're querying?

and if so..here's the reason..

I've encountered that with a few hosting company affiliate programs.

One company even refunded my clients money but still paid me my commission a month later.

owm

Outlaw you're driving me crazyyyyyyyyyyy

Look!I'm talking about 2 issues in this Topic

1st one when they took my money and said that they took nothing

2nd one when they didn't pay the comission and please check post #4

The self refferal means the own use, that I'm going to use this account for my own

but these accounts are registered for another people not for my self and they know that very well. and check the picture I provided of the ticket, you'll find that they have no problem with it.

Their only problem is the frame thing

btw, This is the first time to try an affiliate ever and will be the last time I think

Many affiliate programs will not allow you to order yourself using your own affliate link...If the hosting plan was indeed for someone else like you say, you should have given them your affiliate link and had them sign up the right way. What you did was against their Affiliate Terms and they clearly state that. Just let it go, you're in the wrong.
    HOSTLEET.COM, LLC - Elite Website Hosting Since 2008!
    Fast Reliable Affordable Secure Friendly & Courteous
    RISK-FREE Money Back Guarantee PCI-Compliant Checkout
    U.S.A Based & Operated Read Through Our Most F.A.Q's!

Quote Originally Posted by HostLeet View Post
    Many affiliate programs will not allow you to order yourself using your own affliate link...If the hosting plan was indeed for someone else like you say, you should have given them your affiliate link and had them sign up the right way. What you did was against their Affiliate Terms and they clearly state that. Just let it go, you're in the wrong.
    I agree - and the thing is - that unless you have it in writing and signed that they were making an exception for you - the policy still stands.

If you don't believe me ... take them to court and see who wins the suit (you won't).
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Webhostingpad is owned by Omnis, by a Guy named Gary, they've been around for ever, who I've meant personallly. There legit. Your complaint dosn't seem to hold weight.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    I agree - and the thing is - that unless you have it in writing and signed that they were making an exception for you - the policy still stands.

If you don't believe me ... take them to court and see who wins the suit (you won't).
    Check Post No.4

and for the third time, I registered for my customers and provided their contact info and WHP agreed on that. and Let's say that I was against the rules in that (since they have no prblm with this) .... Then why they just don't tell me that in the first place it would be much clear. The problem that they used this stupid execuse for this frame that I showed in the video to tell me that I'm against the rules (which I showed the big difference between the 2 frames).

And the reason I didn't provide that link to my customers directly that I made offers like additional free domian and re-new the domains and staff like that so the customer would buy for sure because it was just like any other host.
    Plus in EGYPT not most of the people have a visa cards to use it online.

And I swear if I were in US I would do what you said Mike and even it would be much better at least to reach them either by phone or the company itself to TAKE A FRIENDLY VIST
    Hell with $200 it's nothing, But I just don't like the way they acts. I'v read many complains in the reviews of the company and they really know how to manipulate and come up with stupid execuses that fit perfectly to them.
    Last edited by SSHocker; 10-21-2009 at 06:36 AM. Reason: my eyes

When you have a non-tech savvy client. It is not as straight forward as you may think. Some people just don't want to deal with anything online...
    VimHost█ Providing Web Hosting since 2003: 13 Years of Dedication to our customers ~ Premium Hosting in Canada
    Email Hosting | RTMP Hosting | FFMPEG Hosting

oh WOW
    Take a look at this guys

http://i38.tinypic.com/2mqkj6p.png

do they have the righ to do that ???
    I mean is their policy says that if something like this happened they would close the account as a punishment ???
    This account even isn't mine it's for one of my customers

I did an experiment. Contacetd webhostingpad's support claiming I was interested in their aff. programe. My question was:
    Hello.
    I would like to ask about your affilate program. Tried to contact sales
    support, but they told me they are not qualified to do so and adviced to
    write to this email adress.
    My question may be a complicated one.
    I was thinking about affilate program, read TOS and came up with the
    question. What if I am affilate and a client asks me to buy one thing or
    another. I use my affilate link and my credit card, *but* I use all the
    customer data. When customer gets what he wants, he will change credit card
    details.
    This may help both me and my customer.
    The question is: would be it be regarded as "self promoting" and punishable
    according to your affilate TOS or is it OK since all the data are that of a customer?
    Thanks in advance for the answer
    Best regards
    And the answer was:
    Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our affiliate program. Yes, this would be marked as a self referral which is not allowed in our program.

To get credit for a referral through our affiliate program, you cannot purchase hosting on behalf of the customer. They need to provide their own contact information and use their own credit card.
    Regards,
    Ben
    Looks like they are interpreting as a self-promotion.

By the way - I think WHP support was good. Sorry, folks, for me pretending to be a customer.

Quote Originally Posted by maniakaz View Post
    I did an experiment. Contacetd webhostingpad's support claiming I was interested in their aff. programe. My question was:

And the answer was:

Looks like they are interpreting as a self-promotion.

By the way - I think WHP support was good. Sorry, folks, for me pretending to be a customer.
    Then why the hell did they Told me that yes I can buy them with my own card as it's shown in this ticket http://i36.tinypic.com/oaw1at.png ??????

oh WOW
    Take a look at this guys

http://i38.tinypic.com/2mqkj6p.png

do they have the righ to do that ???
    http://www.webhostingpad.com/terms.html
    Refusal of Service
    We reserve the right to refuse, cancel or suspend service at our sole discretion.
    seems it's not your lucky day mate.

Then why the hell did they Told me that yes I can buy them with my own card as it's shown in this ticket http://i36.tinypic.com/oaw1at.png ??????
    that's something you should take up with them, but more than likely they will put that down to human error or whatever.

owm
    ()
    Life's what you make it.

would someone write this in simple english ????

I don't understand it

in simple english.....any host will reserve the right to cancel, suspend or terminate an account if they decide they want to.

i don't actually see webhostingpad have done anything wrong mate, however, you should take up the issue with what the ben person told you because you may have some comeback with that.

but banging away in this thread has already had one of your accounts closed, so obviously it ain't helping your case. take it up with the owner of webhostingpad in private. that's the best way forward as i see it.

owm
    Last edited by Outlaw Web Master; 10-21-2009 at 12:21 PM.
    ()
    Life's what you make it.

Then why the hell did they Told me that yes I can buy them with my own card as it's shown in this ticket
    Either the company representative was not trained enough, did not know the answer, did not understood your question etc. In any case, it looks like what he advised was inaccurate.

Try to establish contact with them again, show them the ticket where you were ill advised, and ask for a resolution of some kind. Personally, I would not expect them to pay commissions.

But on most of the web host review sites it ranks among top 10 hosting companies.

sometimes we must all appreciate that mistakes (human error) can happen.

i know it sucks, but that's life.

as Dan said, try contacting them again and show them that ticket and try to deal with it amicably (friendly).

they can't be held as scammers because one members of their staff ill informed you, but adopting a nice approach with them might just help you a little.

good luck.

owm
    ()
    Life's what you make it.

After looking over the email maniakaz sent it appears that Ben is the rep who replied to maniakaz’s e-mail. Also, Ben is the same rep who replied to Mostafatherock ticket with similar information. I believe he misunderstood your question or that it came off as unclear. As Outlaw mentioned there is no need to drag this on any further via the forums.

Try to get it resolved with them directly in a professional manner but according to their TOS this won't go far.
    LevelHosting Inc. - Unlimited Web Hosting at your level
    cPanel, CloudLinux, LiteSpeed, RVSiteBuilder Pro, Softaculous and 24/7 Support
    Meeting the demands of high traffic web sites at an affordable price!

Check Post No.4
    It doesn't matter what a support op tells you in a ticket or live chat - they cannot and do not have the authority to over-ride a contract such as the Affiliate Terms of Service. Like I said - unless you have a letter that was mailed or faxed to you saying in writing that you were able to do what you wanted to do and it was signed by somebody capable of over-riding the contract (i.e. not a standard support operator) then you violated their Affiliate Terms.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Quote Originally Posted by waqyum View Post
    But on most of the web host review sites it ranks among top 10 hosting companies.
    because they are not reviews, they are affiliate spam

So, as you said guys this is a missunderstanding for ben to my questions.
    Anyway, I'll try to contact them again but just to get this site working back (since it's not mine and the customer had nothing to do anything with it) and see what can we figure out.
    Thanks to every body who replied and try to make it clear for me.

Sorry but I do believe WebHostingPad screw their affiliates.

I used to promote WHP through Commission Junction and I made like 15 to 20 sales a month. Ben contacted me to see if I wanted to use their in-house affiliate program, which I did.

From then, I barely made 1 or 2 sales a month so I moved back to CJ and the same day I started making sales again like I once did. But that didn't last long. After a couple of weeks, there were chargebacks on 2/3 of the sales that I made.

And no, I never bought a hosting plan from WHP using my affiliate link. There are other affiliates I know personally and they have the exact same problem with WHP.

This persons domain name is gv6v.com.

I'm assuming it has since been moved, however, if you look at the sort of stuff he is hosting which can be found here http://gv6v.com/n1/ and here http://gv6v.com/ttt/ then you can work out for yourself what's going on.

I'm sorry, but i've personally made me mind up on who is in the wrong here and who is in the right.
    The Simple Host Ltd - Premium Quality European Web Hosting - Uptime Stats
    Shared, Reseller, VPS & Dedicated Hosting
    15-Day Money Back Guarantee, Nightly Backups, Installatron, Softaculous, RVSiteBuilder PRO, Instant Setup - All as standard!
    Call (+44) 0845 300 9066 for more information.

From then, I barely made 1 or 2 sales a month so I moved back to CJ and the same day I started making sales again like I once did.
    Ouch... that sounds dubious indeed.

That is really annoying especially when you did exerted some efforts to make sure if you're not going to violate anything. I personally don't see anything unclear with your query about it, it was clear what you were planning to do and still you got a go signal reply assuring you it was okay. But in the end, you still couldn't blame them legally or something like that since it was against their tos. =(

Well, I tried to watch the videos but it seems like you have removed the videos, because I'm receiving the following error message "This video has been removed by the user." I can't say anything if I can't see any proof or any discussion from the videos you provided.

I will not classify them under "scammers"

People use the word "scam" randomly nowadays!