ASP.Net Site with MSSQL 2005

Hi...

I am looking for a company to host a relatively simple data driven ASP.Net 3.5 website and a MS SQL 2005 database. There will be minimal traffic on the website as it is for a small business and also minimal media will need to be hosted. Features like Ajax should of course also be enabled.

Data security is of importance although as the developer of the site, I would like the flexibility of being able to configure the database (run scripts) through management studio remotely.

Email features will also eventually be required.

The company should ideally be based in the UK and decent support id (and when) the need arises.

Any recommendations? What sort of price range should I be looking at?

Most companies seem to support MySQL- but this is not flexible.

Thanks

You should contact CrystalTech.com to see if they can meet your needs - they were excellent while I was with them a while back
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

I believe, shared hosting will be perfect for your requirements. What are your disk space/bandwidth requirements? Also, can you let us know your budget?
    ██ Softsys Hosting ██ - 9 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise DDoS Protection Available!

Enterprise Dedicated Servers - WHT Exclusive Windows & Linux VPS (US/UK/Singapore) - Failover Ready Cloud VM's

In addition, to your disk space/bw requirements and budget, do you care what type of Windows server you are on (i.e. Windows 2003/IIS 6.0 or Windows 2008/IIS 7.0)?
    Doug - DiscountASP.NET: ASP.NET & TFS Hosting
    - Voted "Best ASP.NET Host" by DevProConnections, Visual Studio Magazine, CodeProject, & asp.netPro Magazine
    - Data Centers Located in the USA & UK
    6 Months Hosting, No Setup Fee!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    You should contact CrystalTech.com to see if they can meet your needs - they were excellent while I was with them a while back
    Yep. CrystalTech.com is highly recommended but the original poster is looking for UK based company while CT is

Mailing & Billing Address
    CrystalTech Web Hosting, Inc.
    1125 W. Pinnacle Peak Road, Suite 103
    Phoenix, AZ 85027 USA
    Real Value Hosting - Every day hosting solutions since 2003
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting VPS Dedicated Servers True 24 x 7 x 365 Support

Hi everybody,
    Nice to meet you all here

Welcome to WHT Ryans, however, this is not the correct category for the introduction. Please visit - http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117 to introduce yourself.
    Real Value Hosting - Every day hosting solutions since 2003
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting VPS Dedicated Servers True 24 x 7 x 365 Support

Quote Originally Posted by BullionZA View Post
    Hi...

I am looking for a company to host a relatively simple data driven ASP.Net 3.5 website and a MS SQL 2005 database. There will be minimal traffic on the website as it is for a small business and also minimal media will need to be hosted. Features like Ajax should of course also be enabled.

Data security is of importance although as the developer of the site, I would like the flexibility of being able to configure the database (run scripts) through management studio remotely.

The company should ideally be based in the UK and decent support id (and when) the need arises.

Thanks
    Hi

your requirements are quite do-able. for low bandwidth you should be looking at under 10 month for quality hosting including MS SQL 2005/2008 within the UK.

Also, when speaking to hosts its good to check their servers & staff are in the UK if this is what you want.
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server.
    www.cyberhostpro.com - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat

Quote Originally Posted by BullionZA View Post
    Hi...

Thanks
    You might want to check out Discountasp.net. I know they offer a UK data center. I have used them for quite a number of years and I have always been satisfied with their services.

I am not located in the UK, but for asp.net hosting with MS SQL, you can find it from $10 to $20 per month USD.

We tend not to recommend shared hosting for business accounts. With your needs you could get your own Windows VPS and install either MSSQL Express or web edition. You will have more control over your site's security and the necessary isolation from other sites actions.

Vps hosting has a lot of advantages over a shared one. I do recommend it as well. You'll find a lot good offers too if you look around. =)