Angry ServerPronto hosting company: suspicious business practices!

ServerPronto hosting company is definitely NOT RECOMMMENDED. Please stay away from them.

ServerPronto provides no technical support whatsoever, their "technical" staff knows nothing about computers, they are only qualified to reboot the machines (which you have to wait for them to do, there is no automatic reboot),
    ServerPronto makes continuous billing mistakes (always to their advantage), and it takes months for them to fix them (if they ever do),
    ServerPronto takes down your servers for any reason and without warning,
    And more important, ServerPronto will try to steal your money from you with bogus invoices after you have settled down with them so it's a pain for you to move to another host.
    They also insist on a lot of paperwork for cancelation which is only intended to allow them to keep billing you and bugging you forever.
    It looks like a nightmare, but it's real. You can read all the details, with the actual tickets I suffered while hosting with them, here: webcomplaints.wordpress.com/warning-about-hosting-company-serverpronto-looks-cheap-and-they-are/

Quote Originally Posted by czamora View Post
    ServerPronto hosting company is definitely NOT RECOMMMENDED. Please stay away from them.

ServerPronto provides no technical support whatsoever, their "technical" staff knows nothing about computers, they are only qualified to reboot the machines (which you have to wait for them to do, there is no automatic reboot),
    ServerPronto makes continuous billing mistakes (always to their advantage), and it takes months for them to fix them (if they ever do),
    ServerPronto takes down your servers for any reason and without warning,
    And more important, ServerPronto will try to steal your money from you with bogus invoices after you have settled down with them so it's a pain for you to move to another host.
    They also insist on a lot of paperwork for cancelation which is only intended to allow them to keep billing you and bugging you forever.
    It looks like a nightmare, but it's real. You can read all the details, with the actual tickets I suffered while hosting with them, here: webcomplaints.wordpress.com/warning-about-hosting-company-serverpronto-looks-cheap-and-they-are/
    You certainly have an issue with them but if you can't provide any hard facts instead of flaming it is of little interest in this forum. I see you have exactly one post here therefore I don't care to follow your link to a wordpress.com blog you have obviously set up on purpose.

Guess he needed to get his message out PRONTO! =D

If you do happen to be a real person, is this server managed or unmanaged out of curiosity?
    Peaktera - Infrastructure as a Service
    █ Denver - VPS Virtual Private Servers | Cloud | Dedicated Servers | IP Transit | Enterprise Services | Colocation
    Peaktera - www.Peaktera.com

Sorry to hear about your bad experience i hope you find a new provider.

HostingDirect24: it's not an exclusivity of him to have such displeasure. We had the same experience with them about two years ago. And if I remember well, there was a report by that IGSoBe guy suffering on their hands also with bogus invoices and threats.

In my case, after the quarterly payment expired (they requested it prepaid as the server cost like $29/mo), they setup a new invoice, and when it got 1 day late, they added a late fee of $250 or $300 (don't remember now) to the invoice.

Quote Originally Posted by HostingDirect24 View Post
    You certainly have an issue with them but if you can't provide any hard facts instead of flaming it is of little interest in this forum. I see you have exactly one post here therefore I don't care to follow your link to a wordpress.com blog you have obviously set up on purpose.
    It's a well known fact throughout the hosting industry that ServerPronto is a terrible dedicated server provider.
    Loop Internet
    AS 394868 - Wilkes-Barre, PA
    █ Fiber Internet and Colocation
    99.999% Uptime SLA - 24/7/365 Support

It's time people realize the "cheapest" will always end up being the most "expensive". These inexpensive server offering companies have to offset their prices somehow so don't be surprised when they gouge you with late fees, bandwidth overage fees, pointless fees, etc.

It is best just to avoid them period. Is it worth saving $10/mo for a server with this company knowing (not all go into doing business with these companies knowing anything about them but should do better research) they have a bad reputation? That $10/mo you might be saving now won't be worth saving your sanity later. Check out the hosts, ask for references if you cannot find reviews and remember, just because it costs less monthly doesn't mean you will save money in the long run.
    Peaktera - Infrastructure as a Service
    █ Denver - VPS Virtual Private Servers | Cloud | Dedicated Servers | IP Transit | Enterprise Services | Colocation
    Peaktera - www.Peaktera.com

These guys, wow.

Today I received an email out of the blue stating that my overdue balance was going to be reported to the credit agencies if not paid in full.

I canceled my server over a year ago and was current on all billing at the time. Months pass and they email again stating it was never canceled, so I re-fax them everything and they state on March 5,2009 all is well. And I never hear back from them......

So today that email shows up and I frantically call the number listed over and over until I get through. I some how get connected to someone else calling IN for the same issue. How in the hell does this happen?

Anyone have any luck contacting someone worthwhile at this place? I cannot have a mark on my credit due to working for the DoD, so I want to resolve this quickly.
    Jason Biel

I just received the same email about 10 minutes ago.
    I smell a lawsuit, maybe a class-action one?

http://twitter.com/search?q=serverpronto

Looks like it was wide spread.
    Jason Biel

got this response to my email from yesterday

There was a small balance (under $5) on the account, and this is why the message was sent.
    We have zero'd out your account.
    We apologize for the inconvenience, please disregard that message.
    Jason Biel

Quote Originally Posted by jbiel View Post
    http://twitter.com/search?q=serverpronto

Looks like it was wide spread.
    Wow, talk about dozens and dozens of upset customers. I don't think this is the kind of World Wide Rave that David Meerman Scott was talking about...

Quote Originally Posted by ReadyRick View Post
    Wow, talk about dozens and dozens of upset customers. I don't think this is the kind of World Wide Rave that David Meerman Scott was talking about...
    I agree when seeing that twitter search result i wonder if they did it on purpose?