Smile Recommend me a good webhost

Hi guys,

recently i have been scouting around for a good host that offer hot linking/file sharing.

I'm looking for speed, great server up time and good customer support.

My budget is anything under $20 per month.
    Since my files are usually under 1mb, Space wise, anything above 10gig, bandwidth anything above 10 gig too and unlimited domains if that's even possible + a good Control panel. (i don't really trust those "unlimited" space & bandwidth, so afraid of getting conned)

I went through the web hosting advertising section of this forum and contacted some of them directly. Seems like hot linking is usually not allowed.

I'm new to web hosting stuff so pardon my "newbie-ness" and also my english

Here's why i'm looking for such hosting
    I'm a freelance designer who does web design (uncoded) but once its done and coded by a friend of mine, on request i host certain pictures/files at f i l e d e n.c o m . They're great but recently their servers just went down and it's been a week (probably more) and its not fixed yet.All my files link are broken. Before my clients notice the broken links on their site, i'd better do something and may be get myself a website while at it.

Thanks in advance guys.

Do you have any preferred control panel or have you had any experiences with any control panels before?

Thanks for replying,

i have no prefered control panels...as long they're in english and straight forward, im okay with it and i have no experience on control panels at all. Played around with Demo control panel though (some sites have demo ones).

Are you looking for Windows or Linux?

One of the simplest control panels (and most popular) is cPanel.

You have a pretty reasonable budget, you should check out the offers forum here at WHT and see if anything meets your requirements.
    [[ Reyox Communications / USA based cloud servers & support / 9 years of hosting websites ]]
    [[ Affordable ASP.NET4, ColdFusion, PHP & MS-SQL, MySQL, cPanel/WHM & Windows Reseller Hosting + Virtual Private Servers ]]
    (www.reyox.com) - Mention WHT and get a discount on your first month!

Well are you sure the hosting providers that you have contacted specifically prohibits hot linking? Using the hosting space as file storage is normally not allowed industry wide but hot linking should not be too much of a problem.
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

Do you need any kind of databases (mysql, MSSQL, Oracle, etc?) or any programation language such as ASP, PHP?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

PHP may be yea...other than that i dont this so. My site will probably showcase my portfolio or just a blog

and yea, some say hotlinking = no, i found one that allows hotlinking but the site doesn't seem convincing enough for me. The "live" reply was just links to their webpages.

I really appreciate the replies guys.

network solutions seems fine..

but i will still scout for more. There is so many here than what i found on google

network solutions seems fine..

but i will still scout for more. There is so many here than what i found on google
    There certainly is not shortage of hosting companies. Not all of them, even big and old like Networksolutions, are equally good. Arguably, one of the best tools around to do your research on them is http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php

As for 300/3000GB offers, they're virtually unlimited anyway. If you were to really use that much, with very few exceptions, your real option should be a dedicated server.

avoid network solutions, their service is horrible and their support worst, beside of the fact of the shady tactics of "kidnap" domains when you search for the availability of it on their site.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Alright Jedito, thanks & noted that. I'm loving this forum already. Thanks for the fast reply guys.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeses View Post
    Alright Jedito, thanks & noted that. I'm loving this forum already. Thanks for the fast reply guys.
    No problem. Do let us know if you have any questions.
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized