I can't say that I can recommend CheapVPS's (VAServ) services to anyone. In the end of July, I bought a VPS from them.

Had some initial troubles with the set up - they accidently set up 2 VPS's for me and set the wrong amount of memory, but that was solved by sending a support ticket. Wanted Debian instead of CentOS, another support ticket.

In the end of August, I canceled it - mostly because I didn't need it anymore. However, September already came and I was charged for the VPS. I sent a ticket to their billing department asking for a refund, and they gave it to me, no problem there.

I go on with everyday life, until October comes. I guess I forgot to cancel the PayPal subscription for my VPS because I'm charged for it once again. I promptly cancel the subscription and fire off a support ticket.

This time, they're insanely slow to respond to this. I sent a ticket in on Oct 1. and I get a response on the 8th: they ask me for a PayPal transaction ID. I send it to them, and I haven't received any reply since.

On Oct. 15 I tried adding a new comment to my support ticket, but I still have not received any response.

Today, I try to nag their live chat salesperson and they tell me that they've "added a note on my ticket for the billing department".

Wonder if that's going to change a thing. How do I get my money back?