Looking for cheap colocation in New Jersey or New York
    something around $50

Preferably
    100mbit port
    1Gig Bandwidth
    remote reboot

Let me know if anybody knows colocation for this price. Thanks

have you tried using http://www.datacentermap.com/
    This site is great for finding Data Centers all over the world.
    I would try using that first.

Also, are you restricted to that area?

The cheapest I've seen for NY colo was the Ny NOC.. also I can guarantee I can count the amount of choices you'll have for providers on my left hand at that price.

Thanks guys, 100 is way to much for me. And yes i need only NJ or NY to get nice ping have to be somewhere local.
    i remember about a year ago one guy from this forum was offering colo for $70 but i can find this thread now
    50-80 would the best, with setup fees, doesn't matter. thanks

Contact www.interserver.net, they may be able to work it out.

I couldn't find where Honelive offer colocation, and interserver charges $100

$50 is pretty cheap for the amount of power that a 1u could pull and really any amount of bandwidth. If you do end up finding colocation for that price, I would also be sure to research the quality of the facility (ie. make sure you're at least on a UPS, and that your server won't get stolen from the place ).

With colocation there will also of course be other costs to consider like shipping, remote hands fees, and potential hardware replacements down the line. A cheap dedicated or even a VPS may be a better fit for the money where you're at.
    Corey Northcutt | Northcutt
    Competitive inbound marketing with a hosting industry competency.
    Social | Content | Optimization | Outreach

thanks qwidjib0 will check on that. Why dedicated server cheaper than just colocation? I would go for dedicated, but i already have custom server...

That actually comes up for discussion here a lot. It's not uncommon for 1u colocation to be more expensive than a dedicated server. A few reasons for this are:

- Dealing with foreign hardware (shipping, unique rails, poorly designed chassises, etc.) can all cause an extra burden on techs
    - A foreign server may use an undetermined amount of power, while hosts usually know how much power their own servers eat (and have probably done some homework to make this as efficient as possible)
    - Foreign hardware is likely different and potentially more difficult to troubleshoot, replacement hardware isn't on hand so handling shipping comes into play again, etc.

Of course, dedicated still isn't always the best option, especially if you have a very high end server that you're colocating. In either case, best of luck.
    Corey Northcutt | Northcutt
    Competitive inbound marketing with a hosting industry competency.
    Social | Content | Optimization | Outreach