Exclamation directspace.net vs corenetworks.net

Hello,

Please let me know what you think about these two hosting companies

directspace.net and corenetworks.net

Which one has a better network and support ?

I am want to rent a dedicated server so the network and the tech. support are very important.

Thank you !

I've no experience with directspace, but I reluctantly gave up my corenetworks server a while back for purely financial reasons. Corenetworks' network isn't awful, for the most part it's quite stable. Only real problems I can think of is:

a) they tended to have an extra 20-30ms ping time to other comparable hosts (having said that though, a quick test ping to corenetworks.net right now and it's nowhere near as elevated as it used to be... perhaps they added some routes since I canceled), and

b) because they allow IRC and are dirt cheap, they occasionally prove to be a magnet for DDoS. Most of the time they jump on this quickly and mitigate it, but every now and then they simply get one that's too large for their pipes and it'll take them a bit to fix it.

Their support when I last used it was absolutely wonderful - Chemito for one never seems to sleep. I buggered up my server and it wouldn't boot, I needed KVMoIP hooked up in a hurry and they had it going within minutes.

You definitely get more than you're paying for with them, if you're not expecting a "premium" network for $30 a month then I find it very hard to believe anyone's disappointed with them.
    I used to run the oldest commercial Mumble host.

Quote Originally Posted by fwaggle View Post
    I've no experience with directspace, but I reluctantly gave up my corenetworks server a while back for purely financial reasons. Corenetworks' network isn't awful, for the most part it's quite stable. Only real problems I can think of is:

a) they tended to have an extra 20-30ms ping time to other comparable hosts (having said that though, a quick test ping to corenetworks.net right now and it's nowhere near as elevated as it used to be... perhaps they added some routes since I canceled), and

b) because they allow IRC and are dirt cheap, they occasionally prove to be a magnet for DDoS. Most of the time they jump on this quickly and mitigate it, but every now and then they simply get one that's too large for their pipes and it'll take them a bit to fix it.

Their support when I last used it was absolutely wonderful - Chemito for one never seems to sleep. I buggered up my server and it wouldn't boot, I needed KVMoIP hooked up in a hurry and they had it going within minutes.

You definitely get more than you're paying for with them, if you're not expecting a "premium" network for $30 a month then I find it very hard to believe anyone's disappointed with them.

I am looking for a dedicated server ..aprox 1100 USD/year(not $30 a month) and I am not sure which one to choose... corenetworks.net or directspace.net

Quote Originally Posted by melchi View Post

I am looking for a dedicated server ..aprox 1100 USD/year(not $30 a month) and I am not sure which one to choose... corenetworks.net or directspace.net
    Well even for $90/month, my point still stands. Don't expect Softlayer-esque performance/stability out of CoreNetworks and I don't see how you'd be disappointed.
    I used to run the oldest commercial Mumble host.