Steadcom WTF ??????

my sites are down ,for I cant even say how long , but I checked 12 hours ago and they were down
    so I contacted steadcom support ticket
    but didnt get response , so I saw dimitri was on msn , so I told him about my problem , he would be looking at it , asked him an update after maybe 40 mins , he told me update would come through ticket system , I said ok

since then I have slept , went to check if I got the update
    no ...nothing...

send some more remarks but still no report , must be at least 24 hours , also no more responses from dimitri on msn ????

I'm seriously worried about my sites
    and my business with them

I'm with them for at least more then a year
    it looks like a ghost company at the moment , no responses I'm so frustrated about it , that is why I post here

Lawrence

Have you tried giving them a ring? 1-877-783-2348
    Or tried their live chat?

It is always frustrating when a host does not communicate with its customers. Unfortunately there is not much that you can do unless you have a backup and move to a new host either temporarily or permanently.

They do appear to have a 99.99% network SLA so you might be able to get some money back for this downtime.
    Custom Cloud Solutions - innoix.com

I was in similair situation after HDD failure/data loss recently and I was about to pack bags away from them, but after a few half angry/frustrated tickets they started to cooperate as they should in first place, and everything was resolved as best it could, so I decided to give them another chance and so far so good.
    Unlike some other hosts which I experienced lately they aren't bad host at all and they treat user with respect, but it seems like they need to be poked a bit sometimes when things go wrong...
    I am sure that they will solve your issue when they "wake up" and I hope that this will happens soon.
    Please let us know

That's a bit long for your site to be down, they should update your ticket to keep you in the loop..
    Respectfully,
    Mr. Terrence

I have gotten response , first they didn't realy understand
    that my sites were down
    eventhough I opened my ticket say that my sites seem down
    anyway they said they overlooked that and thought it was about direct admin .

wel after some sorting out , it seems it is because of their migration project .

Now my sites are still down as they are waiting on direct admin
    to send new stuff as the ip's of my server are blocked by their new place. well for me it sucks a lot but **** can happen
    and this is very ******

thanks for the reply's will keep you posted if the sites are up again

still nothing has changed they are still waiting for direct admin
    and they don't take any responsibility it's because direct admin is slow
    well how long are these things supposed to take, and if they knew what they were doing would this have happened I have no idea , have like 50 blogs which are being offline for more then 24 hours , which is costing me surely

Direct admin is slow activating licenses or changing ip addresses at times but not this slow.

Well another update here ,

direct admin was delivered to them and they said it would take some moments for the site t show up , well after an hour or so I told them nothing shows up , but no reply , another day I tell them again my sites are not showing up and now I'm still waiting on them , I'm really worried about my business with steadcom , they seemed a good company found them on here , but unfortunately this choice is costing me money and frustrates me alot

Whoa, you have a lot of patience, i agree with keeping you inform all the time.

Again sorry to hear about your experience, hope all goes well.

well patient or not what are my options have 50 blogs on that vps

Still no solution? After my own experience now reading this I am not really sure about them anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by LawrenceV View Post
    well patient or not what are my options have 50 blogs on that vps
    Well you can start looking for a new provider?

Do you have an control panel on your VPS? cpanel, plesk? do you have backup?

Quote Originally Posted by TheServerExperts View Post
    Well you can start looking for a new provider?

Do you have an control panel on your VPS? cpanel, plesk? do you have backup?

He said earlier in this thread that he was using direct admin.
    mainstreamnetworks.net
    Instant vps setup
    Cpanel/WHM Direct Admin

I have no back ups but I do pay steadcom to have backups

Quote Originally Posted by LawrenceV View Post
    I have no back ups but I do pay steadcom to have backups
    Biggest mistake you can EVER make!

I don't care who the provider is, how long they have been around, or how much you pay them, MAKE YOUR OWN BACKUPS!

Good luck with getting this rectified.

yes indeed a big mistake , how should I handle making own back ups in the future do you have any time saving advice or strategy for handling having own back ups

http://www.r1soft.com/ comes highly recommend on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by TheServerExperts View Post
    http://www.r1soft.com/ comes highly recommend on this forum.
    Does not work under Virtuozzo or OpenVZ based VPS unless installed directly on the hardware node.

If you are using DA then it has a built in backup system which you may take advantage of. You can also utilize RSync.

well last update my sites are online after 48 hours at least i think
    but I'm relieved to see them online again
    due to their migration the ips had changed , so I had to contact my registrar to make changes and that seemed to fix the problem

well just checked my stats , and it shows that I have been offline for 13 days , unfortunately this happened in the same time my pc crashed and I didn't check my sites , well they changed the ip's of the name servers and didn't even tell me , my fault that I dont have something set to warn me if my sites are offline , important lesson , pffff