* Enom quickly becoming more worthless?

Just curious if anyone has noticed nothing but copy-paste responses from Enom for the past while, whereas not even a year ago you could obtain some semblance of a human response from them.

An example is recently a client of ours had their domain go 'missing' from our Enom account, expire & now we're unable to renew it while sitting waiting for Enom to respond for ~15+ hours now. Understand I don't expect instantaneous responses for something like 'low margin' domains (Although there should be some semblance of profit in the obscene amount I send them monthly) but to get a copy-paste response telling me to check the knowledgebase is riding my nerves.

Did they all just decide to kick off at the beach and sip margaritas?
    Discuss.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

I think that such problems and response delays can be explained by the fact that Enom is dynamically developed company that continuously increases its scales. No doubts that this makes it more reliable.

So that explains why they're pumping out copy-paste responses when my client has been offline for what's going on ~24+ hours now?
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Understand I don't expect instantaneous responses for something like 'low margin' domains (Although there should be some semblance of profit in the obscene amount I send them monthly) but to get a copy-paste response telling me to check the knowledgebase is riding my nerves.
    In my opinion, thats what happens when a company grows.

They have to provide an online chat , phone number for emergency no matte what kind of extension or domain name. At the end, that may cause a whole business go down just because of a domain name.

If you have the Auth-Code try to transfer it out to another registrar.
    MBT
    SiberName.com is an ICANN/CIRA/Eurid Accredited Registrar. since 2000.

Canadian Registrar for .CA Domain Names Registrations. Canadian Web Site Hosting Service Provider.

So that explains why they're pumping out copy-paste responses when my client has been offline for what's going on ~24+ hours now?
    It has little to do with growth or lack thereof. It is much more likely when a company is engaged in a race to the bottom and is determined to win. As such, they must rely on lowest common denominator "support".

For high profile domains you may wish to use easydns.com

As the owner explains in his blog, he would rather do profitable business that he is proud of delivering rather than doing all the business he can. He states that he charges more, but uses the money to supply quality support using Canadian based personnel. He is as outspoken as the owner of godaddy, but holds the opposite viewpoint. The company blog is on the site, and that blog links to his personal blog. A recommended read.

Another good company is gkg.net. They are less upfront about delivering responsive support, but do so anyways. They are at the same price point as enom.

Support emails to both of these companies have always answered the question that was asked in a useful manner on the first response. Sometimes, it takes a followup to get additional information, but that is for really esoteric questions. Of course, at both companies you have the option of just picking up the phone.
    edgedirector.com
    managed dns global failover and load balance (gslb)
    exactstate.com
    uptime report for webhostingtalk.com

We submit support tickets ourselves, and on behalf of our many resellers every day... and I have not noticed any decline in support.

I expect a reply within 24 hours. Anything before that and I am happier, but it is unexpected.

(And when there is the odd time when instant or more rapid support is absolutely required, then we simply call them on the phone instead of submitting a ticket. Or we submit the ticket and then call them immediately after...)
    Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy View Post
    We submit support tickets ourselves, and on behalf of our many resellers every day... and I have not noticed any decline in support.

I expect a reply within 24 hours. Anything before that and I am happier, but it is unexpected.

(And when there is the odd time when instant or more rapid support is absolutely required, then we simply call them on the phone instead of submitting a ticket. Or we submit the ticket and then call them immediately after...)
    I can agree with this enom support is great and fast.

Just curious if anyone has noticed nothing but copy-paste responses from Enom for the past while, whereas not even a year ago you could obtain some semblance of a human response from them.

An example is recently a client of ours had their domain go 'missing' from our Enom account, expire & now we're unable to renew it while sitting waiting for Enom to respond for ~15+ hours now. Understand I don't expect instantaneous responses for something like 'low margin' domains (Although there should be some semblance of profit in the obscene amount I send them monthly) but to get a copy-paste response telling me to check the knowledgebase is riding my nerves.

Did they all just decide to kick off at the beach and sip margaritas?
    Discuss.
    hm.. looks like Enom are very selective about whom and what to answer. From own experience - till this September their support was really slow and sometimes irritatingly "copy/pasting". But now they reply almost right away after ticket is submited (this depends on the department though) so this is very strange to hear about your unpleasant experience with them..