How many websites can stand on VPS ?

Hello,
    I have a question, but it may be stupid.
    Questions is how many websites can stand on VPS with following configurations ?
    I'm asking this because Can I install whm reselling script like whmphp ? or WHM Reseller creator ?
    It enables to create master reseller and whm reseller respectively. So there will be huge number of websites, databases, emails hosted on VPS
    So which one to choose ?

Disk space - 10 GB
    Bandwidth - 200 GB
    Burst. RAM - 256 MB
    Gurnt. RAM - 128 MB
    Max CPU Usage (per CPU) - 80 %
    OS - CentOS 5.3

Disk space - 20 GB
    Bandwidth - 400 GB
    Burst. RAM - 512 MB
    Gurnt. RAM - 256 MB
    Max CPU Usage (per CPU) -
    OS - CentOS 5.3

Disk space - 30 GB
    Bandwidth - 800 GB
    Burst. RAM - 1024 MB
    Gurnt. RAM - 512 MB
    Max CPU Usage (per CPU) -
    OS - CentOS 5.3

Thank you
    ██ Website Hosting Mumbai | Web Hosting India
    ██ Web Hosting Unleashed
    ██ cPanel-Softaculous Shared Hosting | 99.9% Uptime
    ██ sales[at]linkwayhosting.com | +91-9930-3388-67

Are the max CPU figures the same for the second and third configuration?

Sorry I wouldn't have a straight answer for you, but it would help to know how the VPS node is configured. What type of RAID is setup is very important as RAM does play as a factor but disk I/O is more important and is usually what limits the performance of a VPS.
    Right Servers Inc. - Fully Managed Cloud Servers in Canada. Join our White Labelled WHMCS Cloud VPS Reseller Program to become your own host!
    SSD Accelerated Cloud | cPanel/WHM | Softaculous | Idera Backups | Bitcoin & Litecoin Accepted

Ohh Sorry, by mistake, I forgot to mention it

For
    1. It is 80%
    2. It is 100 %
    3. It is 120%

Here is the main server configuration.

CPU: 2 x Intel Xeon E5310 1.6 Ghz (8 Cores)
    Hard Drives: 4 x 150 GB 10 000 RPM HDDs in RAID 5
    RAM: 12 GB
    Network Card: 1 Gbit
    Operating System: Debian Linux
    Back up: RAID 5
    ██ Web Hosting Unleashed

I have a question, but it may be stupid.
    Questions is how many websites can stand on VPS with following configurations ?
    There isn't an answer. It may not run a single site or it may run 10K sites. It all depends on resource requirements of each individual website

AS tcstatic said it really depends on what you are running and how resource intensive they are. You can load 100+ websites and barely notice any hit performance wise or 1 website can bring you down.

You need to get a better idea as to how much resources your sites will use and then take it from there.

One major factor would be how high the traffic will be on these websites, any idea?

Or are you just planning to resell and see how it goes?

Well, the packages you mention are based on cPanel, so unless you're willing to do some radical reconfiguration then we can make some comments just based on the guaranteed memory:
    1. 128MB is totally unsuitable.
    2. 256MB is just barely enough to run cPanel in default config with a few very low-traffic sites.
    3. 512MB is the only one I'd consider, and even on that you'll probably find the 1GB burst severely limiting.

But based on a "huge number of websites, databases, emails hosted on VPS" I'd suggest starting with at least 512MB SLM (or a Xen VPS with 512MB plus swap) and see how you go. Either of those would be far more capable than number 3 above. Once you start reselling (and particularly if you choose to offer master reseller accounts) you'll probably need to upgrade to a dedicated server soon anyway.

The key point is this: When calculating your budget, don't imagine you'll be able to use a cheap VPS to sell hosting, let alone reseller or master resellers.

Also, have you thought about a fully-managed VPS? If you don't have experience managing a server yourself then it's really a requirement.
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

In my opinion, first, you would have to figure out the requirements of each individual website. Then, you would need to figure out the requirements of the Cpanel, WHMphp, etc. From there, you can roughly figure out what are the requirements required from a VPS

Without the initial information gathering, it would be difficult to decide which VPS packages/specifications would be suitable for your needs
    Reviews and Articles of Clouds & VPS Hosting Services within Asia and Oceania Region - https://www.cloudspace.my

You could probably run hundreds of purely-static sites on the configurations you list. However, if the sites will be mostly dynamic content (for example, based on PHP and lots of MySQL queries), you could run a single site or a few very small sites that don't require a lot of memory. You should also take into account the fact that the control panel you run on the VPS will take up quite a bit of memory as well.
    Rock Solid Shared, Reseller and VPS Solutions
    Cpanel/WHM, Fantastico de Luxe, Installatron, RVSkin, RVSiteBuilder, 24/7 Support
    FFMPEG, ImageMagick, PHP5, Ruby On Rails, Subversion, Trac, PDO, Zend
    DashingHost - Fast (dashing) Web Hosting

So whats the use of VPS ?
    Is it just for static websites and person things ?
    ██ Web Hosting Unleashed

Ignore the burst RAM - you need to worry about the guaranteed RAM. When that node gets busy, you'll be throttled to that level and your sites could choke.

If you're running cPanel I wouldn't do it on anything less than 512MB guaranteed if you want to run a stable service. cPanel's absolute minimum id 256MB but even with that it doesn't run well, and you generally need to disable services to compile.

There's no hard and fast rule to how many plans you could fit on there - but with just 512MB guaranteed RAM, it's not going to be a huge number.
    Jo Stonehouse - Kualowww.kualo.com
    Shared Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Cloud VPS & Dedicated Servers
    UK: 0800 138 3235 ❘ USA: 1-800-995-8256

Quote Originally Posted by tcstatic View Post
    There isn't an answer. It may not run a single site or it may run 10K sites. It all depends on resource requirements of each individual website

agreed.

If they are all html websites even with moderate traffic you can run lots of them. But when you get php forums sites that become moderate traffic it is going to take up resources.
    Inode Hosting - Reliable Web Hosting for the right price.
    Shared & Reseller hosting featuring the industry leading cpanel
    99.9% Uptime Guarantee ,30 Day Money Back Guarantee ,24/7 Support
    Established since 2011

I see these threads way too often. You guys need to start doing searches before asking questions. I'd bet there have been at least 50-100 threads that are identical to this one within the past 2/3 months.
    NEPA Fiber
    AS 394868 - Wilkes-Barre, PA
    █ Fiber Internet, Dedicated Servers, Colocation, Cloud
    100% Uptime SLA - 24/7/365 Support

Quote Originally Posted by Hiveon View Post
    I see these threads way too often. You guys need to start doing searches before asking questions. I'd bet there have been at least 50-100 threads that are identical to this one within the past 2/3 months.
    I know there are tons of threads like this 1 on here. But google it and you'll find millions. =)
    Inode Hosting - Reliable Web Hosting for the right price.
    Shared & Reseller hosting featuring the industry leading cpanel
    99.9% Uptime Guarantee ,30 Day Money Back Guarantee ,24/7 Support
    Established since 2011

512MB with cPanel It will run but it will not function well if you have PHP/MySQL sites that uses too much resources.
    Learning...

Well if you want a straight answer if they are small sites you won't need to worry about that for a while if your just starting out.
    VPSforMe.com - OpenVZ Virtualization with SolusVM Control Panel on High Quality Servers.
    VPSforMe.com - Inexpensive VPSs with great features.
    VPSforMe.com - 24/7 Ticket Support with FAST Replies
    VPSforMe.com - CEO Jackson H - [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Dedicatedone View Post

Sorry I wouldn't have a straight answer for you, but it would help to know how the VPS node is configured. What type of RAID is setup is very important as RAM does play as a factor but disk I/O is more important and is usually what limits the performance of a VPS.
    Agree 10000% with this post. I've learned more about how much disk sucks by working with VPS (Kernel Virtual Machine).
    Plan to invest a decent amount into storage infrastructure to be competitive in this area.
    With a simple raid10 setup, you can probably run 4 VMs, but will likely run into disk IO issues (high load, high wa%, weird kernel error messages that shouldn't exist (CPU Stuck for XX seconds)).

If you're tinkering you're probably in good shape with what you have on hand
    Darkscape Inc - Web Hosting
    █ 24x7x365 Phone/Helpdesk Support
    █ 1-888-DARKSCAPE (888-327-5722)

There is no answer for your question. It depends on the traffic of your website.