Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hivelocity Outage [merged]

Server with Hivelocity was down 2 hours last night. Their helpdesk was down too! When it's up, one of the hard drives is missing. All websites are down because database failure due to the drive. My clients are very upset.

I have been using Hivelocity for years and the uptime is very inconsistent. Last months, my connection to my hub was disconnected without notice. I asked them and they told me I don't have any hub. This caused my database to go own because the local network ip changed. My friend with Hivelocity have same bad experience. I recommended him to Hivelocity years ago. Now I feel bad. I am also using softlayer which is lot better. But it's hard to move everything.

Now there's no one answering live chat

After 2.5 hours, still nobody's checking. I can see it via remote desktop not sure if this is how they treat Critical ticket. All sites remain down.

My server with hivelocity is also down for last 17 hours. I was informed that the hdd is down and advised to reload os. Even 9 hours after lodging the ticket to reload os, nothing has been done, no information, online support has no information. They say that the support ticket would give me reply.

I have sent a mail to HivelocityGM to but no reply till now...

My all the sites are down.

Don't know what to do...

Your case is even worst. Finally my server is up after 5.5 hours. I still appreciate their hard work. I will try to move out although it's a bit tough with all the ips, dns, files, and settings, and hope it won't happen again before that.

Hivelocity connectivity issue

I am unable to access one of my server in hivelocity as well hivelocity.net site, many of our customers are also complaining of site down in this server.

However I checked through proxy sites are up.

Anyone else facing problem in connecting to hivelocity server.

We also noticed a connectivity issue which just recovered a few minutes ago.

Quote Originally Posted by maithily View Post
    My server with hivelocity is also down for last 17 hours. I was informed that the hdd is down and advised to reload os. Even 9 hours after lodging the ticket to reload os, nothing has been done, no information, online support has no information. They say that the support ticket would give me reply.

I have sent a mail to HivelocityGM to but no reply till now...

My all the sites are down.

Don't know what to do...
    I have looked through all the tickets and there is only one with your situation and the tickets are replied to. I have replied to any and all emails sent to me.

We provide application hosting and with the nature of this business, we always receive complaints. It's just how you deal with complaints and resolve issues.

Looks like they are down again. At 11:01 my ssh stopped responding and I"m getting 90% packet loss from my home connection and from my dormant SL server.

Yeah they are down again, third day in a row. This time it's effecting a large portion though.

Definitely latent to the point of being down. Traceroutes FWIW , from inside the server, though it is taking a LOT of time to go through (due to latency):

traceroute to google.com (74.125.53.100), 30 hops max, 40 byte packets
    1 74.50.117.1 (74.50.117.1) 1.100 ms 2.952 ms 3.052 ms
    2 69.46.31.97 (69.46.31.97) 11.988 ms * *
    3 * * *
    4 * * *
    5 * * *
    6 * * *
    7 * * *
    8 * * *
    9 * * *
    10 * * *
    11 * * *
    12 * * *
    13 * * *
    14 * * *
    15 * * *
    16 * * *
    17 * * *
    18 *
    [Load: 1.90] [Time: 10:07:26]
    traceroute microsoft.com
    traceroute to microsoft.com (207.46.197.32), 30 hops max, 40 byte packets
    1 74.50.117.1 (74.50.117.1) 2.081 ms 2.329 ms 4.045 ms
    2 * * *
    3 * * *
    4 * * *
    5 * * *
    6 * * *
    7 * * *
    8 * * *
    9 * * *
    10 * * *
    11 * * *
    12 * * *
    13 * * *
    14 * * *
    15 * * *
    16 * * *
    17 * * *
    18 * * *
    19 * * *
    20 * * *
    21 * * *
    22 * * *
    23 * * *
    24 * * *
    25 * * *
    26 * * *
    27 * * *
    28 * * *
    29 * * *
    30 * * *

I cannot reach them also

Quote Originally Posted by datingsoftwares View Post
    We provide application hosting and with the nature of this business, we always receive complaints. It's just how you deal with complaints and resolve issues.
    As I mentioned in a previous post. The majority of the folks who have recently complained here about getting their ips null-routed or there servers pulled offline fit into 1 of 3 categories.

1. They blatantly abused our network and made no effort to correct it.
    2. They blatantly abused our network and the only efforts they made were to and hide the abuse by moving things to different ips.
    3. They simply lack the skill or effort it takes to manage a server and let their servers abuse perhaps without even knowing what was going on. But we certainly cant let ignorance be a reason for letting someone repeatedly spam.

That being said, we are not perfect and we have already and will continue to review our abuse policies and procedures. The last thing we want is to adversely affect someones business who is not blatantly abusing the network and willing to react accordingly and timely.

However, if someone purchases a self-managed server then they are accepting responsibility for managing that server, ensuring bad things are not going on and promptly responding to abuse issues. Not knowing how to manage a server, laziness and vacation are not excuses to let things run amuck.

I want to reiterate, we are reviewing our abuse procedures. Everyone deserves a fair amount of time to resolve an issue.

Hey Everyone, we are working on it. Something is going on with one of our routers. Give me a few minutes for an update.

Must be an important router, since it seems to have taken out _everything_ Thanks for update.

how much long will this take?

Everything should be back up now, just maybe a little slow. Everything will be back to normal in just a few minutes.

Everything should be back to normal now.

It's not back to normal at all. We are seeing connectivity errors all over the place.

I cannot send backups to bqbackup the connection keeps dropping and timing out. I have just attempted a third rsync and once again the connection has frozen after 200mb of data.

Absolutely useless.

Quote Originally Posted by c0bra View Post
    It's not back to normal at all. We are seeing connectivity errors all over the place.

I cannot send backups to bqbackup the connection keeps dropping and timing out. I have just attempted a third rsync and once again the connection has frozen after 200mb of data.

Absolutely useless.
    Send me a PM with your ip or contact information. I have a lot of people telling me and my techs all is back to normal. If you are not experiencing the same we need to check it out.

Still down for us. We have 1 server there which I think we are going to move later tonight. Way to much downtime lately.

Quote Originally Posted by mainstreamnet View Post
    Still down for us. We have 1 server there which I think we are going to move later tonight. Way to much downtime lately.
    PM me your ip so I can get it looked into immediately.

Just came up a few minutes ago.

4+ Hour Downtime with Hivelocity =[[[

So frustrated with Hivelocity at the moment.

At first my server went down and I was told to run a Tracert because I couldn't access the WHM - and the tracert revealed routing issues on hivelocity's end. I submitted a ticket marked critical and after 20 minutes it was fixed.

5 minutes later the same exact issue - the same routing issue and my site goes down again.

It gets fixed in another 10 minutes and right around now it's 5:50 AM and I haven't slept yet so I tell the same support guy in the ticket I'll be heading out and I hope this issue doesn't happen again [Btw, I pay for 24x7 Ping monitoring on their silver managed service, so I figure if anything happens they'll at least reboot the server or look into it]

I wake up at 2PM and BAM my server is once again down - likely down for at least 4 hours. I reply to my critical ticket and no response in 45 mins so far. I was told by live chat they were looking into it. This is ridiculous! What's the point of paying for the 24/7 monitoring if they don't even do anything until I bring the issue to them?

Update; Over an hour on my critical support ticket. The previous 'techs are working on it' reply was from a live chat technician and still no luck.
    To be fair though - I haven't had any issues with Hivelocity before this incident. My server is still down as I write this so I'm still extremely frustrated.

Now the live support button gets an error message. So frustrated at the moment and considering moving hosts if Hivelocity can't rectify this situation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast