Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Payment processing options for company in Cyprus

    I'm developing an online store with ubercart for a company with an account in Cyprus. From what I understand Paypal only lets you withdraw money from your paypal account to a credit/debit card if you're in Cyprus. Not very useful if you're a business.
    I want to keep it simple, ie use something similar to paypal website payments pro, and not go down the merchant account/payment gateway route. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by freatida View Post
    I'm developing an online store with ubercart for a company with an account in Cyprus. From what I understand Paypal only lets you withdraw money from your paypal account to a credit/debit card if you're in Cyprus. Not very useful if you're a business.
    I want to keep it simple, ie use something similar to paypal website payments pro, and not go down the merchant account/payment gateway route. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks.
    hi there, what you mean is that you want something like paypal but you dont want to get integrated with a gateway or having a merchant account? if i'm wrong please advise

  3. #3
    Yes exactly. I'd like a payment processor like paypal where I don't need a merchant account: the payment processor handles the online credit card payment and credits my account, and then I transfer the money from that account to my local bank account. It's the last step paypal won't let me do if my bank account is in Cyprus.
    Thanks for replying.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,112
    Try with Alertpay, they are also located in Cyprus and can for sure help you, alternative is 2co or Moneybookers.

    Finally you will have WorldPay which also accept merchants from Cyprus.

  5. #5
    thanks for your reply fionix but none of the providers you list are integrated with Ubercart. On its website ubercart lists supported payment solutions are:
    PayPal
    Authorize.net
    CyberSource
    PayflowPro
    PayTrace
    LinkPoint API
    Moneris
    USA ePAy
    VirtualMerchant

    AFAIK none of these support accounts in Cyprus. Do you know about this?

    There must be online stores developed with ubercart and based in Cyprus that accept online payments. What do they use I wonder?

  6. #6
    I see that ubercart does support 2co, but ideally I want a solution where the customer does not leave the website to pay.
    Also, 2co charge 10USD to wire money from 2co account to a bank account in Cyprus. Does that seem reasonable? Does paypal charge to withdraw money to a local bank account?

  7. #7
    We use Gate2Shop , support is good and they are very helpful.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by freatida View Post
    thanks for your reply fionix but none of the providers you list are integrated with Ubercart. On its website ubercart lists supported payment solutions are:
    PayPal
    Authorize.net
    CyberSource
    PayflowPro
    PayTrace
    LinkPoint API
    Moneris
    USA ePAy
    VirtualMerchant

    AFAIK none of these support accounts in Cyprus. Do you know about this?

    There must be online stores developed with ubercart and based in Cyprus that accept online payments. What do they use I wonder?
    what industry you doing?? High risk or low risk?? what is your monthly volume?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by freatida View Post
    Also, 2co charge 10USD to wire money from 2co account to a bank account in Cyprus. Does that seem reasonable? Does paypal charge to withdraw money to a local bank account?
    Reasonable is in the eye of the beholder. If you are in a high risk business or a high risk location, then you do not have the same payment processing options. The providers know this and charge accordingly.

    The paypal site and their terms of service is the definitive answer to what paypal charges.
    edgedirector.com
    managed dns global failover and load balance (gslb)
    exactstate.com
    uptime report for webhostingtalk.com

Similar Threads

  1. Payment processing options
    By firehawk1010 in forum Ecommerce Hosting & Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-28-2009, 12:59 PM
  2. How to Start a Payment Processing Company?
    By brox in forum Ecommerce Hosting & Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-13-2008, 12:11 PM
  3. Payment retreival options for a small web hosting company
    By LANSTARR in forum Running a Web Hosting Business
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-18-2004, 11:38 AM
  4. Payment options for small web hosting company?
    By WebDesignGT in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-20-2004, 04:21 PM
  5. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-28-2003, 09:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •