Question Dedicated & VPS under one roof

Hi guys.

I read the forum for a couple of month. And now I'm able to start dedicated hosting project.
    But some time ago I have read here that Virtual Private Servers became popular.

What Software do you use to house both VP and dedicated servers under one roof?

Depending on hardware configuration you can probably split one dedicated into at least 4 VPS servers. There are only two software packages that I know of for doing this...

Ensim
    http://www.ensim.com/solutions/linux/linux.html

VMware
    http://www.vmware.com/products/

I think that with VMware the licensing requires you need to use the ESX server software for running VPS servers.

Virtuozzo is another software you can use to create VPS.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!
    Get your N+1 High Availability Enterprise Cloud
    Equinix Secaucus NY2 (NYC Metro)

you could theoretically hack something together with uml, though im not sure if that would be production level stable.
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters

freevsd

Check out http://freevsd.org opensource virtual dedicated software that has a commercial version based on it at http://www.idaya.com.

FreeVSD is not a true VPS solution as it does not provide actual root or guarentee any CPU or Memory usage.

Virtuzzo
    serverXchange
    idayaVSD

I guess the best is virtuzzo for VPS solutions. You can make over 100 VPS in one machine but with serverXchange not more than 50

Originally posted by jolly
    Virtuzzo
    serverXchange
    idayaVSD

I guess the best is virtuzzo for VPS solutions. You can make over 100 VPS in one machine but with serverXchange not more than 50
    Have you tried all these? How do you know what one is the best? Just a month ago you were asking what VDS platforms are out there.

Also, is more always better?

The _ability_ to create more, IMHO, is better. How if a server is _under utilized_ even with 50 VPS accounts? Should not we be able to add more VPS on the server?

I have not tried any other VPS besides virtuozzo, so I can't compare them. But I am quite happy with virtuozzo and I will recommend it.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!
    Get your N+1 High Availability Enterprise Cloud
    Equinix Secaucus NY2 (NYC Metro)

Hi.
    Thanks to all for answers and links.

So leaders are:

Virtuzzo
    VMware
    serverXchange

Originally posted by UmBillyCord

Have you tried all these? How do you know what one is the best?
    It's exactly what I want to ask now

And what billing software do you use? Do you separate VPS and dedicated hosting plans or use one billing platform for both?

Originally posted by UmBillyCord

Have you tried all these? How do you know what one is the best? Just a month ago you were asking what VDS platforms are out there.

One month is pretty long time....