Namecheap / Paypal changes

I just tried to renew one of my domains at Namecheap using Paypal as I have done for several years. I always pay by instant paypal funds which is sourced from my bank account (not echeck), but for some reason instant funds are not possible, it is only allowing credit card payment as an option.

Now I got thinking perhaps my Paypal account was being restricted for some reason and they had blocked certain payment options. So paid a server bill with another company and instant funds were allowed and it went through.

I`m wondering if Namecheap is no longer accepting this method of payment?

When I say instant payments, I mean the bank sourced payment which is backed up with credit card - not echecks.

Quote Originally Posted by magicvorlon View Post
    I just tried to renew one of my domains at Namecheap using Paypal as I have done for several years. I always pay by instant paypal funds which is sourced from my bank account (not echeck), but for some reason instant funds are not possible, it is only allowing credit card payment as an option.

Now I got thinking perhaps my Paypal account was being restricted for some reason and they had blocked certain payment options. So paid a server bill with another company and instant funds were allowed and it went through.

I`m wondering if Namecheap is no longer accepting this method of payment?

When I say instant payments, I mean the bank sourced payment which is backed up with credit card - not echecks.
    Namecheap still takes Paypal. Do you have sufficient funds in your paypal account. Make sure you didn't mess with the order like Paypal Funds - Bank - CC.

It doesn`t matter if I don`t have the funds, it is bank account sourced backed by credit card ie: my paypal account is verified. I tried to pay the same way I have for years, but this time "instant bank transfer and echeck" was grayed out.

I never had a problem paying my server bill tonight by instant bank transfer with another company.

It doesn`t matter if I don`t have the funds, it is bank account sourced backed by credit card ie: my paypal account is verified. I tried to pay the same way I have for years, but this time "instant bank transfer and echeck" was grayed out.

I never had a problem paying my server bill tonight by instant bank transfer with another company.
    when it comes from a bank it's going to go as a eCheque. You should set it up so it goes Funds-CC-Bank.

-jacob

It shouldn`t do. There`s a difference between instant bank transfer and echeck. The former clears immediately while echeck can take a week or two. I`ve done it this way for several years, all my bills clear immediately. I would never use echeck because of the waiting period.

https://www.paypal.com/helpcenter/ma...860&isSrch=Yes

It shouldn`t do. There`s a difference between instant bank transfer and echeck. The former clears immediately while echeck can take a week or two. I`ve done it this way for several years, all my bills clear immediately. I would never use echeck because of the waiting period.

https://www.paypal.com/helpcenter/ma...860&isSrch=Yes
    Have you tried contacting namecheap?

This is a common "issue". What happens is PayPal's system automatically detects if the transaction you are doing (such as one for a new server, one for a $10 domain, or one for a computer) are "secure" to go through Instant Transfer. Instant Transfer, by PayPal's standards, is considered to be the most un-secure type. This is due to the fact that you can't chargeback like a credit card and you can't cancel the instant transfer, it pulls ACH DEBIT from your bank account.

A few months ago, our Verified PayPal stopped taking "instant transfers"; so I switched to using my ATM debit card. This can hold kinda annoying for large 5K+ transactions that don't work/are detected as fraud by my banks ATM card services.

However, I don't have that many 5-10k transactions, and when I do, I just call the bank.

Instant Transfer's didn't work at all for me - I noticed this over 500 transactions with 300 different buyers, amounts, and costs from 10+ countries - it just didn't show up (was grey and un-clickable). I called PayPal and they opened up a developers ticket, 2-3 weeks later it started working for some transactions. But, it can't be fixed fully - it's an automatic thing - PayPal sees the transaction as .01% insecure and it'll disable that automatic transfer.

It used to be an annoyance, but I am now OK with using my ATM card, tied directly to my bank account.

I just paid Namecheap from my PayPal balance. (verified PayPal account). No problems. I suspect you had a problem with PayPal not Namecheap as AFAIK Namecheap would not know how you were funding your PayPal account - just if it was a verified on unverified PayPal account.

I think it's simply PayPals system that's rendering the decision here. We pay alot of merchants with PayPal and recently found ourselves being limited to $200 instant transfers. If we tried to do anything above $200 it would default to an e-check or CC.

E-check and instant transfers clear banks the same amount of time (from what i've seen with about 3-4 banks) so it doesn't make sense for PayPal to even have an e-check option, it just messes with merchants and buyers.

Prior to this we paid merchants in excess of $200 with instant transfers, im not sure all what plays into PayPals system, I think it's automated calculated risk IMO.

You can try getting an answer out of PayPal, however im pretty certain this has nothing to do with Namecheap.
    James Paul Woods
    Operations Manager
    HostKitty Internet Services

Yeah but I find it strange a $9.50 domain renewal is not possible by instant transfer, yet I can pay my server fee which is almost $80 by instant transfer.

Probably right, another Paypal quirk!!! I bet if I was to send the money to Namecheap by using their paypal email address it would go through ok.

Hello MagicVorlon,

We have not made any changes to our own internal paypal system at all. You can try transferring the funds to your own paypal account first and then you can easily submit your payment from there.
    Richard Kirkendall
    NameCheap.com

Richard,

Is there any news on when the maintenance will be wrapped up? I`ve been trying since yesterday supper time and it`s still "down" for maintenance. I have a domain that expires tomorrow, wanted to renew it soon.