DowntownHost, SharkSpace, StableHost

Hey WHT.

Thanks to many of you, I have erased some hosts that thought were good but your feedback proved me wrong (JustHost etc.)

I have narrowed it down to DowntownHost SharkSpace and StableHost.

Here's how they compare (Well they almost have all the same features so I'll jus compare space and bw

DowntownHost SILVER:
    14 GB / 300 GB
    With 25% off coupon: 5.27777777777$/month

StableHost PLUS:
    15 GB / 300 GB
    With 50% off coupon AND Free domain :3.64$/month

SharkSpace HAMMERHEAD:
    20 GB / 500 GB
    With 50% off coupon: 3.975$/month

DowntownHost has a 99% off coupon.. but I dont understand and sounds a little bit sketchy. Would be like 12 cents per month.

So in terms of reliability, and SPEED, speed is important to me, which do you suggest.
    Downtownhost: Chicago
    Stablehost: Dallas
    Sharkspace North Carolina and Kansas.

Im in Montreal, Canada, so eastern Canada. Which host would be best for me?

Chicago is the closest from my area. But yeah. I'd like to know best.
    Last edited by mkcc; 10-18-2009 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mkcc View Post
    Hey WHT.

Thanks to many of you, I have erased some hosts that thought were good but your feedback proved me wrong (JustHost etc.)

Here's how they compare (Well they almost have all the same features so I'll jus compare space and bw

DowntownHost SILVER:
    14 GB / 300 GB

StableHost PLUS:
    15 GB / 300 GB

SharkSpace HAMMERHEAD:
    20 GB / 500 GB

DowntownHost has a 99% off coupon.. but I dont understand and sounds a little bit sketchy. Would be like 12 cents per month.

So in terms of reliability, and SPEED, speed is important to me, which do you suggest.

I dont know for downtownhost, but stablehost only has a server in dallas. sharkspace has north carolina and kansas.

I've seen numerous good reviews / comments for both SharkSpace / DownTownHost - I've never really come across StableHost though (doesn't mean much).

The DTH coupon is a common theme for companies - it's merely a promotion to help branding / attract new clients / hopes of renewal. Nothing shady w/ that particular coupon (reputable company).
    Cody R.
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly Serving websites since 2004.
    Let's Encrypt Sponsor.

Hey WHT.

DowntownHost SILVER:
    14 GB / 300 GB

StableHost PLUS:
    15 GB / 300 GB

SharkSpace HAMMERHEAD:
    20 GB / 500 GB

I dont know for downtownhost, but stablehost only has a server in dallas. sharkspace has north carolina and kansas.

downtownhost has almost perfect rep on here. there should be no issue with the coupon

Hi!

I would like to clarify something, the coupon code refugee is valid for the first month, on monthly billing cycles and for shared packages only.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

DowntownHost, even though they have a tiny bit less of space or bandwidth, they ARE in chicago and a lot closer + all the good rep on WHT.

Others have good rep too. I have heard a FEW comments that sharkspace oversells their bigger packages a bit but im not sure.

Anybody knows if there is a 50% off coupon for DowntownHost ? Because that would make the deal maker here. I'm probabby buying the longest term there is.

Our biggest discount for any billing cycle is 25%
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

I've been recommending my a few of my freelancers and coders to Downtownhost for well over a year now and they've inturn recommended a few of their clients to DTH for hosting plans.

All I've heard back are good reports, so it's all good.

owm
    ()
    Life's what you make it.

Im with stablehost, can only say positive things about them!
    I have their Reseller Basic EU, for about 3 months now.
    Domain with them: https://www.xiix.dk

* $187.65 will be due on the next renewal date: 2012/11/01

what does this mean?

It means when your plan needs renewed on that date (almost 3 years from now)....that will be the amount needed to be paid.

owm
    ()
    Life's what you make it.

so .. theres no actualy discount? I pay back the discount I got right now later?

hmmm...of course you got discount.

the renewal cost in 3 years time is for the following period of years....i.e from 2012-2015....or whatever payment period you took.

you pay in advance mate.

owm
    Last edited by Outlaw Web Master; 10-18-2009 at 07:56 PM.
    ()
    Life's what you make it.

so .. theres no actualy discount? I pay back the discount I got right now later?
    It looks like you are paying tri-yearly for service, not monthly.
    StableHost .:. Unlimited web hosting done right. Experience the unlimited difference.
    PingThat .:. Is your website down? Find out now with our QuickChecker technology.

yeah but its 25% off which is not for the monthly plan according to all the coupons codes..

only the 99% applies to monthly only no?

email whoever you took the account with, they will explain it all in detail to you.

owm
    ()
    Life's what you make it.

the amount is correct and the discount is applied, 5.27 x 36 = 187, otheriwise it would be 6.95 x 36 = 250

its with downtownhost.com I have called them where it says 24/7 phone support but they say nobody is available even though im "FIRST IN LINE".

mate...give them a bit of breathing space...it's Sunday.

plus Jedito's just replied to your post above.

owm
    ()
    Life's what you make it.

its with downtownhost.com I have called them where it says 24/7 phone support but they say nobody is available even though im "FIRST IN LINE".
    I'm looking at this, somebody should be on duty today.

well.....sometimes people may need to go to the toilet or make coffee etc....don't be too hard on them rofl.

owm
    ()
    Life's what you make it.

yeah i called again and waited for about 9 mins and someone picked up

Im not being negative here! at least somebody's there on a sunday night!

But.. he was not able to answer my question but its alright. He told me how to maybe get a better answer on this.

downtownhost always has been good. I think sharkspace is pretty reliable as well.
    RackRhino Server Locations: MO, MI, NY, FL, UK
    Shared, Dedicated, Managed & Reseller.

Hey I just got myself some hosting at DowntownHost!! Is there no "customer area" or something like that? not that I need it. just wondering.

Hey I just got myself some hosting at DowntownHost!! Is there no "customer area" or something like that? not that I need it. just wondering.
    Judging from their past reviews, you made a wise choice. Congratulations!

I hope you'll come back and post a 3 or 6 month review?
    What's your budget?

Seriously, what's your budget?

Not sure what you mean with that what are you specifically looking for?

http://billing.downtownhost.com/

Is this what you're looking for?
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

I hosted my two websites with Downtownhost. They may be overselling a bit, but when I was with them, their service was excellent. Their representative, Jedito, is active on WHT, their support may do more than they should. My advice: choose Downtownhost.

yeah Mike, something like billing.downtownhost.com was what i was looking for, and it took me a while to find the support page where I can submit a ticket haha.

Thanks !

I still have a little billing issue.. I hope my credit card company will fix this..

I've been with DTH for a couple of years. Very happy with their support. There were some quirky php upgrade issues a while back, not sure what happened, but they took care of it quickly. They have also been patient and friendly when I asked for support on issues that turned out not to be on their end.

I'm going through hell right now with another host (that I didn't choose). Site down, 24 hour response time, an answer that is nonsense, and the ticket is closed. It makes you really appreciate good support and realize how little it is worth just to save a couple bucks a month when you get lousy support.