Carl Sagan - "A Glorious Dawn" Tribute Music Video

I've been sharing this with a few people since I saw it a few weeks ago, and I figured I'd share it with everyone now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSgiXGELjbc

Someone created a tribute to Carl Sagan, the famous astronomer who authored the book and TV mini-series "Cosmos" in 1980. It's an auto-tuned song that features clips from Sagan's "Cosmos" with a Cameo appearance by Stephen Hawking.

This video will have a lot more significance and nostalgic value to our older members, but even if you've never heard of Carl Sagan or his contributions, I think you'll agree this is a pretty cool tribute.
    Last edited by the_pm; 10-18-2009 at 10:32 AM.
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Full respect. I was 8 years old when Cosmos came out and my mum bought the huge hardback. I read it cover to cover 3 times by the time I was 14, understanding a bit more everytime. Not many people know he wrote Contact but died before it came out on the big screen. The first credit was "For Carl". He also pioneered SETI which was so popular 10 years ago. We even had a SETI group on our forum and I tried to run the client on some servers (didn't work out well). Awesome stuff.
    Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

I downloaded the mp3 and play it on repeat in my office when I'm working on something.

Surprised I have not annoyed my wife yet, but she likes it also.

Amy and I watched the first episode of Cosmos on Hulu.com yesterday morning. It appears the entire series is there, with each episode played in its entirety. If you don't mind a few commercials (they're not that bad, just a few, and very short), you can save yourself $130 and watch it there. We have a computer hooked up to our big screen, and the picture quality was pretty good, especially considering when it was made.

I'm looking forward to watching the rest soon. I was 5 when they came out, and my recollection is fleeting.
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Symphony of Science

'We Are All Connected' (ft. Sagan, Feynman, deGrasse Tyson & Bill Nye)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGK84Poeynk