View Poll Results: Which is better for Domain reselling purpose only (not web-hosting)

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • AWBS

8 53.33%
  • WHMCS

4 26.67%
  • Don't know.

3 20.00%

AWBS or WHMCS for Domain reselling only.

Friends, I am stuck here. AWBS vs. WHMCS for Domain-reselling centric only.

I know WHMCS is the best in its department, which is automating-web hosting, but my need for a specialized script, serving the specific need of only 'domain reselling' (not web hosting)business made me look towards- AWBS.

Simply going through the feature list of the both, each one has great feature's, Here is my finding :
    1) WHMCS is best for Web-hosting business, though can handle domain registration and basic domain management.
    2) Where as, AWBS is best suited for Domain-reselling purpose and offers greater domain reselling management capabilities, though can also handle basic web-hosting stuff.

Now please guide me, which way to go, I am very confused here between the two.

Any experience with AWBS will also help.
    Looking forward to your suggestion's & help, Many thx in advance.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by mr-news View Post
    Friends, I am stuck here. AWBS vs. WHMCS for Domain-reselling centric only.

I know WHMCS is the best in its department, which is automating-web hosting, but my need for a specialized script, serving the specific need of only 'domain reselling' (not web hosting)business made me look towards- AWBS.

Simply going through the feature list of the both, each one has great feature's, Here is my finding :
    1) WHMCS is best for Web-hosting business, though can handle domain registration and basic domain management.
    2) Where as, AWBS is best suited for Domain-reselling purpose and offers greater domain reselling management capabilities, though can also handle basic web-hosting stuff.

Now please guide me, which way to go, I am very confused here between the two.

Any experience with AWBS will also help.
    Looking forward to your suggestion's & help, Many thx in advance.

Cheers.
    I have not used AWBS, so I can't compare WHMCS and AWBS.

However, I can say I was trying to find a really great resell add on for WHMCS and found a add on that ties eNom's back end directly into your WHMCS.

link: >> simplyhosting.net/eNomExtended/

-----------------------
    Greg
    VancouverWebHosting.com

Whmcs has a module for just about every well known domain reselling program however you have to take into consideration it's going to be a complete separate process.

For instance we utilized NetEarthOne with our whmcs and when a client wants to buy a domain it has to create them an account at our netearthone area so now you have 2 different client areas. Anytime the client needs to do anything with the domain they have to login to our netearthone area not our whmcs area. It's a bit confusing for users and tedious for admins to deal with this type of setup.

I've also ran into issues in the past where some of the information whmcs was putting forward to NetEarth wasn't compatible with their system and domain transactions weren't going through right. It was probably something on my end that needed adjusted however since some domain reselling programs give you a client area your probably better off using what they give you.
    James Paul Woods
    Operations Manager
    HostKitty Internet Services

We are very satrisfied with AWBS.
    It contains everything you need for domain registration, billing and hosting account creation.

AWBS is made for domain registrations more than WHMCS.

The admin panel is badly designed, but it does its job
    Hello

Thx @ VWHBC, the link provided by you, is indeed extremely helpful.
    @ woods01, thankU for sharing your insight with us, it will definatelly be an aid to us.
    @ falencio, thank you for your encouraging words, towards awbs, specially as you are using it on your website. This thing really matters.

Quote Originally Posted by peter_anderson View Post
    AWBS is made for domain registrations more than WHMCS.

The admin panel is badly designed, but it does its job
    Thankyou Peter, for your efforts towards helping me figure out the best solution per my required needs.
    I am in a agreement with you now, that indeed awbs is made for domain registration
    1) It would be kind of you to share your (major)concerns here, when you mention "admin panel is badly designed".
    Also I would like to compliment you for your website (RegYourDomain.com)it is indeed a very nice & a beautiful website that you have, one small question:
    2) Does your website too utilizes awbs platform, and if Not, then which platform do you make use of.

Many thanks in advance.

Thankyou Peter, for your efforts towards helping me figure out the best solution per my required needs.
    I am in a agreement with you now, that indeed awbs is made for domain registration
    1) It would be kind of you to share your (major)concerns here, when you mention "admin panel is badly designed".
    Also I would like to compliment you for your website (RegYourDomain.com)it is indeed a very nice & a beautiful website that you have, one small question:
    2) Does your website too utilizes awbs platform, and if Not, then which platform do you make use of.

Many thanks in advance.
    1) The design (layout) of the admin panel in AWBS could do with a makeover.

If you look at http://i35.tinypic.com/2en4679.png, it looks a bit too busy for my liking.

2) I don't use AWBS. Thanks for the comment
    Hello

I really think both WHMCS and AWBS are over the top for selling domains personally ! Plus you could do with something more specific in certain ways.

This may not be an option for you but I'd develop something myself.

I have used AWBS for awhile and think choosing it over WHMCS is something you will be able to live with.

One thin I like about AWBS is they don't nickel and dime you. You pay their license fee and get your script, you don't have to pay for removal of the tag link or anything like that.
    Another positive thing about AWBS is the few times I have had to contact support, I was gotten back to pretty quickly within 1-3 hours.

A few things I don't like about AWBS is #1 the template system is horrible, I'd rate it a 2 out of 5, You can work through it but you will want to smash things. #2 The site configuration can be a bit of a pain at times. #3 I agree the admin section could be a little bit better.

I have used AWBS for a few years now and once you work through the issues it works well.

Quote Originally Posted by krieg05 View Post
    Hi,

We are currently developing similar application as AWBS but with enhanced features and capabilities.

The application itself is still in "Alpha" stage and scheduled to be released in "Beta" within next 2 months.

www.SDRAPP.com

We are re-designing the main site at the moment, and the administration panel has totally changed. We would like to welcome anyone who would like to see how it looks like or for demo account.
    Hi this is a welcome news, I have requested for a demo account for my self, I have sent mail to [email protected]' using mail from [email protected]' domain, pls oblige

Regards,
    Kenz
    "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, so that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16, Holy Bible.

Quote Originally Posted by krieg05 View Post
    The application itself is still in "Alpha" stage and scheduled to be released in "Beta" within next 2 months.

SDRAPP
    The website shows that the beta version is already out & your post is not two months old

There are various scripts which you can use specifically for the domain industry. I would recommend that you ask around at a domain forum such as dnforum for advice.

I have used WHMCS, it is good and is reliable tool for Domain Reselling. Not sure about AWBS, neither used nor heard, hence, mustn't comment about its work.

The website shows that the beta version is already out & your post is not two months old
    Yeah, after last couple months lots have changed. Started it alone, now I have 3 partners and 2 developers working together. We are re-designing and doing some major development changes both on the site and the application.

We hope to launch very soon : )

SDRAPP.com - Domain Management and Reselling Platform
    ATROBO.com - Sverige Bästa Webbhotell

We have one website that for selling domains. And we have several other websites where we sell domains *and* web hosting.

We use the same AWBS database for all the websites. Each "front-end" website uses the same database, which makes it very easy to admin.

www.AWBS.com was originally designed as a domain-only software program.. so the domain registration and management features are very good. Then a few years ago, they added the web hosting ability.. and that is also now very good.

So in my experience (using awbs for over 6 years for multiple websites), AWBS is a very good program that can handle both domain and web hosting requirements easily.

The only "bad" thing about it is that their templates are dead ugly. The latest version is a little better, but they are still ugly. We created our own custom templates years ago, so our websites are totally customized, but the backend is run by AWBS.

We're planning to create a new "domain only" website, and will be using AWBS to manage it, too.

I hope that helps to answer your question.

Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!