Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your experience with Servint?

Hi,

After reading many topic about VPS providers I finally found some providers who fits my needs.

1.Servint
    2.Liquidweb
    3.Wiredtree
    4.Futurehosting
    5.Knownhost

It seems that those 5 have the best reviews and the best packages/price for my needs.

I think that Servint will be the best choise even if they are all good providers.

99% I will go for Servint,but I'd like to know how your experience is with Servint as a customer.

Just checked their speed and this seems to be perfect,to The Netherlands.
    Most of my visitors will come from the US,but speed to The Netherlands must also be perfect to work with cpanel etc.
    Sorry to say,but in the past I tried a VPS from FH and their speed to The Netherlands wasn't so good as the speed of Servint.

What I also like about Servint is that they have their own datacenter in Washington DC.

Looking forward to see your posts.

Richard

You have pin-pointed the top managed vps hosts. And I think you are correct in having ServInt on the top of your list. You can go crazy looking at all of the options/plans (and $$$) for the various hosts... but just know that you get what you pay for with ServInt. You won't be disappointed.

ServInt has:

- quality hardware
    - a great network setup
    - ample resources for the $ (ram, hd, bandwidth)
    - resources are NOT oversold... get what you pay for
    - great support (fully managed w/ backups)
    - cPanel & Plesk (wish they offered DirectAdmin)
    - quick & painless upgrade/downgrade options
    - a great customer only forum that is pretty active
    - management that is accessible (and helpful)

*** a current promo offering 50% off the 1st month

Quote Originally Posted by mainpipe View Post
    You have pin-pointed the top managed vps hosts. And I think you are correct in having ServInt on the top of your list. You can go crazy looking at all of the options/plans (and $$$) for the various hosts... but just know that you get what you pay for with ServInt. You won't be disappointed.

ServInt has:

- quality hardware
    - a great network setup
    - ample resources for the $ (ram, hd, bandwidth)
    - resources are NOT oversold... get what you pay for
    - great support (fully managed w/ backups)
    - cPanel & Plesk (wish they offered DirectAdmin)
    - quick & painless upgrade/downgrade options
    - a great customer only forum that is pretty active
    - management that is accessible (and helpful)

*** a current promo offering 50% off the 1st month
    Thanks for this great post,it seems that you are a happy customer with Servint ;-)

More advice and experiences are always welcome.

Richard

serverint has been always good...but currently wiredtree are providing you much better services... I would recommand you using them.

Quote Originally Posted by ragavbpl View Post
    serverint has been always good...but currently wiredtree are providing you much better services... I would recommand you using them.
    Can you also explain me more why the service of Wiredtree is much better?

Ive been with Servint for approaching 6 years and their service, conduct and products have been legendary.
    --
    Rich

ServInt has years and years of experience with Virtuozzo. They own, operate and staff two datacentres. They provide a highly reliable VPS product and back it up with a skillful & courteous support team -- and they back up your VPS also

With numerous upgrades of disk space, memory and bandwidth over the years, they've shown that they are committed to providing the best possible service for existing clients -- and aren't focused solely on acquiring new ones.

In my opinion they are a shining example in the VPS industry of "how to do it right".

I've had a VPS with them for years (I forget exactly how many). Without having to look, I'm 99.997% sure it is up and performing exactly as it should.

Thanks for your posts,this is what I needed.

It seems that Servint will be a winner in my opinion,but I am still checking reviews and posts ;-)

I was just looking for some reviews about Wiredtree and one of the first posts I read was about downtime last period...

Still thinking between Servint and Wiredtree,they both have nice offers and specifications.

What will be the biggest difference between Servint and Wiredtree?

Quote Originally Posted by rimo View Post
    Hi,

After reading many topic about VPS providers I finally found some providers who fits my needs.

1.Servint
    2.Liquidweb
    3.Wiredtree
    4.Futurehosting
    5.Knownhost

It seems that those 5 have the best reviews and the best packages/price for my needs.

I think that Servint will be the best choise even if they are all good providers.

99% I will go for Servint,but I'd like to know how your experience is with Servint as a customer.

Just checked their speed and this seems to be perfect,to The Netherlands.
    Most of my visitors will come from the US,but speed to The Netherlands must also be perfect to work with cpanel etc.
    Sorry to say,but in the past I tried a VPS from FH and their speed to The Netherlands wasn't so good as the speed of Servint.

What I also like about Servint is that they have their own datacenter in Washington DC.

Looking forward to see your posts.

Richard
    FYI, WiredTree and LiquidWeb both have their own DCs.

A piece of advice. If most of your visitors are from the US, why bother the speed to your country, The Netherlands? You should worry about the speed your visitors are experiencing, not what you experience.

The 5 of them are highly regarded VPS providers around. I don't think you will go wrong with either of them, except for the location issue.

Quote Originally Posted by LaptopFreak View Post
    FYI, WiredTree and LiquidWeb both have their own DCs.

A piece of advice. If most of your visitors are from the US, why bother the speed to your country, The Netherlands? You should worry about the speed your visitors are experiencing, not what you experience.

The 5 of them are highly regarded VPS providers around. I don't think you will go wrong with either of them, except for the location issue.
    I know that the most important thing is the speed to my visitors in the US.
    As most of my visitors will come from the US I'd like to see the speed in the US for all those providers,where can I check that?

Those 5 seems to be the best providers,but I need to make the right choise ;-)

Perhaps you can do a ping test from a US location?

Perhaps you can do a ping test from a US location?
    When I do a normal ping this ping will be to/from The Netherlands.

Maybe I am a bit stupid,but how can I do a ping from the US? ;-)

When I do a normal ping this ping will be to/from The Netherlands.

Maybe I am a bit stupid,but how can I do a ping from the US? ;-)
    Perhaps from a US IP?

Perhaps from a US IP?
    Thank you very much,will have a look ;-)

A ping test will have little to say about the speed of your website in many cases, as a network with 70ms may perform worse than one with a 100ms ping due to congestion or packet loss.

Doing a ping test may be relevant if you are running a latency sensitive application.
    478east
    High Bandwidth Servers
    Custom Hosting Solutions

I was with servint until few years back as I my project was over I had to drop out, I was with them for 24months and only 1 downtime overall, they had some hardware problem so they gave me the earlier day db on the server, for this they compensated with 15 day service, that was great, other than tht, I didn't have any sort of problem in my 24month service, support was fast and efficient even a kid could run a site with the help of these amazing bunch of people
    I would give u 3 cheers if opt to go with servint

Thanks you all for your replies.

I just decided to sign up with Servint.

For me this seems the best choise ;-)

Well its nice to know you have decided to try them out, I hope you find your stay there with no problems. Do update us with your experience there so we would know how it was. =)

Thanks you all for your replies.

I just decided to sign up with Servint.

For me this seems the best choise ;-)
    Glad to hear it. Welcome to the ServInt Family!
    ServInt
    Providing Managed VPS for over 11 years
    Managed Dedicated Servers for almost 19 years!
    http://www.servint.net

Quote Originally Posted by BobFarmer View Post
    Glad to hear it. Welcome to the ServInt Family!
    I feel already very comfortable with this family ;-)

The signup process was really fast,within an hour my VPS was ready.

Cause I am not so experienced,I needed some help with some small setups.
    I submitted some support tickets and they responded very fast and really gentle.

All I can say now,Perfect!

Those are all excellent companies and it's hard to go wrong with any of them. Good luck with your ServInt account come back in a few months and keep us updated.

congrats on signing up with servint, hope u hav gud service as well

Hi,

1.Servint
    2.Liquidweb
    3.Wiredtree
    4.Futurehosting
    5.Knownhost
    All good choices, stable providers who have been around the boards and get good reviews for quite some time.

You can't go wrong with Servint! Great VPS Provider
    Top VPS Hosting Providers
    See some of the best VPS hosting providers and learn about VPS Technology at
    Best VPS Hosting

@VPSMaster

I don't mean to hijack this thread and totally off topic but how exactly do you come up with your top 10 VPS list? Your site links to what is termed "review" but that goes to what seems to be just host's self promo verbiage.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyan View Post
    @VPSMaster

I don't mean to hijack this thread and totally off topic but how exactly do you come up with your top 10 VPS list? Your site links to what is termed "review" but that goes to what seems to be just host's self promo verbiage.
    If you're referring to the web site listed in their sig, it's nothing but 10 affiliate links. It's just disguised as a "VPS review" site, or at least that's the way I see it.
    What's your budget?

Seriously, what's your budget?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast