Note: I believe this was caused by operator error and is not a problem with the application.
2 days ago, in the process of inserting a <meta> tag in the head section of the index.html page, I apparently clicked wrong and deleted the HTML code for the Java Script that is required for the Navigation buttons.
I have tried: (a) to replace the missing code with that section of code from the previous version that was working properly and (b) to replace the index.html page with the previous version that was working properly, so I could start over, but the results, after cutting and pasting are not what I need.
The Index.html page is working, but instead of the Navigation Buttons, there are text links shown at this time.
Question: What is the fastest and easiest way to recover from my error? TIA!
Collabora: Thank you for replying! I always have approximately 20 of the most recent versions of my web sites on my hard drive and also on 2 CD-RW media. I will try the fpadmin as you suggested. I have noticed, before this, that sometimes when copying HTML links for Affiliate Links, or <meta> tags for Bing or Yahoo Webmaster Tools to authenticate my web sites, that when pasting the code, sometimes it changes..... Questions: the last version I have of that web site, where the Navigation Buttons on the index.html page worked properly, was v.101. (1) Can I change the date on that page and Publish only that page, with FrontPage 2000, while I have v.101 open in FrontPage 2000? (2) Can I then Import only that page, with FrontPage 2000, into v.103 which is the latest version of the web site? (All of the other pages are OK, so I do not want to damage them) Thank you, for your time and help! (OT: Where is Oak Park? I can't find it on my 1997 Road Atlas).
I think the problem you're running into is with the Frontpage extensions. Have you tried copying/pasting the code from another page that is working on the same site? You may have to change a tiny bit of code if there's something that specifies what the current page is but that may be your best bet rather than going back to a previous version.
Collabora and larry2148: Thank you both for replying! Much appreciated by this native Californian. I had FrontPage repair itself, not sure if it fixed anything or not, but it completed the process. Per the idea in my previous reply to Collabora, I opened the latest version of the web site (v.103) in M$ FrontPage 2000 and then I Imported the index.html file, from the earlier version that worked properly (v.101), from my hard drive and overwrote the corrupted index.html file. Then, I changed the date on that page and Published it to the web site and the Navigation Buttons are working properly again. I then copied the <meta> for Yahoo Site Explorer to Authenticate the web site again. That's where the problem began on Thursday. I noticed that again, the HTML was changed, only for that <meta> so I corrected that and now I am in the process of backing up to the 2 CD-RW media. Thanks again and have a nice day!